HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   TSN: Colby Armstrong Suspended 2 Games For Hit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=758177)

OkayIGiveUp 04-02-2010 03:12 PM

Colby Armstrong Suspended 2 Games For Hit

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=316428

btn 04-02-2010 03:19 PM

Isn't that the same length Ovy got for ending Campbells season?
Posted via Mobile Device

KevFist 04-02-2010 03:23 PM

At least Kane will be back Saturday....

Bergie-Antro-Geno
Little-Pevs-Kane
Mac/Stapleton-Slater-Thor/Stapleton
Boulton-Reasoner-Arty

orangethrasher 04-02-2010 03:27 PM

He should have just been penalized for being an idiot. What was he thinking? Obviously he wasn't going for a real crushing headshot since he just kinda swatted at him a little. Dumb, but not particularly dangerous.

Telfo 04-02-2010 03:34 PM

no worse than Erskine hitting him high in the 1st period. lame suspension

Thrashers94 04-02-2010 03:43 PM

Call up Machacek? I would like to see what he can do up here, could replace Army next season.

Might as well give the young guys a chance, it's obvious we don't care about making the playoffs.

headsigh 04-02-2010 03:49 PM

I like how he didn't get penalized for the actual flying shoulder spinny check/whatever it was, but trying to fight afterwards.

That was hilariously dumb.

Georgia Dawg 04-02-2010 05:36 PM

NHL decides to get tough all of a sudden on a dumb hit. Was it dumb? Yes. Should it had been a penalty? Yes. Should he be suspended for even 1 period? No.

Telfo 04-02-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Dawg (Post 24887556)
NHL decides to get tough all of a sudden on a dumb hit. Was it dumb? Yes. Should it had been a penalty? Yes. Should he be suspended for even 1 period? No.

pretty much this

Jerdn 04-02-2010 08:10 PM

Weak call, I really like Army, even tho he has kinda been a little less helpful this year.

John Cena* 04-03-2010 12:34 AM

Terrible suspension. What's next for the nhl? I mean what's next to help do anything to try and get Ovechkin a cup. I'm surprised Bettman didn't cancel the season and just award his favorite team the cup. Ovechkin is no where no as good as Crosby. Crosby won it legit and Ovechkin is getting help from everyone.

To say this hit was worse than Ovechkin ending Campbells season is just homerism.

Juzmo 04-03-2010 06:56 AM

The punch thingy by Colby was just dumb, but no penalty for it by the refs and a 2 game suspension afterwards is something special. :doh:

fsnoles98 04-03-2010 07:10 AM

Look how the Capital players responded, by doing absolutely nothing!!! Embarassment for a team and displays no heart or physical concept. I am a huge cap fan, but this season has been a huge disappointment in the players not sticking up for each other and their non physical style. This team will see a physical style in the playoffs and will ot fare well, trust me seen this before as a caps fan. All lust and no guts, BB style.

Boognish 04-03-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsnoles98 (Post 24897818)
Look how the Capital players responded, by doing absolutely nothing!!!

You mean besides Shoane Morrissonn?

Juzmo 04-04-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boognish (Post 24912017)
You mean besides Shoane Morrissonn?

Hugging doesn't count.

Boognish 04-04-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeirdoNamedJuzmo (Post 24917683)
Hugging doesn't count.

Right, so he shoulda broken his stick across Armstrongs knee for a sloppy check. I bet that would have helped the team a lot.

Zsswimmer 04-04-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boognish (Post 24917926)
Right, so he shoulda broken his stick across Armstrongs knee for a sloppy check. I bet that would have helped the team a lot.

Or he could've, you know, fought him. Armstrong isn't exactly Rocky here. Instead he looked like he was gonna kiss Armstrong, when Armstrong was dropping the gloves.

Boognish 04-05-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsswimmer (Post 24918839)
Or he could've, you know, fought him. Armstrong isn't exactly Rocky here. Instead he looked like he was gonna kiss Armstrong, when Armstrong was dropping the gloves.

It was a messy check to a rookie, not a slew foot to Ovechkin. This isn't XBOX, guy don't just drop the gloves anytime someone gets an open ice hit.

And Morrisonn sure doesn't go with a lightweight nobody like Armstrong in a close game at home. One lucky punch gets Atlanta some emotion and maybe a quick goal. More to lose than gain.

Zsswimmer 04-05-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boognish (Post 24937921)
It was a messy check to a rookie, not a slew foot to Ovechkin. This isn't XBOX, guy don't just drop the gloves anytime someone gets an open ice hit.

And Morrisonn sure doesn't go with a lightweight nobody like Armstrong in a close game at home. One lucky punch gets Atlanta some emotion and maybe a quick goal. More to lose than gain.

Actually players fight a lot after an open ice hit, people and announcers always complain about it, I remember with the Thrashers that Thorburn fought Erskine because a clean hit. You shouldn't worry about that 'emotion' crap when sticking up for a teammate, in fact sticking up for a team mate can give your team some emotion. Washington is leading the Eastern conference by almost 20 points, I don't think that's really an issue. We can agree to disagree on this one.

Jack Herer 04-06-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 24896274)
Terrible suspension. What's next for the nhl? I mean what's next to help do anything to try and get Ovechkin a cup. I'm surprised Bettman didn't cancel the season and just award his favorite team the cup. Ovechkin is no where no as good as Crosby. Crosby won it legit and Ovechkin is getting help from everyone.

To say this hit was worse than Ovechkin ending Campbells season is just homerism.

I'm sorry, I just have to post.

What? Bettman's favorite team is Washington? Ovechkin is getting help from everyone?

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.