HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stop Being Embarassing (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=760349)

Quakmybush 04-07-2010 10:00 PM

Stop Being Embarassing

Everytime I got to the main board, there is an uneccesary post started about a random leaf player. It's totally useless guys, makes us all look stupid. Don't ask for people's opinions on players then ***** them out about it. Don't make stupid trade proposals.

Please guys, our team doesn't deserve attention, nor does it need any more negatvie attention. Give it a rest.

iPunch 04-07-2010 10:04 PM

http://imgur.com/HBtzc.gif

Some seem to need validation more than others.

TMLeafer 04-07-2010 10:10 PM

Agreed, pisses me off too.

But I guess that doesn't really matter.

dubey 04-07-2010 10:12 PM

http://imgur.com/09Xtz.gif

KuleminFan41 04-07-2010 10:16 PM

The sad thing is.... most people wont listen :( but kudos to you

thebluemachine* 04-07-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quakmybush (Post 24998011)
Everytime I got to the main board, there is an uneccesary post started about a random leaf player. It's totally useless guys, makes us all look stupid. Don't ask for people's opinions on players then ***** them out about it. Don't make stupid trade proposals.

Please guys, our team doesn't deserve attention, nor does it need any more negatvie attention. Give it a rest.

sorry but the only thing that is embarrassing is this leaf team. if anything at least some of the people that are posting trade proposals are trying to see what kind of value we can get for the remainder of players that need to go.

you do not give up just because you are/represent one of worst teams in the league atm, you keep chugging along no matter what.

toquerasta 04-07-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebluemachine (Post 24998388)
sorry but the only thing that is embarrassing is this leaf team. if anything at least some of the people that are posting trade proposals are trying to see what kind of value we can get for the remainder of players that need to go.

you do not give up just because you are/represent one of worst teams in the league atm, you keep chugging along no matter what.

You do realize we have no say on what actually happens to the team this off-season? At least in terms of trades. It's not you'll be like trade Kaberle for ______ and _______? and Burkie will show up on this board and be like "hey, this is a swell idea, and the ______ fans approved it too, so, all good here"

Just saying.

frostyflo 04-07-2010 10:31 PM

:handclap:great thread! I don`t even watch the main board this times cause I`m sick of stupid Kessel-comparisons,Value-of-BS and hilarious threads on the NHL-talk

daveleaf 04-07-2010 10:39 PM

Makes us look bad? We're just the fans we're not the players. For over forty years I have been rooting for this team and still haven't seen them win the cup-not even close. Maybe embarrassing going to university in TO and hanging out at Leaf gardens every chance I got. I think it was embarrassing that I had a hundred bucks a week on food and TTC and spent 55 of that to get a leaf ticket so I could watch them play. Management should be embarrassed that they have charged us what they have, made them incredibly wealthy and yet all we asked for is a cup team. Management should be embarrassed the fees they charge for food and drinks there, for the amount of money they charge for their jerseys and yet continually put together a bad team. I don't care what the players say, many of them haven't been born to see the frustration from Leaf nation yet we need to coddle them and not voice our displeasure.

Who's makin who look bad? Right now, I would say it's the fans, me, the sucker who would spend a ridiculous amount of money to buy three tickets that look bad.

Quakmybush 04-07-2010 10:41 PM

I don't mean in the grand sense. I just mean in the sense of HFBoards, every little detail about every little Leaf is not needed on the main board.

thebluemachine* 04-07-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toquerasta (Post 24998577)
You do realize we have no say on what actually happens to the team this off-season? At least in terms of trades. It's not you'll be like trade Kaberle for ______ and _______? and Burkie will show up on this board and be like "hey, this is a swell idea, and the ______ fans approved it too, so, all good here"

Just saying.

sorry i still do not agree. this leaf team is the embarrassment atm not being a fan. if you only want to be here for the good times find another city to cheer for because toronto has a long way to go.

the original post and what you are saying is that we should all just be quiet and only show ourselves when we start winning.

sounds pretty pathetic if you ask me. you can be one of the worst teams in the nhl and still have respect.

it's called re-building and i for one am dam happy that we are cutting loose from the old mentality and starting completely from scratch.

daveleaf 04-07-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quakmybush (Post 24998771)
I don't mean in the grand sense. I just mean in the sense of HFBoards, every little detail about every little Leaf is not needed on the main board.

Alright I agree with that. I ripped Phaneuf today with a bad thread and it's my fault. I actually like the guy.

Meganuck* 04-07-2010 10:46 PM

Just took a look at the "main board" and all I can see is one Phaneuf thread. Usually these threads are either started by trolls or noobs, I wouldn't worry about it.

daveleaf 04-07-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Batts (Post 24998858)
Just took a look at the "main board" and all I can see is one Phaneuf thread. Usually these threads are either started by trolls or noobs, I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't think I'm neither but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. After watching and playing hockey for a good chunk of my life I do know a thing or two about it.

Naggah 04-07-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 24998292)

:handclap:

TheSilencer 04-08-2010 12:09 AM

Whatever..make whatever threads you wanna make on the main board..its effin Hfboards:shakehead i couldn't care less what the other people are saying

The Big Swede 04-08-2010 12:30 AM

Theres always a idiot out there who is going to make us look like bad fans.Anyhow,we already have a bad rep about being bias fans

Jesus Bacon 04-08-2010 12:45 AM

i always thought that this is what this site is for.. opinions on hockey. thoes just happen to be people's opinion.

Epictetus 04-08-2010 01:05 AM

It's a message board, plus there are far worse people from other fan bases.

DJIncognito 04-08-2010 09:20 AM

Remember as far as the outside world knows we're a nice normal fanbase!

Corleone 04-08-2010 09:24 AM

"Who cares what other people think." - everyones mom

Transplanted Caper 04-08-2010 09:28 AM

Why Can't You Be Like Everyone Elses Parents!

TML42 04-08-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triple000 (Post 25000368)
i always thought that this is what this site is for.. opinions on hockey. thoes just happen to be people's opinion.

You're entitled to an opinion just as long as it's the same as everyone else....:)

Dgill 04-08-2010 09:32 AM

I agree, I mean, who really cares outside the Leafs that Dion got his first goal as a Maple Leaf,

:shakehead

darty 04-08-2010 02:24 PM

To be fair, I'd say about 40-50% of the dumb threads about the Leafs on the main boards are either started by a Bruins fan, a Flames fan, or a Canucks fan.