HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   [GENERAL] Why to fix Finland and Sweden? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76011)

Korkki 05-05-2004 03:28 AM

[GENERAL] Why to fix Finland and Sweden?

I can't understand why to fix two most used world boards into one massive unreadable board. I know that when watching from America's side there is just Scandinavia, no different countries. But putting two rivals into same board is just like fixing Toronto and Montreal board together. I think that those fans would like this as much as I...

This really and absolutely S-U-C-K-S !!!

Predatore 05-05-2004 03:37 AM

I agree, it has definitely made this board to a chaos. However, I also believe the final has been said about this and complaining will have little effect :(

Padawan 05-05-2004 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predatore
I agree, it has definitely made this board to a chaos. However, I also believe the final has been said about this and complaining will have little effect :(

I agree also. Chaos is a mild expression imo. It has also done these boards more difficult to moderate. Bad, bad decision imho.

Robertsson 4-ever 05-05-2004 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padawan
I agree also. Chaos is a mild expression imo. It has also done these boards more difficult to moderate. Bad, bad decision imho.

Agreed.

Swedelicious 05-05-2004 05:07 AM

Yes... It blows. :thumbd:

Seiza 05-05-2004 05:44 AM

Me not like... :(

I want the boards to be like they were before.. :help:

Jussi 05-05-2004 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seiza
Me not like... :(

I want the boards to be like they were before.. :help:

Or atleast separate Finland and Sweden. Keep Denmark and Norway under "Other Nordic countries".

Riddarn 05-05-2004 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
I don't like this at all... Makes it much harder to find what one wants to find :p I'll lay off the country boards for a while because this mess gives me a headache :P Also didn't Buffaloed ask about this once and got one big NO?

Yeah I think he did. Anyway maybe this can lead to some interesting discussions or whatever.. (trying to be positive here)

Kronblom 05-05-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korkki
I can't understand why to fix two most used world boards into one massive unreadable board. I know that when watching from America's side there is just Scandinavia, no different countries. But putting two rivals into same board is just like fixing Toronto and Montreal board together. I think that those fans would like this as much as I...

Agree completly.

jepjepjoo 05-05-2004 08:48 AM

:shakehead

Raimo Sillanpää 05-05-2004 09:11 AM

This can work.. if we make some ground rules first..

both sides must give something to get something.. for eaxmple.
Sweden gives:
5-6 never happened. Never. CNN Propoganda.
Finland Gives:
Belarus 3-2 never happened. Never. CNN Propoganda.

and such..

But this really really was a bad decision..

Teus 05-05-2004 09:18 AM

Not a fan of it either.

Good idea would be if everyone put "Finland:" in front of topics about Finnish stuff, "Sweden:" in front of topics about Swedish stuff and so on...

Predatore 05-05-2004 09:46 AM

Teus and others,
As you see I have added [SWE], [FIN] and [NOR] in front of the threads. Does that make it better? easier to view?
thanks

zecke26 05-05-2004 10:33 AM

Quote:

Teus and others,
As you see I have added [SWE], [FIN] and [NOR] in front of the threads. Does that make it better? easier to view?
thanks

all i can say is :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

predatore, you rule! that was a great idea.

An Ape called Yoko 05-05-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korkki

Agreed. It SUCKS!!!!!!!! I hate it.

eh 05-05-2004 12:47 PM

Quote:

Teus and others,

it makes the forum a bit more readable, but doesn't really fix the problem. That's what subforums are for, really.

I understand completely that some of the less used international boards were merged together, but I can't think of a reason for doing this to the Finnish & Swedish boards. And no, the "we couldn't let you guys have your own board when the others had to be merged" excuse doesn't do. My suggestion: Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Czech & Slovakian, Central European (German, Swiss, Austrian) and rest of the world boards.

I'm going to post this to the feedback forum, I hope others will say their opinion about the merge there as well.

I'm all for having pan Nordic discussions, but this isn't the way to have them. This is more than a minor annoyance, it makes the board almost completely unusable for most people and their needs.

Vman 05-05-2004 06:43 PM

It's so hard to read the topics now. (The [Fin] and the [Swe]'s). It's like everything is mixed up!

Raimo Sillanpää 05-06-2004 01:45 AM

the [FIN] and [SWE] makes it better, very clever idea..

but its,. hrm.. look like a bunch of posts by irc-starved CounterStrike depraved teenagers..

Next thing you know, we'll have to put [FIN] or [SWE] tags in front of our usernames.. ;)

But what do our Norwegian friends think? Haven't sene any comments by them here yet..

Ideally a seperate board for Finland and Sweden, but if not then this is 2nd best..

But why the merge, was HFBoards rtunning out of resources? Thne how about cleaning up ancient private messages and deleting usernames that havent been used in aeons? Most other BBS systems do these..

Flonaldo 05-06-2004 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raimo Sillanpää
But why the merge, was HFBoards rtunning out of resources? Thne how about cleaning up ancient private messages and deleting usernames that havent been used in aeons? Most other BBS systems do these..

That wouldn't do anything else than clear up hard disk space, and very marginally. It isn't the hard disk space, it's server load. Load is caused by querys to the database. All pages are composed by the server by querying for different elements from the db. More pages means more load. More querys per page means more load. And the boards main page is the primary cause of server overload. So they decided to lessen the number of querys for the main page.

I posted my comments and suggestions (sub-forums!) in the feedback thread. I hope everyone else that is pissed off does the same (and intelligently, please, that's the correct way to go about things).

Cutting the server load is good. Doing it "pissing while running" (finnish saying) not so good. A little more thought from the admins before a lot af action. Now even if they realize the need for sub-forums, some of the mods are going to be doing overtime work to sort out the thread to the corresponding sub-forums.

The [FIN]-labels were a good temp fix - but that's all. It's still pretty freaking confusing.

And of course this was easy to do to us stinking Euros... I don't see them merging the minor league forums... ;-)

Swedelicious 05-06-2004 07:02 AM

Quote:

I don't see them merging the minor league forums
Good point.

And I honestly think Eliteprospects deserve a forum of their own...

Predatore 05-06-2004 07:38 AM

Nazgullah,
That is a major concern of mine as well. The Sweden board has also always been Elite Prospects' messageboard and now when visitors enter it half the threads is about Finnish and Norwegian hockey :(.

I'm looking into a couple of options and I guess there is a risk I'll have to set-up separate forum, not affiliated with hfboards.

Korkki 05-06-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

I'm looking into a couple of options and I guess there is a risk I'll have to set-up separate forum, not affiliated with hfboards.

Very good idea! Especially if you can put both, Finland and Sweden to the same forum with separated boards...
Like it was before :(