HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Game Day Rituals/Superstition/Karma (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=760169)

PredsV82 04-07-2010 04:30 PM

Game Day Rituals/Superstition/Karma

I searched the forum and didnt find anything about superstitions and good luck rituals except a few things from 2004 so if this is a repeat topic please merge/delete as appropriate..

What are your game day rituals/superstitions/good karma attractors??

I have a lot..

Away games, like today.. I have a lucky coffee mug that my morning java is poured in, I never wear Preds logo on away game days, and I have a hat thats proven luck so far this year.

on home games that I am attending I wear the same jersey until we lose then change it. Same lucky hat. Always get a program, roll it up, and never read it.

home games i cannot attend... nothing... im kinda cheesed that Im not there so i just let it ride...

and of course there is the famous Vold negative mojo, and TPCR in conjunction with 101st fan... both of which work WAY more than coincidence dictates they should...

triggrman 04-07-2010 04:41 PM

I don't post on GDT

BigFatCat999 04-07-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 24988859)
I searched the forum and didnt find anything about superstitions and good luck rituals except a few things from 2004 so if this is a repeat topic please merge/delete as appropriate..

What are your game day rituals/superstitions/good karma attractors??

I have a lot..

Away games, like today.. I have a lucky coffee mug that my morning java is poured in, I never wear Preds logo on away game days, and I have a hat thats proven luck so far this year.

on home games that I am attending I wear the same jersey until we lose then change it. Same lucky hat. Always get a program, roll it up, and never read it.

home games i cannot attend... nothing... im kinda cheesed that Im not there so i just let it ride...

and of course there is the famous Vold negative mojo, and TPCR in conjunction with 101st fan... both of which work WAY more than coincidence dictates they should...

And it's YOU who's prescribing the drugs?????

Seriously, hockey and baseball are the two sports that have the same personality and supersitions so I'm not surprised.

For me, I'm just here. You make your own luck

Drake744 04-07-2010 04:53 PM

I get really hammered and break things.

Just kidding no I dont. Well, I guess I always wear the same jerseys to home games and for away games I don't really have a superstition I guess. I figured I would but I realized I didnt. Oh well. In the NFL I do but not for the Preds which is ironic. Maybe too many games to keep up with a superstition...

JohniusMaximus 04-07-2010 05:38 PM

The normal one: I've got one of those plastic Predators wristbands that I wear only on game day.

The weird one: If it's an away game I bang my fist three times on the coffee table in unison with "Let's Go Preds" prior to faceoff. I did this one time in a moment of excitement, we won, so I kept it up whenever I'm at home to watch. I haven't kept up with how much luck it may actually bring but it hasn't brought destruction upon the team so I'll let it continue.

quoth the Raven 04-07-2010 05:48 PM

If our goalie is getting close to getting that thing they get when they don't let any goals in, no one is allowed to say the word that starts with shhhhh.... I can't say it now because it's game day. :)

By the same token, if that afore mentioned word is not possible for our goalie, I'll say it as much as possible to jinx the opposing goalie!

I try to wear as much Preds gear as I can on game days... I have lots of accessories like earrings and socks and a scarf. They are my good luck charms.

I do have a weird one... I have a special bra that I wear when I feel we need extra luck. Every time I've worn that bra to a game, we win. I don't want its luck to run out too soon though, so I only wear it when we really need it. Like Saturday against Detroit. You guys can thank me. :)

Bad Karma 04-07-2010 05:49 PM

I just kinda show up.

Drake744 04-07-2010 05:57 PM

I remember in 2008 Game 3 against Detroit we were down 2-0 after 1 so I decided to walk around the concourse during the intermission going left instead of right because I thought the team would get the memo that I was doing that and they would play better. And they did and we scored 5 goals and won game 3 then won game 4 then it apparently stopped working.

Adz 04-07-2010 06:07 PM

I won't wear the colors of the opponent on game day, unless they happen to be our colors, too.

I have a necklace I like to wear to home games, but just because it goes with our colors well. It hasn't been particularly lucky or unlucky.

I wash a losing jersey and usually wear a different one the next game.

A lot of times I'll have the game on but if the opponent scores a lot of times I'll quit watching it at that point and just hit F5 a lot on the scoreboard.

I used to have a lot of superstitions but one by one they let me down so I quit doing them. One I should have kept on doing was the sit ups for the hockey gods...

PredsV82 04-07-2010 06:24 PM

adzy, whats the status of the spider and the bobblehead? is that just for breaking losing streaks?

codeyh 04-07-2010 06:36 PM

I don't talk about my rituals.. for fear they stop working.

Soundgarden 04-07-2010 08:49 PM

I don't post on the GDT until the game is over usually.

101st_fan 04-07-2010 09:03 PM

I don't have any superstitions ... or a liver.

WartracePred 04-07-2010 09:08 PM

I wear one of two shirts -- one long sleeve, one short sleeve. Since I've only missed a handful of games this year, the long sleeve T-shirt is getting some mileage - holes and such. Not sure what I'll do next year considering this T is going to get us through a couple rounds of post season play! Can't imagine it holding up over another 80+ games. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

nine_inch_fang 04-07-2010 09:15 PM

Pfft....liver.....about as useful as the appendix, right?

Adz 04-07-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 24990984)
adzy, whats the status of the spider and the bobblehead? is that just for breaking losing streaks?

I still have the Dunny in my office and there are still black widows outside...it was for luck. When I started telling the lads they were gonna get their butts kicked, the Dunny and Spider fell out of favor. I still have the Dunham jersey that I will wear after 3 home losses. So far it's still doing okay, but I found out the hard way during the playoffs a few years back that it only works after home losses. Can't be used after a road loss, can't be used for less than 3 and can't be used just for positive mojo. :-( I'm still trying to calculate the good or bad mojo of the new thirds. It appears that they work well if I wear it on Tuesdays...

101st_fan 04-07-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 24995187)
Pfft....liver.....about as useful as the appendix, right?

Mine is. Some quack ENT actually typed out a prescription for Mr. Daniels.

nine_inch_fang 04-07-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 24995373)
Mine is. Some quack ENT actually typed out a prescription for Mr. Daniels.

Awwwww isn't that cute, you're being nice....quack...HA!!!:razz:

jstreet 04-16-2010 02:22 PM

I dont wear opponent colors on gameday.

Adz 04-16-2010 02:29 PM

I don't know about it being a game day ritual or karma, but I'm sick from nerves.

jstreet 04-16-2010 02:47 PM

another interesting side note, more than once in interviews Dan Ellis has been asked this question and he always says that he absolutely does not believe in luck and doesnt really do superstitions.

Adz 04-16-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstreet (Post 25215152)
another interesting side note, more than once in interviews Dan Ellis has been asked this question and he always says that he absolutely does not believe in luck and doesnt really do superstitions.

Yeah, so he says--what about that dance he'd do when there was a stoppage in play? ;)

JohniusMaximus 04-16-2010 05:03 PM

New ritual: A double of Black Label prior to 5:00 PM before the first Playoff game. Yeah. I went there.

TMI 04-16-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 24994884)
I don't have any superstitions ... or a liver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus (Post 25217822)
New ritual: A double of Black Label prior to 5:00 PM before the first Playoff game. Yeah. I went there.

Gentlemen, I believe we are in the same group here. I try to always take a shot of whiskey on opening face off, for every goal, for every period we end with a lead, and a double for a victory. Remember that game in which we beat Detroit 8-0?

(I also do rally shots if needed. I guess that's the same as TPCR)

101st_fan 04-16-2010 05:40 PM

I'll be at an AHL game tonight ... the Maker's Mark Bar does have Jack Single Barrel.