HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What if......? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=757519)

Beauty, eh? 03-31-2010 11:50 PM

What if......?
 
Awesome.


AKAY47 03-31-2010 11:56 PM

hahahahahahahaa

Zad 04-01-2010 12:01 AM

I hate that ****. Hate him with a passion difficult to put into words. Hate him because of that stick. Hate him because, on top of that, he is a total *****.

Back on topic, funny video.

SFKingshomer 04-01-2010 12:02 AM

I don't like Sticksorley but it's a pretty ticky tac way to get back into a series that they eventually won. I'll always hate the Habs for that chicken **** move...

Zad 04-01-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFKingshomer (Post 24856581)
I don't like Sticksorley but it's a pretty ticky tac way to get back into a series that they eventually won. I'll always hate the Habs for that chicken **** move...

It has worked out to be a pretty cool curse though, considering no Canadian team has won the Cup since, eh?

Ron 04-01-2010 12:10 AM

I will never, ever forget it.

We were so close to go up 2-0, in their house.

****ing stupid McSorely.

And you are right, it was a chicken-**** move by the Habs. That is why they are "the hated ones."

Ron 04-01-2010 12:11 AM

Forgot this:

**** you, Habs fan. **** you very much.

FrozenKing18 04-01-2010 12:33 AM

Okay i dont want anyone to yell at me but what exactly happened there?

I knew McSorley had an illegal stick and was sent to the penalty box.

How did we lose? Was it the habs Powerplay?

Beauty, eh? 04-01-2010 12:53 AM

Demers called for a stick check with a minute to go, they pulled Roy and had a 2 man advantage. Tied it up on that PP, then won it in OT on Desjardin's hat trick goal from the high slot.

Ron 04-01-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 (Post 24856941)
Okay i dont want anyone to yell at me but what exactly happened there?

I knew McSorley had an illegal stick and was sent to the penalty box.

How did we lose? Was it the habs Powerplay?

Last two minutes of regulation, *******s pull their goaltender, so they have a six on five. *******'s coach decides to have the referee check the stick, of course McSorely the ****ing idiot didn't change it out for the last ten minutes of the game as he usually does, and it is oversized.

Automatic penalty.

Dumb**** goes to the penalty box; *******s have a six-on-four. Of course they score, sending the game to overtime, and of course *******s win in OT.

Changes the whole complexion of the series, in which the *******s win three straight overtime games. Believe it or not.

kingdoughty 04-01-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 24856564)
I hate that ****. Hate him with a passion difficult to put into words. Hate him because of that stick. Hate him because, on top of that, he is a total *****.

Back on topic, funny video.

i met him a while ago and he's a really nice guy...just an idiot

RAZZIE King 04-01-2010 03:04 AM

I'm still ****** at the refs for not calling goalie interference before the PP goal was scored...

kingsfan28 04-01-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAZZIE King (Post 24857858)
I'm still ****** at the refs for not calling goalie interference before the PP goal was scored...

Did it even exist back then?

Melrose should also shoulder some of the blame for not checking the sticks. I'm betting Marty wasn't the only guy using an illegal stick.

kingsfan 04-01-2010 09:48 AM

It was the Stanley Cup finals, you are down 1-0 and trailing late in game two, with game three and four on the road. You can call it chicken crap all you want, that was simply Demers taking advantage of McSorley's brain cramp. If the table was reversed and we had made that call and gone on to win the cup in five games with that penalty being the turning point of the series, I'd still be praising our coach for doing it, and I'm sure not many of us would be calling him a chicken ****.

The only one who did anything wrong was McSorley, blame him. He's the one who deserves it.

Sydor25 04-01-2010 09:55 AM

I blame Canada.

The Tikkanen 04-01-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan28 (Post 24858385)
Did it even exist back then?

Melrose should also shoulder some of the blame for not checking the sticks. I'm betting Marty wasn't the only guy using an illegal stick.

