HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   How are your playoff pools going? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76125)

Randall Graves* 05-05-2004 04:34 PM

How are your playoff pools going?

So with all the upsets i'm wondering how everyones playoff pool has gone.

I originally picked Ottawa and Tampa in the East, San Jose and Dallas in the west, after Dallas and Ottawa went out I thought Calgary and Toronto would take their spots.

So how did you do this round?

Mr Brownstone 05-05-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller

I originally picked Ottawa and Tampa in the East, San Jose and Dallas in the west, after Dallas and Ottawa went out I thought Calgary and Toronto would take their spots.

So how did you do this round?

Well I did take Calgary over VAN. I have the final four teams right except CGY. I took Detroit. I did get the series length right, so that's a tiebreaker point at least. The only two I've gotten wrong are OTT-TOR and DET-CGY, but got the series tiebreaker there too.

Coburnfan05 05-05-2004 05:37 PM

I am doing pretty good.

On one team I had mostly Philly and a few from TB, COL, and Det. Then me and my buddy made a sleeper team and picked mostly SJ, Cal and Mtl and nobody else had more then 3 players combined from these teams.

Hellsempire 05-05-2004 07:45 PM

I am in first place in one pool in one forum and I am in second place in another pool in another forum... :thumbu:

PecaFan 05-05-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller

What upsets? There's been only 2 in the first round, 1 in the second round. The higher seeds are 9 of 12, 75%.

People only think there's been a lot of upsets, because the traditional teams weren't the highest seeds this year.

Rob Paxon 05-05-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecaFan
What upsets? There's been only 2 in the first round, 1 in the second round. The higher seeds are 9 of 12, 75%.

People only think there's been a lot of upsets, because the traditional teams weren't the highest seeds this year.

Good point, but people still may consider them upsets regardless. For instance, NJ was a lower seed but they are, after all, the defending champs. San Jose was higher than Colorado but I'm sure lots of people favored Colorado on talent and past playoff performances. I certainly agree with the point though, many forget that there are some new sheriffs in town.

Karl Pilkington 05-05-2004 10:12 PM

I'm in a pool with my friends.. me and him have a couple teams in the same pool in different leagues.. one team we both did whatever and for another league him and I based our teams on an actual team of our choice (I did habs he did Flames) for fun.

I was in first in the big league with 15 people in it he was in 10th or something bad like that.. not anymore.. he changed his team from our joke league to the big one and now HE's in first.. that cheater.. :mad:

Bergeron47 05-06-2004 05:45 PM

Oh yeah, 10th overall in CBC's Playoff Challenge.

kmad 05-06-2004 06:01 PM

I stocked up on Canucks players :cry:

Uber Coca 05-06-2004 06:04 PM

I went 1/4 in the second round :shakehead

Riggins 05-06-2004 08:32 PM

In a pool with my buddies (10 of us), the winner comes down to me or my brother. We're tied in points and each have 5 guys left. I have St. Louis, Modin, Marleau, Kubina and McCauley (my other 5 were all Detroit players). He has Lecavalier, Richards, Fedotenko, Zhamnov and Handzus.

In my pool at a Habs board I'm in 5th out of 11. Will probably stay in that spot, only have Modin and Boyle left.