HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Mike Duco and Clay Wilson called up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=758344)

keithLGA 04-02-2010 10:59 PM

Mike Duco and Clay Wilson called up

Packed their bags after the Amerks game on Friday night. It's sort of amazing it's taken this long for Wilson to get a callup. He's a small defenseman but he can move the puck very well.

handbanana 04-02-2010 11:08 PM

Nice to hear, it's great to see Duco coming back up. And looking forward to seeing Wilson play.

Laus723 04-03-2010 01:09 AM

Wonder who sits, or is someone else injured? Think we'll see Avery and Duco drop em this time? :laugh:

Erick 04-03-2010 01:48 AM

Duco is replacing MacIntyre, who was sent back down to Rochester.

Laus723 04-03-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 24896843)
Duco is replacing MacIntyre, who was sent back down to Rochester.

:shakehead Stupid. Play the freaking guy! He's one of the top fighters in the League and DeBoer flat out refuses to use him. What do you have to lose? :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Erick 04-03-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 24896950)
:shakehead Stupid. Play the freaking guy! He's one of the top fighters in the League and DeBoer flat out refuses to use him. What do you have to lose? :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

It'd be even dumber (a lot dumber) if Clay Wilson is coming up to replace Ellerby. I haven't seen anything on that, though.

RainingRats 04-03-2010 03:01 AM

Hopefully Wilson gets some playing time. Knowing Debeor he'll only get three minutes.

Boooooth10 04-03-2010 08:36 AM

Nice. Duco and Avery... Round 2! :laugh:

harv3317 04-03-2010 09:29 AM

deboer is starting to piss me off!! i am confused about his decision making. wtf let mac play just for the excitement factor!!! many questionable decision in my mind!

zeroG 04-03-2010 09:47 AM

allen left the Bs game the other night. the bruins' announcers said he went off the ice and straight down the tunnel holding his arm in a funny manner after a scrum along the boards.

maybe i've totally missed talk of that here but if it flew beneath the radar, that could be an explanation for this callup.

as far as playing guys is concerned, i'm guessing they just want to see a bit more duco before the season ends. mac seems to have represented himself reasonably well of late.

keithLGA 04-03-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 24897057)
It'd be even dumber (a lot dumber) if Clay Wilson is coming up to replace Ellerby. I haven't seen anything on that, though.

Wilson is better than Ellerby. Down the road Ellerby should be an NHL player but right now Wilson is MUCH better.

The Panthers have half the defensemen the Amerks will have in the playoffs with Wilson, Garrison and Ellerby.

Markstrom Rules 04-03-2010 10:41 AM

Mac was just recalled again last night, so maybe Oreskovich is out and Campbell still can't come back, or they are just being safe just in case. Allen being out may make sense for Wilson being called up. They better not be scratching Ellerby.

Avery is out with injury BTW.

Montsy14 04-03-2010 12:01 PM

Good to see Wilson called up. He's been pretty solid in the A this year. Great stats for a defenceman.

Great8Cam 04-03-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroG (Post 24898762)
allen left the Bs game the other night. the bruins' announcers said he went off the ice and straight down the tunnel holding his arm in a funny manner after a scrum along the boards.

maybe i've totally missed talk of that here but if it flew beneath the radar, that could be an explanation for this callup.

as far as playing guys is concerned, i'm guessing they just want to see a bit more duco before the season ends. mac seems to have represented himself reasonably well of late.

It was his ribs.

I ripped the cartilage off a few of my ribs in a game a few years back and the only way to help the pain was to keep my arm tucked up against them in a weird looking way. Everyone thought that I had broken my wrist because I used the other hand to squeeze the ribs by pulling that arm in tight. It kills you when you breathe.

Great8Cam 04-03-2010 04:47 PM

Sentinnel has the Booth update that I knew about two days ago (sorry guys I didn't have time to tell you). This one is not that serious so he should have a much faster recovery.

Mogo 04-04-2010 06:05 AM

Liked the few Wilson on the few shifts he had. Although hard to say anything with so limited ice time. At least he attacks :)

Laus723 04-04-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogo (Post 24917584)
Liked the few Wilson on the few shifts he had. Although hard to say anything with so limited ice time. At least he attacks :)

He had almost 12 minutes, Ellerby had less than 5.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...0/TH021170.HTM

Boooooth10 04-04-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great8Cam (Post 24906136)
Sentinnel has the Booth update that I knew about two days ago (sorry guys I didn't have time to tell you). This one is not that serious so he should have a much faster recovery.

Good news :)

Mogo 04-04-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 24917710)
He had almost 12 minutes, Ellerby had less than 5.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...0/TH021170.HTM

Yes, I should made it more clear. Had he be given PP time. Supposed to be a QB. I don't understand PD our PP stinks you'd think he'd try something new. Related to PP I just don't get it why Horton play's right point on the PP with the right handed shot.

keithLGA 04-04-2010 12:30 PM

That's one thing that does not make sesne with this organization (or maybe just the coach). When a player is called up they're put in different roles with different expectations. Wilson is a pp qb and does a great job at it, why not give him a shot? Its not like there's anything to lose. Another example, Taffe is on a scoring line in Rochester but expected to play a checking role in Florida.

I only mention the Sabres because its the only other NHL team I really pay attention to but when they call up a player they have them play the same way and it pays off.

zeroG 04-04-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithLGA (Post 24920981)
That's one thing that does not make sesne with this organization (or maybe just the coach). When a player is called up they're put in different roles with different expectations. Wilson is a pp qb and does a great job at it, why not give him a shot? Its not like there's anything to lose. Another example, Taffe is on a scoring line in Rochester but expected to play a checking role in Florida.

I only mention the Sabres because its the only other NHL team I really pay attention to but when they call up a player they have them play the same way and it pays off.

good point. i would love to hear pete/randy speak to that question (GR, you listening?)

Markstrom Rules 04-04-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithLGA (Post 24920981)

Well, sorry but Matthias a better player than Taffe. I know his track record in the AHL and it's impressive, and it's tough for Groulx not to use Johnson and Taffe and even Taylor ahead of Matthias. But that's just how I feel. Matthias has looked very good for us the last couple months. He's definitely a top 9 center in the NHL, and in the future could even become a 2nd line center. Taffe meanwhile has not even been able to stick in the NHL up to this point. I have no problem with Taffe playing where he is. It was just a tough situation w/ Matthias in Roch., I admit that, and his performance last season didn't help matters. That's why I think it's imperative he sticks with the Panthers from here on out. I think he's earned an NHL job.