HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Gormley "Locker room discord" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=758836)

jb** 04-04-2010 10:49 AM

Gormley "Locker room discord"
 
MOD EDIT:

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...ORTS04/4040380

Quote:

The Flyers, on the other hand, have become the team everyone wants to face in the first round of the playoffs. Their goaltending is in shambles. Their goal scorers are as dry as the Atacama Desert. And there appears to be a locker room discord no one has bothered to repair.

First, let's examine the goaltending.

Since his arrival, Brian Boucher has been knocked down more times than former bantamweight boxer Danny Sullivan, who earned a spot the Guiness Book of World Records by hitting the canvas 14 times in a 1950 fight.

Under John Stevens, Boucher started just one of the Flyers' first 17 games and didn't win his first game until Nov. 18. Peter Laviolette was just as leery to turn to the 33-year-old veteran, giving him just one start between Dec. 23 and March 3.
What a little weasle Richards has turned out to be, i cant belive he really said this, a true leader. starting to really dislike this guy, maybe they keep carter(his overall game a ha simporved a lot under lavi imo) and ditch richie. Nice calculated move by Pronger as well lol.

FlyHigh 04-04-2010 10:50 AM

Page can't be found.

And can all the Richards bashers just go cry in their own thread or something with Carchidi and Gormley. It's ridiculous that people on this board can't see the media's agenda against him.

HoverCarle* 04-04-2010 10:51 AM

huh? All he said was "I'm not going first"

jb** 04-04-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 24919380)
huh? All he said was "I'm not going first"

exactly. He is the damn Captain, who is expected to go first? That is a joke of a response. Stand up and take the heat. You have been part of the problem and been ducking all year long while others have not.This is supposed to be your team. I corrected the link as well.

Scoopyten 04-04-2010 10:55 AM

I wouldn't care if Richards whipped his junk out and peed on the media. Talking to those morons-Carchidi and Gormley-is probably more painful than reading them.

CS 04-04-2010 10:55 AM

More Philly media playing a civil war between Richards and Pronger probably in part to get back at his little shot at the Philly media as well as to get people to buy into the hype. Hype means website hits means money.

jb** 04-04-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh (Post 24919365)
Page can't be found.

And can all the Richards bashers just go cry in their own thread or something with Carchidi and Gormley. It's ridiculous that people on this board can't see the media's agenda against him.

Its amazing some fans are so blind. What did the media do in this instance chief? an agenda against him lol. If they did he would have been rode out of town already. He is an immature pseudo leader rigth now. The link is working

FlyHigh 04-04-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 24919341)
http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...-epic-collapse

What a little weasle Richards has turned out to be, i cant belive he really said this, a true leader. starting to really dislike this guy, maybe they keep carter(his overall game a ha simporved a lot under lavi imo) and ditch richie. Nice calculated move by Pronger as well lol.

Just read the article, what a ****ing retarded comment.

I laid this out in the other thread.

- Richie isn't talkative.
- Media takes an issue with this and starts bashing him with articles like "Captain Whine Complains About Media" (actual title of a Carchidi blog post).
- Richie continues to not be talkative.
- Media continues bashing him for this.

They know that enough Philadelphia fans are retarded enough to buy their piece of **** opinions, so they can get away with it.

Richie will most likely get run out of town by these guys and we'll enter a nice spell of mediocrity without any young players or young leaders because the media is intent on demonizing those guys who don't fawn over the media.

Congratulations on agreeing with 2 of the biggest retarded *******s in Philadelphia sports media.

****ing ridiculous, maybe get a ****ing goalie and see how this team does.

RIPRichardsCarter 04-04-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 24919341)
MOD EDIT:

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...ORTS04/4040380





What a little weasle Richards has turned out to be, i cant belive he really said this, a true leader. starting to really dislike this guy, maybe they keep carter(his overall game a ha simporved a lot under lavi imo) and ditch richie. Nice calculated move by Pronger as well lol.

Oh come on, because he didn't want to do an interview first you want him shipped out? I think it's pretty obvious that Richards is upset about this year as a whole. His tussles with the media, the teams inconsistent play, him getting called out as captain, his inconsistency...You can tell it's getting to him. I think a fresh start next year will be REALLY nice for Richie and the boys.

KimiFerrari 04-04-2010 10:58 AM

Detroit should also get rid of Datsyuk and Zetterberg because they were playing pretty crappy early this season....

jb** 04-04-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 24919427)
More Philly media playing a civil war between Richards and Pronger probably in part to get back at his little shot at the Philly media as well as to get people to buy into the hype. Hype means website hits means money.

How so? Pronger left they went to talk to the captain. He said like a baby i am not going first. How is the media a problem there?

MiamiScreamingEagles 04-04-2010 10:59 AM

The team that the Hockey News predicted to win the Stanley Cup, back in the summer, isn't the team that has been on ice the last few days, weeks and even months. As I generally say, preseason hockey picks are meaningless. No one can predict trades, injuries, etc.

jb** 04-04-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker912 (Post 24919459)
Oh come on, because he didn't want to do an interview first you want him shipped out? I think it's pretty obvious that Richards is upset about this year as a whole. His tussles with the media, the teams inconsistent play, him getting called out as captain, his inconsistency...You can tell it's getting to him. I think a fresh start next year will be REALLY nice for Richie and the boys.

yeah, every year a fresh start is supposed to be really nice for the boys. The apologist out in full force this morning.

