HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Cinepuck is here to save the day! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=759483)

cinepuck 04-05-2010 11:40 PM

Cinepuck is here to save the day!

Well you said to come out of the woodwork so here I am. I used to post on NP.com, but that board is horrid now as many of you know. I've had this account, I guess...and now it's time to USE it! I've been lurking for a little bit and it seems as if this is where the posting resurgence is going on. So here I come to impart my infinte wisdom...oh wait...my ignorance...uh...that's not right either....my $.02 on our favorite team. (I almost spelled that favourite...our Canadian friends would be so proud.) Looking forward to the playoffs so LET'S DO IT!
:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

PS, obviously, the site said someone else already has cinepuck...I don't know if it's me or not....maybe it is under another email...so for now, I'm humbly, cinemagolfer!

cinepuck 04-05-2010 11:45 PM

And CINEPUCK is here to save the day! It was as I though. So I'll delete cinemagolfer and post a cinepuck. I always forget passwords and usernames that I've created.... silly me.

worstfaceoffmanever 04-05-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinepuck (Post 24952185)
I always forget passwords and usernames that I've created.... silly me.

Who doesn't?

Welcome to the forums. :yo:

nine_inch_fang 04-06-2010 12:00 AM

I have a feeling it's about to get busy around here and that is a good thing. Much better conversation here, still have many differing opinions but the moderation and interaction from fans of other teams adds to the "depth" of the conversation!

Liquidfire3240 04-06-2010 01:29 AM

So glad I'm not the only one who ditched the old official boards to come here.
That place is so ugly now.

ffwrx 04-06-2010 06:13 AM

That place is dead too. I don't even lurk over there, and that is what I do best.

Que Sera Sera 04-06-2010 07:11 AM

Welcome to the forums. I'm Canadian ;) just looks natural to me. But out of curiosity, what's the main board like? As in the official Preds board. I've heard very mixed things.
Posted via Mobile Device

barrytrotzsneck 04-06-2010 07:56 AM

MidnightOil, it's a lot like the main boards for the Oilers, Canucks, Flames...that is, a lot of younger fans, many of which are ready to hop on or off the bandwagon depending on how that particular game went. I got my start over there back in 2000, and was part of the original crew--it was a decent place to post for a long time, but it seems like around the time of our first playoff trip, it went downhill. I haven't even lurked over there in about 4 years. I've been here now for nearly 8 years, have been involved with promoting the board, moderating the board, you name it--this is hands down the best place to talk hockey on the web, and I think our rapidly-growing group of Preds fans really represent well. I'm pleased to see traffic is up higher than it's been in a long time-- I just wish some of our great old posters would come back. Handtrick, Pred303, guys like that...but as I understand it, Pred303's work blocks the site, and HT kind of goes where he does :).

hatedandproud 04-06-2010 08:21 AM

I too used to post on the NP boards on occasion, but I haven't even looked over there for months now. Way too much jackassery for my taste.
These boards are getting to be like the older NP boards were.

I think for me, after the last playoff trip, things started going downhill. The trolls who posed as Preds fans, just got out of control. Constant postings when the team was down....but when things turned around, you never heard a peep. That combined with the "my favorite player is the best, so (a) don't you dare criticize him or (b) it was the stupidist move in Hockey ever to trade/waive/not re-sign him...wah..." Just got to be too much for me...wah.

Que Sera Sera 04-06-2010 08:42 AM

I might try the NP boards out later, see what they're like. But they don't sound great.
Posted via Mobile Device

cinepuck 04-06-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Oil (Post 24954788)
I might try the NP boards out later, see what they're like. But they don't sound great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well let's put it this way. The last time I posted on there, the GDTs would barely get over one page in length...

Anyway. It definitely seems this place is rockin', and I'm sure more will keep joining as the
playoffs approach. I'm so stoked. I'll post a little more about me later, but I jus want to say the MM video made my day!
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera 04-06-2010 08:54 AM

It doesn't have a mobile version anyway. Not for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

101st_fan 04-06-2010 09:07 AM

The format change killed the np.com boards.

Of course, there are those who blame me for every person who stopped posting there and every unsold ticket. Those same people were filled with glee when the Preds started the season 2-5-1.

