HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   TSN 1260: Tambo on Oilers lunch Today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=757295)

Jmask83 03-31-2010 03:16 PM

Tambo on Oilers lunch Today

Tambo on Oilers Lunch RiGHT NOW

ca phe sua da 03-31-2010 03:18 PM

updates plz

BlueBelle 03-31-2010 03:21 PM

its hard to win championships without having players that know how to win.

BlueBelle 03-31-2010 03:24 PM

drafting has always been important, even more important this year.

its the only way you can develop true sucess. "Important part of Oilers history, but its something we have to be excellent at"

looking at character, leadership as well as skill when drafting.

n00b1AnPr1nc355 03-31-2010 03:27 PM

He said he is also looking at fowler. I will ****ing spaz if he even considered fowler

Jmask83 03-31-2010 03:29 PM

-Talking about Detroit and how they built their team.
-Stauffer asks if Edmonton wants to use that template?
-Tambo goes on endlessly about nothing and not answering the question directly.
-Stauffer telling one of his stories that are supposed to lead into a question. Then asks about the draft.
-Drafting is important according to Tambo. Amazing insight. "Its the best way to sustain success."
-Stauffer asks about the future watch list
-Tambo complements Stu Mcgregor for the Oilers drafting success and having two players in the top 15 on that list. First time in 20 years.
-Stauffer using a football analogy that is completely unnecessary to ask about who the Oilers should draft.
-Talking about Windsor VS Plymouth
-Tambo says its very exciting. Happy to see both in the same series. Makes mention of Fowler also which is interesting.
-Comparing Hall Vs. Seguin to Chris Gratton Vs. Jason Arnott. Nice!
Apparently Gratton was more physically mature than Arnott at the time and dominated him in a playoff series but Arnott turned out better.
-Tambo talking about knowing how to project based on many factors.
-Would the Oilers try to get both picks??
-Tambo doesn't think anyone would trade any lottery picks. But is looking forward to hearing if there are any offers.

BlueBelle 03-31-2010 03:29 PM

looking forward to significant offers for moving up in the draft pick, but will be shocked to see many teams giving up picks.

Reimer 03-31-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 (Post 24844346)
He said he is also looking at fowler. I will ****ing spaz if he even considered fowler

It's his job to look at and consider Fowler.

Jmask83 03-31-2010 03:30 PM

-Stauffer asks About Chris Vand Velde
-Discussions are going on with VV and nothing to update. Doesn't think Nash will sign and will go for his 4th year.

Semper Fidelis 03-31-2010 03:31 PM

Eh I listened. Nothing special or new.

The only thing he said was VV is ready to go.

Wheatking 03-31-2010 03:38 PM

Management is running out of new ways to say the same thing. Can't really criticize that. The situation became obvious in December.

foshizzle 03-31-2010 03:46 PM

You know what, I'm getting concerned with how many times he's mentioned Fowler when asked about Hall/Seguin. He did it on HNIC a couple of weeks back, did it on the last Oilers PPV. Both times he was asked about Hall/Seguin- and for no apparent reason started talking about Fowler. I have this bad feeling the Oilers will trade down- perhaps with Boston to get both their picks in which they will Draft Fowler and perhaps el nino.

OntOilFan 03-31-2010 03:47 PM

Does this guy ever say anything of value?

What a waste of everyone's time.

n00b1AnPr1nc355 03-31-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foshizzle (Post 24844683)
You know what, I'm getting concerned with how many times he's mentioned Fowler when asked about Hall/Seguin. He did it on HNIC a couple of weeks back, did it on the last Oilers PPV. Both times he was asked about Hall/Seguin- and for no apparent reason started talking about Fowler. I have this bad feeling the Oilers will trade down- perhaps with Boston to get both their picks in which they will Draft Fowler and perhaps el nino.

This would disgust me unless Boston picks second and they want seguin.

Reimer 03-31-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntOilFan (Post 24844709)

So what would you have liked to hear?

Jmask83 03-31-2010 03:54 PM

I think if Gibby can continue playing well and Petry Develop and Smid Continues to get better. Then our top 4 can be pretty good with

Whitney-Gibby
Smid-Petry (This could be a very nice pairing)
Pekham-Johnson

For next year that could be good enough.

Point is Fowler is not a necessity right now. Seguin or Hall are much more important.

CupofOil 03-31-2010 03:55 PM

People will find a way to complain about anything..... What did you people think he would say that he hasn't said already? He speaks and people complain then he doesn't say anything new and people complain, it's a lose lose with some people.
I personally don't care what he says either way, i just want to him to speak through his actions.

Jmask83 03-31-2010 04:01 PM

I was hoping he'd talk about Omark and MPS. MPS is apparently waiting for the Oilers to give him advice on what to do next. Also Omark left Dynamo so I wanted to hear what he though about that. Perhaps he could of talked about Eberle's fast start has changed their mind about keeping him the whole year in the AHL. I was also hoping he'd talk about Cogliano and his play of late. Stuff like that. Instead we got the same interview we heard millions of times before.

s7ark 03-31-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Tambo better buy some tar and feather cleaner if that is his plan.

millpoo 03-31-2010 04:10 PM

Tambo's talk about Fowler is just a buncha hot air if you ask me. He's doing it so it sounds like he's covered all of his bases.

I'm more convinced that Stu Macgregor will be making the pick come draft day. I would think the head of scouting, not the general manager, would have a better feel for which player fits the team's needs come draft day.

awesomo 03-31-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntOilFan (Post 24844709)

he says something, people complain

he says nothing, people complain

conclusion: people complain ;)

nullterm 03-31-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

I'm hoping it's a smoke screen for some random reason.

If the Oilers end up walking away without Hall/Seguin then Tambo might as well not return to Edmonton from the draft. Peter Puck would be smiling because someone would take over the crown for most hated Oiler management person ever.

OntOilFan 03-31-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reimer (Post 24844770)
So what would you have liked to hear?

An interesting interview.

c4fn8d 03-31-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nullterm (Post 24845801)
I'm hoping it's a smoke screen for some random reason.

Yes most likely a smoke screen, probably to not put any more pressure on Hall or Seguin then they are already going through.

s7ark 03-31-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c4fn8d (Post 24845965)
Yes most likely a smoke screen, probably to not put any more pressure on Hall or Seguin then they are already going through.

Hall And Seguin are going 1,2 in the draft. They better get used to pressure because big things will be expected of both, no matter who takes them.

And i was fine with Tambo talking about Fowler when our draft position wasn't certain to be top2; you don't want to alienate a guy you might end up taking. But now that we have a top 2 pick, ALL the draft talk should be about Hall or Seguin.