HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   News Article: Positive article by Burnside?!?!?!? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=758144)

BigFatCat999 04-02-2010 01:24 PM

Positive article by Burnside?!?!?!?
 
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=5047531

I.....I......I can't quantify this.

Roman Yoshi 04-02-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 24884085)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=5047531

I.....I......I can't quantify this.

I know, http://lgo.mit.edu/blog/drewhill/fil...onceivable.jpg
:amazed::amazed:

Que Sera Sera 04-02-2010 01:42 PM

I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device

Roman Yoshi 04-02-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Oil (Post 24884354)
I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device

The anichrist of southern hockey. Even though he CLAIMS to be a Thrashers fan. I'm admitting anything positive about the Predators is about unluckily as winning the lottery and marrying Jessica Alba.

By the way, did anyone watch Barry Melrose totally screw up? We never played chicago in the playoffs :laugh:

Joe T Choker 04-02-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Oil (Post 24884354)
I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device

to the nth degree

goalscorer 04-02-2010 05:48 PM

Not a bad read. Never heard of the guy before so I don't see what you guys got out of it. Seemed good enough a story to me.

JohniusMaximus 04-02-2010 05:48 PM

This has got to be one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Earthquakes, volcanoes erupting more frequently...a positive Burnside article. Get to a church and get there fast. The end is a comin'.

belle 04-02-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus (Post 24887684)
This has got to be one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Earthquakes, volcanoes erupting more frequently...a positive Burnside article. Get to a church and get there fast. The end is a comin'.

Mark Howard had him on the Wake Up Zone earlier this week. Burnside must have been feeling the (...um...) rotund man's luv.

irisheyes555 04-02-2010 08:49 PM

:sarcasm:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus (Post 24887684)
This has got to be one of the signs of the Apocalypse. Earthquakes, volcanoes erupting more frequently...a positive Burnside article. Get to a church and get there fast. The end is a comin'.

2012 is just around the conrner....

irisheyes555 04-02-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belle (Post 24888896)
Mark Howard had him on the Wake Up Zone earlier this week. Burnside must have been feeling the (...um...) rotund man's luv.

god i was watching the game the other night and in the post-game he had this oversized mic(evidently too make him not look so gi-normass). and all i could think was when he was going to take a bite out of it like some fudge-cicle. this man is quickly going from a body for radio to a body for the guinniess books.:amazed:

golfmade 04-02-2010 10:25 PM

The mullet must be playing with Melrose, when the hell did we ever play the Hawks in the playoffs?

As for the article, it does say it was updated April 1st, so for all we know it's Burnside's idea of a joke.

TMI 04-02-2010 10:31 PM

This is off-topic, but am I the only person who is sick and tired of this damn Hopkins v Jones ad?

golfmade 04-02-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 24893897)
This is off-topic, but am I the only person who is sick and tired of this damn Hopkins v Jones ad?

I don't see no stinkin' ads, just the way I like it.

JohniusMaximus 04-02-2010 10:43 PM

I hate that ad! It keeps dropping down every time I get on here.

Viqsi 04-02-2010 11:18 PM

Become a sponsor and the ads go away. :)


Seriously. I can't afford tickets to games most of the time and I can afford to be a sponsor here. It ain't that hard. ;)

golfmade 04-03-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 24894979)
Become a sponsor and the ads go away. :)


Seriously. I can't afford tickets to games most of the time and I can afford to be a sponsor here. It ain't that hard. ;)

That or use a browser that has nifty additions like a flash blocker, since most internet advertisements are flash.

JohniusMaximus 04-03-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade (Post 24896663)
That or use a browser that has nifty additions like a flash blocker, since most internet advertisements are flash.

Had no idea that was possible. Downloaded one and now I'm flash ad free. Thanks.

And I'd still like to know what kind of blackmail our ownership group found on Burnside. It must be juicy.

Viqsi 04-03-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade (Post 24896663)
That or use a browser that has nifty additions like a flash blocker, since most internet advertisements are flash.

I've got an ad block and flashblock setup with the greatest webbrowser on Earth, but I still pay the sponsorship money. The site's worth it, IMO.


EDIT: It turns out "ad block", if you remove that space, is actually blocked by the site filter. That should tell you something. ;)

Que Sera Sera 04-03-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 24898517)
I've got an ad block and flashblock setup with the greatest webbrowser on Earth, but I still pay the sponsorship money. The site's worth it, IMO.


EDIT: It turns out "ad block", if you remove that space, is actually blocked by the site filter. That should tell you something. ;)

*******
You are correct.

Gnashville 04-03-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Oil (Post 24884354)
I don't know who this guy is. I take it he's usually highly negative?
Posted via Mobile Device

He hates Hockey in Nashville period. His first article about us was how we had to be moved and that hockey in Nashville is the worst thing to ever happen to the NHL. He then assisted Baldsilly (which is his and Buchy's name for him when he was buying Pittsburgh) by writing negative articles about this city. Then even after that ordeal was over, he took several more cheap shots at the local owners and the team. Including a nice barb before the 2008 playoffs about how the Red Wings would have all home games in the series because the only fans in Nashville that would care to show up were Wings fans. He predicted less than 12K attendance for all of the games here. The fact that Mark Howard or anyone here would soil themselves with him, makes me think very little of them or that they are ignorant of Burnsides' agenda.
Just a few of his past cheap shots
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2913775
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2943692
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=3060989

Drake744 04-04-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville (Post 24904722)
He hates Hockey in Nashville period. His first article about us was how we had to be moved and that hockey in Nashville is the worst thing to ever happen to the NHL. He then assisted Baldsilly (which is his and Buchy's name for him when he was buying Pittsburgh) by writing negative articles about this city. Then even after that ordeal was over, he took several more cheap shots at the local owners and the team. Including a nice barb before the 2008 playoffs about how the Red Wings would have all home games in the series because the only fans in Nashville that would care to show up were Wings fans. He predicted less than 12K attendance for all of the games here. The fact that Mark Howard or anyone here would soil themselves with him, makes me think very little of them or that they are ignorant of Burnsides' agenda.
Just a few of his past cheap shots
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=2913775
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2943692
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...ott&id=3060989

Which is made even more ridiculous due to the fact that he is based out of Atlanta.

Gnashville 04-05-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 24929064)
Which is made even more ridiculous due to the fact that he is based out of Atlanta.

He defends Atlanta!!! Saying they only lose around 10 million a year :shakehead The Preds lost 21 million in 7 years (according to Leipold) and were the worst thing in the history of the league and should be moved and anyone preventing the great Bald one from doing what is right is ridiculed but Atlanta losing half that much in one season is OK. Burnside should endorse Summer's Eve's new larger size.


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...upplayoffsblog

Drake744 04-05-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville (Post 24944014)
He defends Atlanta!!! Saying they only lose around 10 million a year :shakehead The Preds lost 21 million in 7 years (according to Leipold) and were the worst thing in the history of the league and should be moved and anyone preventing the great Bald one from doing what is right is ridiculed but Atlanta losing half that much in one season is OK. Burnside should endorse Summer's Eve's new larger size.


http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...upplayoffsblog

It's ridiculous. I don't mean to hate on Atlanta but seriously what do the Thrashers have as a franchise/arena environment/fan base that we don't have that makes us deserve to be treated as inferior? If our metro area had the population Atlanta did, we would sell out our building every freaking night. Burnside is such a homer but he does it conspicuously enough to where people don't really see it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.