PredsV82 04-06-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 24952384)
I have a feeling it's about to get busy around here and that is a good thing. Much better conversation here, still have many differing opinions but the moderation and interaction from fans of other teams adds to the "depth" of the conversation!

thats what I liked about the old espn boards before they went to crap during the lockout... you had fans from other teams not just trolls...

PredsV82 04-06-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 24955022)
The format change killed the np.com boards.

Of course, there are those who blame me for every person who stopped posting there and every unsold ticket. Those same people were filled with glee when the Preds started the season 2-5-1.

hey dont hog all the credit... it was you, me , 303 and BC that destroyed the preds fanbase and are the reason the preds are moving to... oh, wait..um..yeah.

and 101 and I still post over there just to make sure no one joins up and tries to revive the franchise

cinepuck 04-06-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 24955203)
hey dont hog all the credit... it was you, me , 303 and BC that destroyed the preds fanbase and are the reason the preds are moving to... oh, wait..um..yeah.

and 101 and I still post over there just to make sure no one joins up and tries to revive the franchise

Is that you Voldy? Most people seem to be on here. That's great. I've seen Adzy and Patty on here too.

101st. Thanks for your service to the country once again. I always feel like we can't thank you enough.

barrytrotzsneck 04-06-2010 10:17 AM

i was better known by my old nmk user name over there.

just wait until oldhickory makes his way over here...

I was always reticent when it came to promoting this site over there, since I didn't want some mass migration of all the idiots from that forum to just set up shop here. It was more of a "we like what we see from you, why don't you come check out this forum, instead?" I think triggrman recruited me to this site by just such means :)

cinepuck 04-06-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 24955779)

I was always reticent when it came to promoting this site over there, since I didn't want some mass migration of all the idiots from that forum to just set up shop here. It was more of a "we like what we see from you, why don't you come check out this forum, instead?" I think triggrman recruited me to this site by just such means :)

Dude, you KNOW this team would be in better shape with Yonkman on the blueline. Don't deny it!
:help:

ffwrx 04-06-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinepuck (Post 24956140)
Dude, you KNOW this team would be in better shape with Yonkman on the blueline. Don't deny it!
:help:

:smurf:

Adz 04-06-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 24955203)

I still post over there occasionally just because it's habit, but the format just killed the place. I guess I'm trying to destroy the fanbase, too.

PredsV82 04-06-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 24955779)

ahhh... werent you NMK over here as well?

As you can see by my registration date, Ive had an acct here a while (invited by pred303 just as you were3 by trigg) but Ive become more active, like many, since the np board tanked.

a couple years ago this board really didnt seem to be for more than the true "hockey savvy" posters, but now it is a lot like the np boards were in their good days.... where a less experienced fan can learn a lot more of the in depth workings of a hockey game...

nine_inch_fang 04-06-2010 11:50 AM

yeah V82 the "social" aspect is what was missing from this forum before. Other teams had that vibe here on HF just not the Preds.

It would be cool to get a little of the "social community" feel to these boards while keeping the higher standard of hockey talk. The moderation at HF is a major deterrent to some of the sillyness that happened over at np.com

PredsV82 04-06-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 24957135)
yeah V82 the "social" aspect is what was missing from this forum before. Other teams had that vibe here on HF just not the Preds.

It would be cool to get a little of the "social community" feel to these boards while keeping the higher standard of hockey talk. The moderation at HF is a major deterrent to some of the sillyness that happened over at np.com

and the shame of it is we finally have good moderation on the np boards but theres precious little left to moderate.

hopefully more of the crossover posters who were both social and hockey talkers will find there way here.

barrytrotzsneck 04-06-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 24958938)
and the shame of it is we finally have good moderation on the np boards but theres precious little left to moderate.

hopefully more of the crossover posters who were both social and hockey talkers will find there way here.

to be honest, some of the "social" element over there was one of the things that kind of drove me off to begin with. It's one thing for everyone to be friends, and maybe even have "OT" threads, but it had gotten to the point where otherwise good posters were using topical threads..GDTs, prospect updates, whatever, as a social platform. Like, you'd have:

good post
reply to good post
friend of original good poster coming in and making inside joke
other friends laughing
thread travels far off topic
someone quotes original good post, thread returns to hockey talk.

It required a lot of wading, if you weren't "in" on the joke.

nine_inch_fang 04-06-2010 02:27 PM

isn't that what moderation is for?