HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official 2010 MLB Thread (All Yankees, Mets and General MLB talk here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=757297)

Trxjw 03-31-2010 02:29 PM

Official 2010 MLB Thread (All Yankees, Mets and General MLB talk here)
 
It's baseball season. Keep all MLB talk in here.

If anyone wants to make a "nicer" first post, go ahead and I'll fill it in here.

Bluenote13 03-31-2010 03:22 PM

Go Nationals ! :propeller

Should be a fun year, Yanks/Mets divisions could be best of both leagues.

Weird thing happened today in the Yanks/Twins game - in the First inning the Twin's Denard Span fouled a pitch into his own mother's mouth ! She was sitting in a seat right next to the dugout. She was down for a minute but got up and walked it off. One of the craziest things i've seen in Baseball.

DontStepanMe 03-31-2010 03:29 PM

Let's Go Mets!!!!

BroadwayBlues 03-31-2010 03:59 PM

Go Yankees!




Attachment 38627

nyr2k2 03-31-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rags225 (Post 24845553)
Let's Go Mets!!!!

Ugh. Not optimistic about this season. Looks like we're a joke again.

SupersonicMonkey* 03-31-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 24846676)
Ugh. Not optimistic about this season. Looks like we're a joke again.

I sincerely hope not.

Having a healthy team would be a great start... Unfortunately that isn't happening right now with Reyes, Beltran, and now Murphy missing opening day.

If we can get Beltran back on the field sooner then later, I think our team isn't that bad. Wild Card caliber.

If they can just get into the playoffs anything can happen.

White Plains Batman 03-31-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 24847513)
I sincerely hope not.

Having a healthy team would be a great start... Unfortunately that isn't happening right now with Reyes, Beltran, and now Murphy missing opening day.

If we can get Beltran back on the field sooner then later, I think our team isn't that bad. Wild Card caliber.

If they can just get into the playoffs anything can happen.

I don't know dude, the 2-4 in their pitching staff is questionable at best and they're missing one key bat.

If they can play small ball and the bullpen is as good as advertised they might have a chance, otherwise, I don't know.

nyr2k2 03-31-2010 05:41 PM

Yeah, the Metsies have no starting pitching. It's gonna be ugly.

Dredden 03-31-2010 05:43 PM

Anyone know how Granderson and J.V have been doing in Preseason?

TrollololBoyle 03-31-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SI Ranger (Post 24847835)
Anyone know how Granderson and J.V have been doing in Preseason?

Granderson is doing well, he's batting .273/.373/.364

Vasquez has a 19.1IP/18H/9R/9ER/4HR/6BB/18SO line.

Don't take too much stock into Spring Training stats though, many of the Yankees start out slow, then they explode around All-Star break and run away with the division.

I know the 2010 season hasn't even started yet, but I can't wait for the Jesus Montero era to start in 2011!!!

John Torturella 03-31-2010 07:15 PM

The Yankees look like they are primed for another big year. Mostly everyone is healthy. The starting pitching is deeper than last year. The bullpen is loaded. It would be tough to say that any team in baseball has a better bullpen than the Yankees:

LR-Aceves, Mitre
MR-Marte, Robertson, Park, Logan
SU-Chamberlain
CL- Rivera

ChipAyten 03-31-2010 07:19 PM

What's 'official' about this thread?

nyr2k2 03-31-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipAyten (Post 24850003)
What's 'official' about this thread?

It's the official MLB talk thread on our forum. As in ALL baseball talk goes here.

RangerBlues 03-31-2010 09:38 PM

Lets talk about the wrecking machine in The Bronx

YEAH BABY!

terrrrrible 03-31-2010 09:41 PM

Let the quest for 28 begin!

trueblue9441 03-31-2010 09:56 PM

lets talk about how much of a joke the yankees organization and the city of new york are for not saving a piece of the old stadium. this coming from a yankee fan

RangerBlues 03-31-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 24854479)
lets talk about how much of a joke the yankees organization and the city of new york are for not saving a piece of the old stadium. this coming from a yankee fan

What would you like to save?
The lead paint or the asbestos?

Anything that was worth anything is long gone.
And all the best parts have moved across the street.

Inferno 03-31-2010 10:31 PM

Yanks probably run away with it all again. weve got a better team than last year...possibly a significantly better team. especially with Vazquez in the rotation over Mitre/Gaudin/whoever

Im going with Yankees, and with 109 wins.

FromTheSide 03-31-2010 10:31 PM

Ok am i the only one that just saw a twins player hit his own mom in the stands? Can't belive no one has mentioned this yet.What are the chances :(

trueblue9441 03-31-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBlues (Post 24854610)
What would you like to save?
The lead paint or the asbestos?

Anything that was worth anything is long gone.
And all the best parts have moved across the street.

how about gate 2? which was pulled down today. it was the only gate that was left for the most part untouched during the renovation. there was a campaign to save it, yet it was not saved because the parks department claimed it would be on the ballfields that are planned to replace the stadium. not a word from the yankees or the city, its a disgrace that they would not want to save something from this landmark

Inferno 03-31-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 24855408)
how about gate 2? which was pulled down today. it was the only gate that was left for the most part untouched during the renovation. there was a campaign to save it, yet it was not saved because the parks department claimed it would be on the ballfields that are planned to replace the stadium. not a word from the yankees or the city, its a disgrace that they would not want to save something from this landmark

chill. its a building.

the most important part of it was moved over. Monument park.

White Plains Batman 03-31-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 24855662)
chill. its a building.

the most important part of it was moved over. Monument park.

Didn't they also move over Thurman Munson's locker? That's a must.

trueblue9441 04-01-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 24855662)
chill. its a building.

the most important part of it was moved over. Monument park.

oh come on.. really? that place was more than just a building. any yankee fan will tell you that. the fact that the bat, floating seat clusters and a few pieces of the frieze are the only things being saved is a joke.. gate 2 should have been saved, and shame on the yankees for not stepping up to the plate and doing something about it

DontStepanMe 04-01-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 24856604)
oh come on.. really? that place was more than just a building. any yankee fan will tell you that. the fact that the bat, floating seat clusters and a few pieces of the frieze are the only things being saved is a joke.. gate 2 should have been saved, and shame on the yankees for not stepping up to the plate and doing something about it

i was talking to one of the curators for the Baseball hall of fame, and they said that the Yankees are barely donating anything from Yankee Stadium to there. Instead they are/have put up almost everything in auction to make more money. the curator sounded kinda annoyed by this as the HOF was hoping to get more artifacts from there, especially since they set up a new "ballparks" exhibit.

although the person did say that they were hopeful that the people who did buy the pieces of the stadium will loan some pieces to them, as many collectors do do this.

DontStepanMe 04-01-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 24846676)
Ugh. Not optimistic about this season. Looks like we're a joke again.

Wait till next year! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 24847798)
Yeah, the Metsies have no starting pitching. It's gonna be ugly.

What no faith in Ollie Perez. :naughty:

I honestly think that we will surprise some people, and be in the thick of the Wild Card race, but ultimately end up 3-5 games back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.