HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   "The next..."-Comparing our prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=75871)

Sunshine 05-04-2004 05:48 PM

"The next..."-Comparing our prospects

The idea of this is to get a good feel of what type of game our prospects have.
Understand that comparing Josef Balej to Jere Lehtinen does NOT mean he will be a clone (although we can hope so)-what it does mean is that Balej has similar(positive) characteristics/upside that may allow him to fill that type of potential.

Please respond to this thread with any prospects that you can "compare" whether it be through your own eyes (AHL games), reading scouting reports, watching tape, etc.

I'll start the list:

Hugh Jessiman-->Brendan Shanahan
Jozef Balej-->Jere Lehtinen
Garth Murray-->Darren McCarty/Bobby Holik
Nigel Dawes-->Jarome Iginla in Theo Fleury's body
David Liffiton-->Jeff Beukeboom
Lee Falardeau-->Joel Otto

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine
The idea of this is to get a good feel of what type of game our prospects have.
Understand that comparing Josef Balej to Jere Lehtinen does NOT mean he will be a clone (although we can hope so)-what it does mean is that Balej has similar(positive) characteristics/upside that may allow him to fill that type of potential.

Please respond to this thread with any prospects that you can "compare" whether it be through your own eyes (AHL games), reading scouting reports, watching tape, etc.

I'll start the list:

Hugh Jessiman-->Brendan Shanahan
Jozef Balej-->Jere Lehtinen
Garth Murray-->Darren McCarty/Bobby Holik
Nigel Dawes-->Jarome Iginla in Theo Fleury's body
David Liffiton-->Jeff Beukeboom
Lee Falardeau-->Joel Otto

how can u compare shanahan to jessiman jessiman hasent even played in the ahl yet, balej to lehtinine he is one of the best defensive offenseman in the gam e thats no comparison either... balej to maybe patrick elias or samsonov, garth murray yes mccatry good comparison as i mentioned that comparison months ago, nigel dawes verymuch doubt that also, liffiton dont know much about so i dont know what u know about him, and ott is in his second year how are u gonna make comparisons its like u just took names of people and placed them near other names not one comparisoin beside garth murray works.. sorry

Rangers_23 05-04-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
...and ott is in his second year how are u gonna make comparisons...

I believe he meant Joel Otto, not Steve Ott. ;)

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers_23
I believe he meant Joel Otto, not Steve Ott. ;)

oops i read it wrong to quickly i saw the o and 2 tt's. sorry

Burberry Manning 05-04-2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

how can u compare shanahan to jessiman jessiman hasent even played in the ahl yet, balej to lehtinine he is one of the best defensive offenseman in the gam e thats no comparison either... balej to maybe patrick elias or samsonov, garth murray yes mccatry good comparison as i mentioned that comparison months ago, nigel dawes verymuch doubt that also, liffiton dont know much about so i dont know what u know about him, and ott is in his second year how are u gonna make comparisons its like u just took names of people and placed them near other names not one comparisoin beside garth murray works.. sorry

Did you actually read what he wrote in the first post? I thought you would have been embarrassed enough from the results of your last post ripping Jessiman but I guess not. First off, Sunshine clearly stated that he was making comparisons based on potential upside/style of play. Jessiman's potential upside and style of play is that of a top line power forward, I.E Brendan Shanahan. Where did Leclair get his start? Oh thats right COLLEGE. He isnt saying that Hugh will get to that level, but he is saying that he has the potential to. Oh an yea, it is really unfair and premature to compare Balej to Lehtinen but it isn't at all premature to compare him to a 30+ goal scorer like Elias. If that isn't enough, you lose ALL credibility in not recognizing JOEL OTTO, but instead just substituting him with Steve Ott. That's like me saying he is an idiot for comparing Garth Murray to Sandy McCarthy.

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleeding blue
Did you actually read what he wrote in the first post? I thought you would have been embarrassed enough from the results of your last post ripping Jessiman but I guess not. First off, Sunshine clearly stated that he was making comparisons based on potential upside/style of play. Jessiman's potential upside and style of play is that of a top line power forward, I.E Brendan Shanahan. Where did Leclair get his start? Oh thats right COLLEGE. He isnt saying that Hugh will get to that level, but he is saying that he has the potential to. Oh an yea, it is really unfair and premature to compare Balej to Lehtinen but it isn't at all premature to compare him to a 30+ goal scorer like Elias. If that isn't enough, you lose ALL credibility in not recognizing JOEL OTTO, but instead just substituting him with Steve Ott. That's like me saying he is an idiot for comparing Garth Murray to Sandy McCarthy.

ok relax dude are u related to jessiman than why are u so offended its only a comment,is jessiman your boyfriend???? she made comparisons that make no sense i can say nigel dawes is the next wayne gretzky, or l;add is the next tkachuk just because they habve a good upsside dont be dumb man., all she was doing was putting names near other names no comparisons and how can u also compare people when there is no proof to what they are gonna be let alone seen them play just cauise he was a 1st round means he is gonna be great.. wake up man... getting all jumpy and ofensive .then who would u compare balej to , let me see what comparison you are gonna make ,elias is the closest balej wont be a bondra but got a better upside than dvorak so in the middle would be balej closest to elais . my point has been proven.

rnyquist 05-04-2004 07:05 PM

Lundqvist- Nabokov.
Balej- Satan
Jessimen- Bertuzzi
Falaradeau- Otto
Liffiton- Beukeboom
Baranka- TJutin
Pock- Redden

Not saying this is where they WILL end up but based on style and potential and personal opinion

Sunshine 05-04-2004 07:12 PM

"Bleeding Blue"-I appreciate your jumping to my protection.

