HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   DW now Pres, Duds is GM, Anderson and staff fired. All info on new coaching staff (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=754924)

John Cena* 03-25-2010 08:46 PM

DW now Pres, Duds is GM, Anderson and staff fired. All info on new coaching staff

I'm already speculating that Anderson will be fired. He's as good as fired already in my books. I see Waddell being fired too but that's another topic.

What coach would you like to see coach here? Maybe one of the assisstants? Or a whole new coach brought in? Top 5 coaches available?

AintLifeGrand 03-25-2010 08:47 PM

Bob Hartley

John Cena* 03-25-2010 08:51 PM

He's 1000000x better coach than Anderson will ever be. I'd gladly take him back and watch his dump and chase system that actually got us to win the division.

Shameus 03-25-2010 08:54 PM

No offense you two, but there is a reason he still doesn't have a head coaching job and has yet to be offered one.

John Cena* 03-25-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shameus (Post 24731209)
No offense you two, but there is a reason he still doesn't have a head coaching job and has yet to be offered one.

I don't know why not. He has a ton of experience. Legit experience. NHL experience. And doesn't he have a championship??? An NHL championship?

Shameus 03-25-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 24731523)
I don't know why not. He has a ton of experience. Legit experience. NHL experience. And doesn't he have a championship??? An NHL championship?

Yes he does, but he has also had two locker rooms turn on him and everybody in the NHL knows it. That is one of the reasons he is still without a job. Another is he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way on his teams and throughout the league.

KevFist 03-25-2010 09:17 PM

What I want is for Atlanta fans to stop being so God-forsaken flippy

Telfo 03-25-2010 09:35 PM

Anderson wont get fired whether we make it or not.(barring an epic collapse the rest of the way)

ThrasherMinion 03-25-2010 09:58 PM

The ONLY way there are any changes is if by July 1, season ticket sales are stagnant. They lowered the prices a lot which means they realize the problems and are hoping the cuts entice fans to come back.

If sales are flat, they will go to the next level which will be to move DW up the ladder but out of the Hockey pipeline and create some interest with a new direction.

AintLifeGrand 03-25-2010 11:35 PM

therien??

Mactavish?

pat burns available?

Kevin Dineen?

Peter Sidorkiewicz 03-26-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky17 (Post 24733421)
The ONLY way there are any changes is if by July 1, season ticket sales are stagnant. They lowered the prices a lot which means they realize the problems and are hoping the cuts entice fans to come back.

If sales are flat, they will go to the next level which will be to move DW up the ladder but out of the Hockey pipeline and create some interest with a new direction.

Can't take this approach. If your in two minds and think it may boost sales to remove the gm then it needs to be done asap. The draft the most important time of the year for the gm as a lot what happens whether it will be drafting kids or making trades will dictate the approach to free agency and how opening day roster looks. The new gm needs time to evaluate a new direction and it should start immediately at the end of the season and not 1 July. I'm very certain that a new gm, a great draft and a big trade will spark sth interest. Follow that up with good free agent signings and a good preseason games performance and that should to an increase in attendance initially.

Georgia Dawg 03-26-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneel (Post 24732117)

This. It is painful to get on this board sometimes with the constant negativity. Ugh.

AtlantaWhaler 03-26-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

The new ATL mascot...

:dm:

Flippy the God-forsaken monkey!!

netminder17 03-26-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

For the record, I've never liked Anderson. His "system" is a joke. You can't win championships playing all offense.

The Sneak 03-26-2010 08:10 AM

Anderson has another year on his deal, yes? Give him another year to fill out his plan. Bring in more mobile players that can play his system in the off season and see what we can do.

If it doesn't work then go after Mike Babcock who is out of contract after the 10-11 season. If this team does elect to go in another direction let's go get a star. I'm sick of retreads and coaching n00bs.

The Sneak 03-26-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netminder17 (Post 24737715)
For the record, I've never liked Anderson. His "system" is a joke. You can't win championships playing all offense.

You just ruined Bruce Boudreau's day.

dj4aces 03-26-2010 08:57 AM

The Plan:

a. Yzerman becomes General Manager.
b. Chelios becomes Defense coach.
c. Hedberg becomes Goalie coach.
d. I wake up from my dream of watching the Thrashers hoist the cup sometime in the next five years.

KevFist 03-26-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 24737663)
The new ATL mascot...

:dm:

Flippy the God-forsaken monkey!!

hahaha! It's more entertaining than thrash!

AintLifeGrand 03-26-2010 10:24 AM

:dm::dm::dm::dm::dm::dm:

YES

Tommy Hawk 03-26-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 24731523)

So does Mike Keenan

Tommy Hawk 03-26-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj4aces (Post 24738434)
The Plan:

a. Yzerman becomes General Manager.
b. Chelios becomes Defense coach.
c. Hedberg becomes Goalie coach.
d. I wake up from my dream of watching the Thrashers hoist the cup sometime in the next five years.

I like this....

You might be able to get a bag of used pucks for Waddell. Or maybe one puck.

N O T O R I O U S 03-26-2010 11:16 AM

Mactavish

TasteofFlames 03-26-2010 03:50 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on Yzerman. He picked team Canada this year, BFD. It would have been just as effective if he had drawn names from a hat. I know he's been sitting in Ken Hollands pocket for a couple of years, but you know who else was... This guy

StevenintheATL 03-26-2010 03:59 PM

In all honesty, what's out there isn't pretty.

Do we really want someone like Mike Kennan, Ken Hitchcock, Ted Nolan, Brian Sutter, or Andy Murray behind the bench here. Most of those guys are past their sell-by date.

Hey, it could be worse, we could have hired Pat Quinn.....

Here's something interesting to note from right after HiBob got the ax:

With Hartley gone, who would you like to see as Thrashers head coach...

John Anderson finished fourth out of the five options. There was a tie between Pat Quinn and Randy Cunneyworth for the top spot.

Ashe 03-27-2010 12:27 AM

Coach stays. GM combo we have stays.

We shed last of the hartley era.

The "choices" are all guys who put people in the dog house, or are worse then everyone thinks anderson is.