HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone shoot at a radar gun? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=760961)

sirpipsalot 04-09-2010 12:23 PM

Anyone shoot at a radar gun?
 
How hard do you shoot? Make sure you say if it's a slapper or what. I've never done it but a buddy had a 68 MPH wrist shot from his shoes.

jablueblue 04-09-2010 02:48 PM

Did it a couple months ago, i was 16 and had a 81 mph slapper

Hockeyfan68 04-09-2010 03:04 PM

I never have and wished I would have before I was in my 40s. I still have a wicked good one and guess it to be in the 90s somewhere. It used to be harder and I used to break plexi a few times a year. I am pretty sure it was 100 somewhere.

I really wish it would have been possible to have it rader gunned a few times.

beavboyz here posted about one and has some video he was talking about, maybe this is a chance for him to post some :)

... hopefully shot in his fuselage shooting range lol.

FinHockey 04-09-2010 03:40 PM

I'm thinking of buying one next winter so I can try. I was supposed buy it a year ago, but somehow forgot all about it.

RobertKron 04-09-2010 03:45 PM

I was in the low 80s about 4 years ago. I'd really like to try again.

HowToHockey 04-09-2010 06:39 PM

Talk about timing (and thanks for the plug hockeyfan68)

I just uploaded the video

I got mine here You can get $10 off with this coupon too HOWHCKY001

I love the gun, I was shooting about 50-55 mph for wrist shots, and 55-60mph (60 - 65 on ice) for slapshot (low I know)

I never really worked on my slapshot, so that is the idea behind the slapshot challenge. I might as well make a new thread for it.

Crosbyfan 04-09-2010 08:23 PM

91 for my wrister and 103.5 for my slapper

Gotta love the metric system.

HowToHockey 04-09-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crosbyfan (Post 25040581)
91 for my wrister and 103.5 for my slapper

Gotta love the metric system.

haha, yeah here in Canada we are on metric, but because Americans are a bit slow we need to convert it for them :naughty:

Hockeyfan68 04-09-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavboyz (Post 25042278)
haha, yeah here in Canada we are on metric, but because Americans are a bit slow we need to convert it for them :naughty:

Yeah like those doggy degrees you use ... um ... uh ... Celcius they are called :laugh:

Crazy Canucks!

raygunpk 04-09-2010 10:02 PM

tried it the other day, measured wrist shot in mph...over 9000.

Jonathan Iilahti* 04-09-2010 10:03 PM

The police ones are not very accurate for shooting a puck or ball. We had a dad (he was a cop) at our high school bring in his gear and set it up. One kid shot 136mph while others who were clearly shooting harder couldn't get it to go above 80.

meanolthing 04-12-2010 10:25 AM

Just don't get too close to the gun when you shoot, or it'll register your stick speed instead of the puck. Also, low shots are key. I forget why, but I remember the commentators during the last NHL All-Star skills competition mentioning that. I guess you lose some velocity with a gain in elevation.

Badger36 04-12-2010 03:28 PM

This past winter at the Culver's Camp Randall Classic (the outdoor hockey game at Camp Randall), they had a fan experience set up where you could test your hockey skills (speed of slapshot, accuracy of wrist shot, etc...) and they had a little area where the floor was plastic and you shot a hard rubber ball into a net and a radar gun would tell you the speed of your shot and I think the highest I got it up to was 47 mph.
Id love to see how high I could get it on ice with a puck.

iamjs 04-13-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavboyz (Post 25037810)
Talk about timing (and thanks for the plug hockeyfan68)

I just uploaded the video

I got mine here You can get $10 off with this coupon too HOWHCKY001

I love the gun, I was shooting about 50-55 mph for wrist shots, and 55-60mph (60 - 65 on ice) for slapshot (low I know)

I never really worked on my slapshot, so that is the idea behind the slapshot challenge. I might as well make a new thread for it.

bookmarked.

thankya:yo:

At my peak, I was hitting mid 80s with a slapshot. Mostly 82-85, but I had one that jumped to 90 which I'm not convinced was accurate. I wouldn't mind grabbing one of these to see what I'm shooting and how consistent my shot speed is. I'll admit that I've probably lost a few off my shot, but it is more accurate.

Johnny Law 04-13-2010 09:33 AM

One of the leagues I play in does it every year, never get above low 80's high 70's.

What was cool was when the radar gun would get the stick and register 130mph, never knew I could move a stick that fast....

FinHockey 04-13-2010 11:16 AM

I know it's not even close to same but I tryed how hard I can shoot a floorball and it was something 120-125 km/h can't remember correctly. I was very suprised. That's about 75mph.

Gino 14 04-13-2010 11:35 AM

Just to dangle a carrot out there, Chara cranked one up to 105 in the NHL skills competition. I doubt some of these guys thinking they can crank one up to 100 or better would get out of the 80's.

HowToHockey 04-13-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topher0805 (Post 25043433)
The police ones are not very accurate for shooting a puck or ball. We had a dad (he was a cop) at our high school bring in his gear and set it up. One kid shot 136mph while others who were clearly shooting harder couldn't get it to go above 80.

I think a speeding car might have gone by, even 80 is pretty high for kids. Maybe it was KPH not MPH

The best NHL players can barely hit 100 MPH

anthockey77 04-13-2010 03:15 PM

with a mylec ball i shot 103 mph last year, but ive since dropped 20 pounds so im down to the 85-90 range

im not sure how hard i shoot with a puck, but it definitely isnt 103 mph

Patchey* 04-13-2010 07:23 PM

I've hit low 80's with my slapshot, and mid 60's with wrister and snappers as a scrawny 16 year old :D

hoonking 04-13-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino 14 (Post 25132768)
Just to dangle a carrot out there, Chara cranked one up to 105 in the NHL skills competition. I doubt some of these guys thinking they can crank one up to 100 or better would get out of the 80's.

:nod:

I just laugh when I see some beer leaguers on here boast their slapshot that is up their with Chara's. And by the way, during a game their speed is generally slower, I'd say anywhere from mid 90s to low 100s at best.

Hockeyfan68 04-13-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoonking (Post 25146086)
:nod:

I just laugh when I see some beer leaguers on here boast their slapshot that is up their with Chara's. And by the way, during a game their speed is generally slower, I'd say anywhere from mid 90s to low 100s at best.

I guess we'll know by the end of this contest.

Gino 14 04-14-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 (Post 25146695)
I guess we'll know by the end of this contest.

Yeah, because no one on here would stretch the truth.

hoonking 04-14-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino 14 (Post 25153013)
Yeah, because no one on here would stretch the truth.

Of course not :nod:


Did you know my wrister can reach 120?

Mithrandir 04-14-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gino 14 (Post 25153013)
Yeah, because no one on here would stretch the truth.

Make the winner post a video. Not too hard.

Personally, the fastest I've ever been clocked was 84 MPH on a slapper, in my last year of college, which is sad considering a couple of years earlier when, in my opinion, my shot was not as good, my wrister clocked 75 MPH.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.