HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Fire up the bandwagon, it's 19 straight! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=758925)

YzermanWings19 04-04-2010 04:24 PM

Fire up the bandwagon, it's 19 straight!

Calgary's loss to the Chicago Blackhawks means, that's right..... For the 19th straight season, the Detroit Red Wings are playing in the playoffs.

Let's get it! :handclap::yo:

Birko19 04-04-2010 04:27 PM

Yea now that we're in, it doesn't matter who we play, I say try to win your games obviously but I would rest some of the guys for a game or two.

Roy S 04-04-2010 04:36 PM

Never a doubt. We'll see what happens in the playoffs, but I wouldn't count us out if we get some bounces along the way and if we stay healthy.

nik jr 04-04-2010 04:46 PM

very good news

now they have a chance to win it again.

also avoided the humiliation of missing the playoffs.

this also means lidstrom's streak of making the playoffs continues. :handclap:

edit:
homer has also never missed the playoffs in 13 seasons. he may retire as one of the only players who played a fairly long career and never missed the playoffs.

ZDH 04-04-2010 05:51 PM

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

TheMoreYouKnow 04-04-2010 06:15 PM

I'm skeptical of our chances of staying in it for long but at least we made it which infinitely beats finishing 9th in the conference.

Heaton 04-04-2010 06:35 PM

:hockey::hockey:

Helmer 04-04-2010 07:20 PM

When I saw the title of this topic, I thought you were going to mention something near-impossible about winning our next 19 games. lol

But making the playoffs for the 19th straight time isn't bad, :p

Drunkspleen 04-04-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmer (Post 24927029)
When I saw the title of this topic, I thought you were going to mention something near-impossible about winning our next 19 games. lol

But making the playoffs for the 19th straight time isn't bad, :p

I like your idea, finish the season with 3 wins for a 100 point season exactly, and then sweep every round of the playoffs...

Reality Check 04-04-2010 10:26 PM

I expected Detroit to make the playoffs this season, despite everything.

That said, I really have no expectations for the playoffs.

Even if they bow out in first round, I still view this season as a success. All things considered.

arin1 04-04-2010 10:35 PM

How long do you guys think the Wings can take their playoff streak too? I'm saying 30+ years:yo:

Reality Check 04-04-2010 10:39 PM

Streaks like these, while impressive, don't mean a damn thing if you don't have the hardware to show for it.

I.E. Boston and St. Louis

elsonico 04-05-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reality Check (Post 24930930)
That said, I really have no expectations for the playoffs.

Even if they bow out in first round, I still view this season as a success. All things considered.

this is pretty much how I feel.

We heared that the players are tired because of two (or even three) long playoff runs in the last years, so how would our players do next year after another long run?

As far as I feel, we can possibly beat any team in a 7 game series, but I wouldn't be mad if we went out early and finally find some time to rest.

After all the things that have happended, I'm glad we made it to the playoffs. Let's just see what happens from now on but let's not get overexcited!

ProPAIN 04-05-2010 06:41 AM

Playoffs baby!! I always thought we would make it, but at some points during the season I was worried it was all going wrong.

Deep deep down in my heart I want us to try and go all the way. But if we bow out in the 1st round it will hurt but the guys will still get some rest. It's not the end of world, there is always next year, but I don't want the Wings go out with a 4-0 series loss.

Huddy* 04-05-2010 10:38 AM

Cheers Mates!!!

:cheers:

14ari13 04-05-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reality Check (Post 24931188)
Streaks like these, while impressive, don't mean a damn thing if you don't have the hardware to show for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsonico (Post 24934630)
this is pretty much how I feel.

We heared that the players are tired because of two (or even three) long playoff runs in the last years, so how would our players do next year after another long run?

As far as I feel, we can possibly beat any team in a 7 game series, but I wouldn't be mad if we went out early and finally find some time to rest.

After all the things that have happended, I'm glad we made it to the playoffs. Let's just see what happens from now on but let's not get overexcited!

+2 .

Brodie 04-05-2010 01:23 PM

Making it the playoffs is a victory in itself, making the second round would be an incredible feat. I declare this season a success.

sarcastro 04-05-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Um, don't the Wings have 4 Cups to show for it?

:amazed:

Licklas Nidstrom 04-05-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Tell that to Illitch, selling playoff tickets for the 19th consectuive season.
Anyone got an idea on how much an owner will bring in per playoff series?

stallion19 04-05-2010 05:15 PM

Any word on the playoff avatars? Starting to see some nice ones on other boards

chances14 04-05-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin1 (Post 24931123)
How long do you guys think the Wings can take their playoff streak too? I'm saying 30+ years:yo:

they havent missed the playoffs since i have been born. it's going to be weird when they actually do miss the playoffs again

chances14 04-05-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie (Post 24939876)
Making it the playoffs is a victory in itself, making the second round would be an incredible feat. I declare this season a success.

i agree. with the injuries they suffered this season, it's quite a feat that they made the playoffs. and i really have no expectations for this playoff run, so no disappointment for me :D

Kiddington 04-05-2010 10:13 PM

I'll be honest; I really didn't give the team much of a chance this season. With the injuries, Osgood not coming to play, the inconsistencies of the play (especially in January), and the overall toughness of the Western Conference, I didn't think a playoff appearance was very likely... at all.

...but, I was wrong. I'll gladly have my crow, and eat it too. :D

Go Wings!

FabricDetails 04-05-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figs (Post 24950696)
I'll be honest; I really didn't give the team much of a chance this season. With the injuries, Osgood not coming to play, the inconsistencies of the play (especially in January), and the overall toughness of the Western Conference, I didn't think a playoff appearance was very likely... at all.

...but, I was wrong. I'll gladly have my crow, and eat it too. :D

Go Wings!

I'm still not expecting much. A part of me wants them to go on a deep run and another part wants them to rest up for next year.

Winger98 04-05-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FabricDetails (Post 24951705)
I'm still not expecting much. A part of me wants them to go on a deep run and another part wants them to rest up for next year.

that's what July is for :nod: