HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OT: Favorite Mites on Ice moment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=754166)

Roomtemperature 03-24-2010 02:27 AM

Favorite Mites on Ice moment

For the future NHL stars lets show a little love. Or teenagers who have grown bitter and angry at life or how ever long they are doing the thing.

This is a little moment but I remember one busted out a toe drag to get a break away years ago that I couldn't do on skates.

Larsson 03-24-2010 02:31 AM

I think it was at the game two Fridays ago against Pittsburgh. There had to be at least five breakaways in that game.

Sarge18 03-24-2010 04:33 AM

I remember a fight breaking out in one of them in one of the first years they did these back at the dump.

Devils731 03-24-2010 04:44 AM

When a kid came out with one of his skate guards still out and slipped about 40 times before the "ref" came over and took it off for him. I don't know if the kid ever knew what was wrong, was probably panicking.

Richer's Ghost 03-24-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils731 (Post 24690953)
When a kid came out with one of his skate guards still out and slipped about 40 times before the "ref" came over and took it off for him. I don't know if the kid ever knew what was wrong, was probably panicking.

who HASN'T done that as a mite?

Also hilarious as an adult to put scotch tape on a buddy's skates before a beer league game and watch the same ensuing hilarity. Death threats or slapshots at the most offending laughing party usually follow.

GuillermoMagico 03-24-2010 09:02 AM

In 2007 my cousin played in the mites game, and me and my family thought he scored a breakaway goal as time expired. Turns out it wasn't him, but all 20 of us or so went off regardless.:laugh:

NJDevs26 03-24-2010 11:46 AM

Last night was pretty good, when the kid scored with less than a second left (and I suspect the reason for this thread) :)

Although I couldn't help but think he's doomed to be drafted by the Hurricanes now :sarcasm:

JWomp 03-24-2010 12:54 PM

My favorite Mites on Ice moments:

1. At a Trenton Devils game this year, as the kids were skating off after their time, this one bigger kid decided he wanted to take someone out and just chopped at the skates of the kid in front of him until he wiped out.

2. In 2003 at the Devils/Isles game (Elias had 4 goals, Devils won 6-0), Marty's kids were the goalies.

BenedictGomez 03-24-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevs26 (Post 24693964)
Last night was pretty good, when the kid scored with less than a second left (and I suspect the reason for this thread) :)

I commented on it in the GDT I was so impressed. But my favorite was last year (or was it early this year) when a kid scored on a wrister from decently far out. I was shocked.

Roomtemperature 03-24-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevs26 (Post 24693964)

Although I couldn't help but think he's doomed to be drafted by the Hurricanes now :sarcasm:

Someone mentioned it in the GDT thread and I thought that was a thread right there so here we are.

SCOTTIESTEVENS 03-24-2010 05:02 PM

Mites on Ice is probably the best in between periods activity.

The worst: The bagpipe procession at the St Pattys day game put me to sleep.

Devils Mike* 03-24-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTIESTEVENS (Post 24700075)
Mites on Ice is probably the best in between periods activity.

The worst: The bagpipe procession at the St Pattys day game put me to sleep.

Mites on Ice and that puck through the hole thing actually makes the intermissions exciting.

SCOTTIESTEVENS 03-24-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Mike (Post 24703067)
Mites on Ice and that puck through the hole thing actually makes the intermissions exciting.

:sarcasm: Super Score-O?

dsarch 03-24-2010 08:36 PM

i forget when it was but someone fell down and there was like a 4 person pile on.

also i love when there are like 25 kids on the ice at a time and no one can even move.

Blackjack 03-24-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Mike (Post 24703067)

It's okay. Honestly I'd rather just see another mites on ice set.

BenedictGomez 03-24-2010 10:50 PM

Super Score-O is cool in theory, and it has been a Devils tradition FOREVER, but it makes me want to hit my head against a wall. They always manage to find people that have never touched a hockey stick in their entire life.

Larsson 03-24-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenedictGomez (Post 24709471)
Super Score-O is cool in theory, and it has been a Devils tradition FOREVER, but it makes me want to hit my head against a wall. They always manage to find people that have never touched a hockey stick in their entire life.

Seriously. I've seen multiple people use the stick like a golf club.

Also, is it just me, or has the Score-O been absolutely porous lately? Over 90% of the shots have been located a mile wide (think Brian Rolston), and even when they were on net, you could easily predict that they weren't headed into the net.

Omar Little 03-24-2010 11:37 PM

Favorite Mites on Ice moment has to be when I played in it on new years eve in either 98, 99, or 00. Devils played Boston that night. One of the kids knew Marty and I got an autographed picture of him. Gotta say it was a pretty kick ass night. In case anyone was wondering I was playing for the Jr. Devils out of good ole South Mountain Arena and the score that night was 0-0 haha.

Vick Vinegar 03-26-2010 12:07 AM

I could be remembering this wrong. But I am pretty sure there was one where the kids all started fighting. It was all in good fun but it was funny to see the kids decide to just go at it.

Devils86 03-26-2010 11:34 AM

When my best friends son played goal and made a save,,,,,,still talks about it

Devils86 03-26-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZ Pops (Post 24710610)
Seriously. I've seen multiple people use the stick like a golf club.

Also, is it just me, or has the Score-O been absolutely porous lately? Over 90% of the shots have been located a mile wide (think Brian Rolston), and even when they were on net, you could easily predict that they weren't headed into the net.

and the "hole in the goal" is much larger than it used to be back in the day