It's been said a lot of players had one stick with an illegal curve in those days. As much blame McSorley deserves-he's a defensemen, the Kings had the lead, he did not need to score a goal so he didn't need the banana curve-Melrose should have known who has an illegal stick. And by who I mean the entire ****ing team. You have to know McSorely uses an illegal stick, you make it clear once you have the lead that NOBODY is to use their euro curves for the rest of the game. And you have to give credit to the Canadians for cheating and measuring all the Kings sticks before the game since they had access. The wave the Kings had been riding all playoffs including Game 1 in Montreal just came to a complete halt after that penalty. I struggle to remember a more crucial penalty in all pro sports that just completely wiped out any momentum the team had leading to 4 sraight losses. Is the illegal curve rule completely gone now or did they alter it? What happened to that stick (should be in HHOF)?

The Tikkanen 04-01-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? (Post 24856412)
Awesome.


And good video by the way. The look on Melrose's face is the same face I've had on watching the Kings play since then. It's worse to get close and lose than to not get there at all, similar to Bartman interfering with that pop fly at Wrigley. Somebody needs to bring a billy goat to Staples during the playoffs to reverse the curse.

DIEHARD the King fan 04-01-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 24856564)
]I hate that ****. Hate him with a passion difficult to put into words. Hate him because of that stick. Hate him because, on top of that, he is a total *****.

Back on topic, funny video.

Thats only the starting point.

DIEHARD the King fan 04-01-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 24860124)
It's been said a lot of players had one stick with an illegal curve in those days. As much blame McSorley deserves-he's a defensemen, the Kings had the lead, he did not need to score a goal so he didn't need the banana curve-Melrose should have known who has an illegal stick. And by who I mean the entire ****ing team. You have to know McSorely uses an illegal stick, you make it clear once you have the lead that NOBODY is to use their euro curves for the rest of the game. And you have to give credit to the Canadians for cheating and measuring all the Kings sticks before the game since they had access. The wave the Kings had been riding all playoffs including Game 1 in Montreal just came to a complete halt after that penalty. I struggle to remember a more crucial penalty in all pro sports that just completely wiped out any momentum the team had leading to 4 sraight losses. Is the illegal curve rule completely gone now or did they alter it? What happened to that stick (should be in HHOF)?


The rumor amongst all Habs fans is that they spotted it in game one and that their trainer did measure all the Kings sticks before game 2, so they knew who had the most illegal curve.


Havent seen it in person, but I believe that stick is at Gretzky's restaurant in Toronto. It rightfully belongs somewhere else, (not the HHOF).
The image I'm thinking of is a McSorley Popsicle

The Black1963 04-01-2010 12:26 PM

I actually went to game 3 of the stanley cup finals back at the forum. I went with 2 friends who weren't kings or hockey fans for that matter. They pretty much sat on their hands the entire game. In fact, the section where I was sitting was relatively calm and quiet...borrrrring. I need to make some new kings hockey friends!

That was the last kings game I've ever attended.

Kurrilino 04-01-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RH63 (Post 24862586)
I actually went to game 3 of the stanley cup finals back at the forum. I went with 2 friends who weren't kings or hockey fans for that matter. They pretty much sat on their hands the entire game. In fact, the section where I was sitting was relatively calm and quiet...borrrrring. I need to make some new kings hockey friends!

That was the last kings game I've ever attended.

Do you realize it's 17 years ago???

JDM 04-01-2010 12:49 PM

That was pretty funny.

The Black1963 04-01-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 24862728)
Do you realize it's 17 years ago???

:) Wow, that's a long time. I never really counted but to hear you say 17 years, makes me wonder...

swede84 04-01-2010 12:56 PM

HAHAHAHA! :handclap:

Brad Doty 04-01-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 24860370)
The rumor amongst all Habs fans is that they spotted it in game one and that their trainer did measure all the Kings sticks before game 2, so they knew who had the most illegal curve.


Havent seen it in person, but I believe that stick is at Gretzky's restaurant in Toronto. It rightfully belongs somewhere else, (not the HHOF).
The image I'm thinking of is a McSorley Popsicle

I remember the special I watched on that...they weren't SUPPOSED to have access, as arena staff were supposed to keep them away, but you know, montreal arena security...can be corrupted. Surprise!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.