HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Komisarek decides not to join the Bulldogs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=75996)

db23 05-05-2004 12:53 AM

Komisarek decides not to join the Bulldogs

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I see where Gainey gave Mike the choice of whether he wanted to continue his season or not. Komo decided not to.

On the negative side, he could use the playing time in pressure situation. He has to pick up his intensity level if he wants to be an exceptional NHL player. On the postive side, he would be taking the place of someone who may be playing for a contract next year.

Tuggy 05-05-2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db23
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I see where Gainey gave Mike the choice of whether he wanted to continue his season or not. Komo decided not to.

On the negative side, he could use the playing time in pressure situation. He has to pick up his intensity level if he wants to be an exceptional NHL player. On the postive side, he would be taking the place of someone who may be playing for a contract next year.

Gainey has basically told Komisarek that he is now part of the Montreal Canadiens. I thought he got better with every passing game in the playoffs. And about his intensity level....I found him to be one of our most aggresive defenders and he is only going to get better. It's going to be fun watching this monster develop into an elite NHL defenseman! And to think he is so young :eek:

Chehabi 05-05-2004 01:47 AM

I think he made the right choice in not going. He was just in the NHL playoffs and wants to keep moving up rather than going back down.

Marchy79 05-05-2004 06:51 AM

I have no problems with Mike Komisarek's decision... This guy has proven to me in the last quarter / playoff performance that he is ready for a permanent role in Montreal. This kid is a tough performer. What a huge upgrade this kid is going to be when he rounds in to form :D
He was also heard to be starting his training for next season (which is why he said no to Hamilton). I am betting this kid will be making noise next season as the habs new strong blueliner :D .

In fact, I am looking forward to next year's defensive unit... It should be stronger this upcoming season... Bouillon is the other d man on the block (Hainsey should be the LD's 3rd man next season so long as Hainsey trains this summer...) as well as Beauchemin (I dont think he'll last another waiver day) who can play both sides, and has more size as so he cant get overmatched as often as Bouillon was.

Souray Brisebois
Markov Komisarek
Hainsey Rivet
Beauchemin

:bow: I like it :handclap:

mcphee 05-05-2004 07:13 AM

Gainey's comments were interesting, he said that he couseled Komisarek, then he listed why he decided to not go. He didn't say what his counsel was however.

Bob Bastards 05-05-2004 07:34 AM

Perhaps Komi have some little bruise and wanted to heal. Perhaps he don't want to break the team chemistry in Hamilton also. Its no big deal, I prefer he start to trained for next year and build on is strong playoff then go play for Hamilton and get hurt really bad...

komorules#1 05-05-2004 08:58 AM

A buddy of mine works at the rink and said that he has only seen Komi sit in the hot tub after long nights of drinking.....I would questions if anyone is really training already for next season. But he says that the younger guys have really been out and about in the city since season is over. I think it was a good idea he didnt go down....it makes him think as well as others that he is on the team 100%.

Freaky Habs Fan 05-05-2004 10:17 AM

Maybe, when he was recall by the Habs, Komi tell to himself: Yesterday game was my last in the AHL because I'm gonna prouve to everybody that I'm good enought to take the ************ Quintal spot.

It's my guess... :D

habfan4 05-05-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
Gainey's comments were interesting, he said that he couseled Komisarek, then he listed why he decided to not go. He didn't say what his counsel was however.

I'm guessing that if Gainey had hinted that Komisarek should head to Hamilton for the experience, he would have been on a plane that afternoon.

Habber 05-05-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4
I'm guessing that if Gainey had hinted that Komisarek should head to Hamilton for the experience, he would have been on a plane that afternoon.

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt Komi would go against anything Gainey says.

I don't think Komi would have a whole lot to gain by playing in the minors at this point. He's showed he belongs in the NHL and it's time for him to get rested and start training for next season, both in the weight room and the video room.

Wildcat 05-05-2004 02:03 PM

I'm glad he decided not to go. He's part of the Montreal Canadiens now. Let the one who have played in Hamilton all season long and have gotten the Bulldogs to where they are now enjoy this experience.