HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Charity Event (3/25/10) Art/Music/Drinks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=754276)

TheGooooch 03-24-2010 11:48 AM

Charity Event (3/25/10) Art/Music/Drinks

So, this is for anyone but mainly anyone in the SJ area. I posted it in the OT thread but not sure if everyone checks in there.

My friend (Billy Barnes) is hosting a charity event in downtown SJ this Thursday (3-25-2010 from 7pm to 10pm). It is a fundraiser for the Support Network for Battered Women, www.supportnetwork.org . It is $5 at the door and there will be a silent auction and raffle (the $5 gets you free raffle tix and some of the prizes are art, Sharks tix, gift certificates for tattoo work). There is going to be a lot of art in the silent auction. There will also be some live musicians playing (Ben Henderson, David Knight are 2 of them, formerly of other local bands and friends who are on the local scene, another duo and a dj). There will be beer and wine. This should be a good time for all ages and for a good cause. I will be working the door I believe so if you see a guy in a silver tie that is the infamous Gooooch.

Anyone who is interested can either PM, post in here or just show up. It is downtown SJ by the Agenda (or by OJs, right around that area).

It is at Anno Domini
366 South 1st Street
San Jose, CA

Good music, good art, good drinks.

Rem 03-24-2010 12:44 PM

Damn I'd be down but I'm going to the game tomorrow. I'm a Ben Henderson fan too, love his music.

TheGooooch 03-24-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT (Post 24696121)
Damn I'd be down but I'm going to the game tomorrow. I'm a Ben Henderson fan too, love his music.

Ben does some really cool stuff. I went to high school with him and have spent many nights hanging out playing guitar with him and a lot of the guys from his previous project (Delta Activity). I really like what Good Hustle is doing. The set he is doing here is with David Knight and they are completing each other on each person's music. Should be cool.

Have fun at the game though. Hopefully they don't show the fans a handful of suck

TheGooooch 03-24-2010 08:05 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun and a good time. I am definitely going to go so that I can meet you Gooooch

SpinTheBlackCircle 03-24-2010 08:08 PM

:) If I lived in Norcal, I'd be in.

The Nemesis 03-24-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 24705439)
That sounds like a lot of fun and a good time. I am definitely going to go so that I can meet you Gooooch

LolQue?

TheGooooch 03-25-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild GM (Post 24705515)
:) If I lived in Norcal, I'd be in.

Yeah, there is already a lot of people going. Just trying to get some more

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 24706257)
LolQue?

I figured people were worried to be the first to say they are going so I fixed that. :sarcasm:

I will even sign your raffle ticket to whoever comes

HOOCH2173 03-25-2010 08:46 AM

wait so the Gooch is going to meet himself?

Awesome!

TheGooooch 03-25-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 (Post 24714930)
wait so the Gooch is going to meet himself?

Awesome!

With how much I am likely to drink tonight, that is a definite possibility :nod:

CrazedZooChimp 03-25-2010 12:53 PM

It sounds neat Goooch, but I'll be at the game. Have a drink for all of us at the game :nod:

TheGooooch 03-25-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp (Post 24718522)
It sounds neat Goooch, but I'll be at the game. Have a drink for all of us at the game :nod:

Don't worry, I will. Everyone at the game have a drink for me since I can't watch.

TheGooooch 03-26-2010 08:27 PM

Raised like $1400 or so when all was said and done. I was quite hammered the whole time as well. Good stuff. Another one of these will happen and hopefully we can get Dredg to play along with the same musicians.