CS 04-04-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 24919465)
How so? Pronger left they went to talk to the captain. He said like a baby i am not going first. How is the media a problem there?

What makes you think he said it "like a baby."

I'm a journalist. Trust me. You're getting ****ed with.

RIPRichardsCarter 04-04-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh (Post 24919452)
Just read the article, what a ****ing retarded comment.

I laid this out in the other thread.

- Richie isn't talkative.
- Media takes an issue with this and starts bashing him with articles like "Captain Whine Complains About Media" (actual title of a Carchidi blog post).
- Richie continues to not be talkative.
- Media continues bashing him for this.

They know that enough Philadelphia fans are retarded enough to buy their piece of **** opinions, so they can get away with it.

Richie will most likely get run out of town by these guys and we'll enter a nice spell of mediocrity without any young players or young leaders because the media is intent on demonizing those guys who don't fawn over the media.

Congratulations on agreeing with 2 of the biggest retarded *******s in Philadelphia sports media.

****ing ridiculous, maybe get a ****ing goalie and see how this team does.

Completely agree. Flyers media try to get readers by making articles more interesting than they need to be. It simply breaks down our guys. I wish we had a good, knowledgeable, and respectful set of Flyers media.

FlyHigh 04-04-2010 11:00 AM

The guy plays through last season with serious shoulder problems, puts up 80 points, is one of the (very few) Flyers to show up every night this year and he still can't win.

People criticizing him can go **** themselves and that comes from the heart.

RangerBoy 04-04-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

There is something foul in Philadelphia far beyond the goaltending fiasco that has become the focal point of the NHL's most disappointing team.

We're not there on a day-to-day basis, so we can't claim first-hand knowledge, but when two league GMs were asked what they perceived to be the problem, neither hesitated.

"Pronger," each said, referring to Chris Pronger, the defenseman who has a reputation for splitting locker rooms as well as heads.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...Vq92kFkpEFVBMI

jb** 04-04-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 24919493)
What makes you think he said it "like a baby."

I'm a journalist. Trust me. You're getting ****ed with.

well when someone says i am not going first that is a littlel childesh no? Again he is the dman so called leader. Step up. How am i getting toyed with? Unless i read later richards never said that then it is pretty cut and dry to me.

2Claude2Giroux 04-04-2010 11:01 AM

TC is probably the same sort of guy who wanted Cole Hamels gone after last year.

CS 04-04-2010 11:02 AM

Look, NWO, I recommend you read Anthony SanFilippo and not this stuff. He has articles expressly commenting on how his peers deal with the Richards' scenario. We are not making this up. The Philly media is needlessly creating this dramatic air around Richards whether out of self-righteousness or making money.

FlyHigh 04-04-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 24919510)

That's very interesting.

If we're a winning team, we don't have many problems IMO because winning fixes almost everything, but it at least raises some questions.

RIPRichardsCarter 04-04-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 24919524)
well when someone says i am not going first that is a littlel childesh no? Again he is the dman so called leader. Step up. How am i getting toyed with? Unless i read later richards never said that then it is pretty cut and dry to me.

You're clearly the type of reader they are looking to entertain. Journalists write articles in a certain tone to give a perspective on what they are writing about. Clearly it worked on you. This article was made to stir up controversy/talk and it worked.

RIPRichardsCarter 04-04-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 24919510)

In all honesty I think Pronger is right here though. I love Richards, I mean like man crush love, but Pronger is the one doing the right thing IMO. He knows how to win a Cup and wants to impression it on these young guys in our locker room, but it seems like he can't get across to them. It seems like it's really frustrating him and it's also frustrating Richie and all the young guys who lead the team before Pronger came.

jb** 04-04-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker912 (Post 24919550)
You're clearly the type of reader they are looking to entertain. Journalists write articles in a certain tone to give a perspective on what they are writing about. Clearly it worked on you. This article was made to stir up controversy/talk and it worked.

if you say so. Sorry it bothers me when i see a captain of the team i follow say such a silly comment. If he doesnt want to talk then tell them to piss off. Dont say i am not going first. Thats BS coming from a supposed leader. Sorry not buying any media agenda inthis instance. That is a cope out as well

CS 04-04-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh (Post 24919547)
That's very interesting.

If we're a winning team, we don't have many problems IMO because winning fixes almost everything, but it at least raises some questions.

I wouldn't buy that either. I think the locker room dramatics were there in some form, but nothing extreme or serious. Things like Cote's divorce and Hartnell's problems come to mind. Those kinds of things are going to be there for every team every season in some form or another.

What this is all a sign of, is people not knowing who/what to blame for the team being this way.

It's the same theory from ancient civilizations: "We don't know what that big fiery ball in the sky that brings us light is, so we'll call it god because it's not tangible."

The problems on this team are very tangible. The Flyers need a steady goalie that they are confident in, are comfortable with, and can call their own. The records for Boucher and every other goalie that played here this season are such a stark indication of that fact that it's scary.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.