When I read "Jay"? 's response, I laughed.

Unfortunately, sports carries a fair amount of fans that I will call "low caliber people"-lack of intelligence/upbringing/education/physical and mental gifts, etc etc--These people are genuinely bored and looking to pick a fight through a computer-because in person, these characters are at the bottom of society.
Through a computer screen, they can try to be everything that they are not in reality.

Fortunately, this bored seems to have some fantastic people that are knowledgable, intelligent, informed, and polite. (i.e. bleeding blue)

Bluenote13 05-04-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately, sports carries a fair amount of fans that I will call "low caliber people"-lack of intelligence/upbringing/education/physical and mental gifts, etc etc--These people are genuinely bored and looking to pick a fight through a computer-because in person, these characters are at the bottom of society.
Through a computer screen, they can try to be everything that they are not in reality.

Fortunately, this bored seems to have some fantastic people that are knowledgable, intelligent, informed, and polite. (i.e. bleeding blue)

:yo:

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

pick a fight i thought i was just stating an opinion, that u made no good comparison . so what u wrote above is completly out of need. buit if it makes u feel good about yourself then more power to u.

Broadway Brett 05-04-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

pick a fight i thought i was just stating an opinion, that u made no good comparison . so what u wrote above is completly out of need. buit if it makes u feel good about yourself then more power to u.

Jay, are different opinions alowwed on this board anymore? :dunno: Do we all have to agree with each other? :dunno:

Bluenote13 05-04-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
Jay, are different opinions alowwed on this board anymore? :dunno: Do we all have to agree with each other? :dunno:

Stop talking to yourself Jay. It's not hard to figure out you are both Broadway Crosby & Jay.

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

hmmmm... i think we all have to agree with each other . but, brett im not going to so to bad for them... :yo: :yo: :yo:

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Stop talking to yourself Jay. It's not hard to figure out you are both Broadway Crosby & Jay.

ok, lol.

in the hall 05-04-2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

all you do is question everyone yet you never comprehend everything

of course all these comparisons are ridiculous, but these are them at their max potential which was the entire point of the post

you don't see people comparing prospects to busts

Bluenote13 05-04-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall

of course all these comparisons are ridiculous, but these are them at their max potential which was the entire point of the post

Forget that guy it's a waste of time. All he's done today is pick fights.
He'll be banned or he'll go away soon.

Broadway Brett 05-04-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13

Lol, if you check who is on at a certain time, when me and Jay are on at the same time, you will see that it will say "Broadway Crosby" and "Jay 'n Skeeta" on at the same time. It will be on at the top of the NYR board, if we are there, it will say so. And we are not the same people, I just happen to agree w/ Jay most of the time.

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall

ok understandable, i just see thing a bit different alot of people on here think they are gm's and scouts. its just wierd to hear people say "we" when they reply to NYR, i never say we i say nyr ,they dont care for me and i dont care for them. so these popel have to chill.

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Lol, if you check who is on at a certain time, when me and Jay are on at the same time, you will see that it will say "Broadway Crosby" and "Jay 'n Skeeta" on at the same time. It will be on at the top of the NYR board, if we are there, it will say so. And we are not the same people, I just happen to agree w/ Jay most of the time.

its called ignorance ,thank you, crosby, people are not to swift these days ( blue note)

Broadway Brett 05-04-2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

its called ignorance ,thank you, crosby, people are not to swift these days ( blue note)

LOL, I'm usually one of the ignorant one's, I feel smart! :jump:

dumpsathernow* 05-04-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

LOL, I'm usually one of the ignorant one's, I feel smart! :jump:

good to feel smart once in a while , seem to be far from ignorant, speak your word man, say wat u feel :)

Broadway Brett 05-04-2004 08:33 PM

I meant I miss alot of the obvious things around... LOL

Rangers_23 05-04-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

...its just wierd to hear people say "we" when they reply to NYR, i never say we i say nyr...

Actually it isn't weird or uncommon whatsoever. Ever here of a concept called BIRGing? Basking In Reflected Glory is a common trait for highly identified sports fans to exhibit. So using "we" when referring to your favorite team isn't weird at all, it shows how much you care or identify with that team. :)

Broadway Brett 05-05-2004 04:23 PM

What glory do the Rangers have, again?

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-05-2004 04:37 PM

1. Fedor Tjutin, D - Sergei Gonchar
2. Hugh Jessiman, RW - Todd Bertuzzi
3. Garth Murray, C - Darren McCarty
4. Jozef Balej, RW - Miro Satan
5. Henrik Lundqvist, G - Evgeni Nabokov
6. Dominic Moore, C - Yanick Perrault
7. Bryce Lampman, D - Keith Carney
8. Lee Falardeau, C - Brian Skrudland
9. Ivan Baranka, D - Vitali Vishnevski