HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   NHL Team Socks at pickup/ stick time. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=758394)

Clarkington III 04-03-2010 03:37 AM

NHL Team Socks at pickup/ stick time.

When you see this, do you think,

Oh that person must be a fan of so and so.

Wow, that's dumb.

Nothing.

Just curious because I was thinking of picking up a pair of sharks' ones just to display my affiliation. Like gang colors, but without the gang.

cptjeff 04-03-2010 04:14 AM

Absolutely nothing. Socks and jerseys come in NHL team templates so beer league teams can have decent looking sets without making custom orders.

Since team sets typically use NHL templates, if anything people will think 'oh, his team uses san Jose jerseys'. And it's doubtful people will even give it that much thought.

vwg* 04-03-2010 07:50 AM

I wear them just because they look better than solid color socks. Right now in my bag I have the old Sens home socks and Blackhawks current away socks and I don't really like either team, just the socks. At pick up the guys dont give a **** what you wear unless you're one of those guys who wears mirrored visors or other stupid crap like that.

DevilsFan38 04-03-2010 08:01 AM

No one will care.

Steelhead16 04-03-2010 09:52 AM

I don't care what I wear let alone what anyone else wears.

noobman 04-03-2010 10:01 AM

They're templates. Most rec teams use NHL style templates. It's no big deal. My the pre-lockout Maple Leaf socks, just b/c that's what I got from my last hockey team.

I start to think "what a goofball" when I see a player come out wearing an NHL player jersey.

naturalnumbas 04-03-2010 10:07 AM

At my LHS the only socks they sell come in NHL team colours.

As a result I have pairs of dark old-school caps (non-red) socks, blue leafs socks, white ducks style...

To be honest I dunno if anybody even notices what team my socks are based off of, I rarely notice other people unless their socks are like pink or fluorescent. Even if they did nobody would care.

Socks are socks.

jbroski15 04-03-2010 11:10 AM

I use San Jose socks every time I'm on the ice and I'm not even a fan. I just wear them because they are the only socks that I could find at my house. I don't think that anyone cares that I wear them so it shouldn't be a big deal for you.

SouthpawTRK 04-03-2010 11:15 AM

I don't think about it twice when I see other players wearing NHL team colored socks. I figure that you should wear what you want to wear on the ice. When I go to stick and puck sessions, I will usually wear Sharks colored socks to show my loyalties.

Webernaut 04-03-2010 11:18 AM

Who...

..........cares?

Hockeyfan68 04-03-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsFan38 (Post 24898041)
No one will care.

Yep .... I don't either and this comes from a guy who wears roller hockey pants, ALBEIT PLAIN BLACK WITH NOTHING FANCY ON 'EM when playing ice hockey. W-H-O-C-A-R-E-S.

When I do wear socks and my regular pants I wear the white with blue T.O., San Jose Sharks teal or older white red and black Blackhawks. My team are the bruins so this made me think why I have NO Bruins socks.

I don't have an answer.

Pog Form 04-03-2010 06:44 PM

My current team has two sets. One is solid black, the other is solid grey.

Playing pickup, I have a bunch of random socks from old teams I've played on. I have Rangers white socks, Leafs blue socks, Sharks teal socks, Senators white socks, Red Wings red socks. I just wear whatever, really. No big deal.

OprtnShtdwn 04-04-2010 11:20 PM

Yea man.... nobody really cares what nhl socks you wear. As long as your not out there in a pair of pink ones or such.

I usually wear Columbus home socks because I wear navy blue pants, i try to keep the same colors in the pants.

gintonic 04-05-2010 12:08 PM

I can guarantee you that unless you are wearing bright lime green or hot pink socks no one will give a hoot what socks you're wearing.

noobman 04-05-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gintonic (Post 24938545)
I can guarantee you that unless you are wearing bright lime green or hot pink socks no one will give a hoot what socks you're wearing.

Where can I get said hot pink socks?

Call me crazy, but I love being chirped... it gets me fired up, and I always seem to play better :laugh:

TBLfan 04-05-2010 12:20 PM

Nearly everyone on the ice at any given time is wearing some team's socks... If they aren't then they are wearing solid color socks or roller hockey pants.

Pog Form 04-05-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobman (Post 24938707)
Where can I get said hot pink socks?

Call me crazy, but I love being chirped... it gets me fired up, and I always seem to play better :laugh:

If you're serious, check out http://bigstick.ca/. Custom jersey makers based in Toronto.

Jarick 04-05-2010 01:08 PM

Non-issue.

One guy I play with has a full set of Pens gear (no logos or names/numbers), and I call him Crosby, but it's just because he's a friend and teammate and I like to give them crap. So if they match, maybe that's a bit weird, but still, who cares?

blueberrydanish 04-05-2010 02:03 PM

Just watch out what side of town you are on...in duckville you might get jumped sportin those colors gang affiliation or not!

macgyverthatshiz 04-05-2010 10:11 PM

I rock a Kings uncrested jersey, Toronto white socks, and a gold CCM 892 helmet. No one says anything, if they do, it is always in good fun!

tarheelhockey 04-06-2010 09:06 AM

I will silently judge you.

Jumbo* 04-06-2010 09:09 AM

Your going to wear Shark color socks to a pickup?

...keep your head up kid..

jagged 04-06-2010 09:20 AM

I don't think it's that big a deal... so I would think nothing of it... what really irks me is if someone who can barely skate is wearing top end gear from head to toe...

socks are socks... doesn't matter what colours they are:)

backhander 04-07-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OprtnShtdwn (Post 24931871)
Yea man.... nobody really cares what nhl socks you wear. As long as your not out there in a pair of pink ones or such.

I usually wear Columbus home socks because I wear navy blue pants, i try to keep the same colors in the pants.

good call on the pink. i'll tell this guy at the rink to put them away :sarcasm:

UMD05 04-09-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splitbtw (Post 24897335)
When you see this, do you think,

Oh that person must be a fan of so and so.

Wow, that's dumb.

Nothing.

Just curious because I was thinking of picking up a pair of sharks' ones just to display my affiliation. Like gang colors, but without the gang.

I'd probably do the following in this order:

1. Think you're a tool.
2. Skate up and ask how long you've been playing
3. Challenge you to a skillz competition
4. Find something I do better than you and never let you hear the end of it

Or I'd think nothing of it because I'm Minnesotan and don't concern myself with such trivial things...