HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OT: Draft Party? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=761396)

DaveG 04-10-2010 02:34 PM

Draft Party?

Well, the season from hell is finally ****ing over.

So, for old times sake, when the draft rolls around, who's up for a Draft Watch Party somewhere?

On one of the other boards I infrequent (not the official board, I'm not that ****ing crazy) there's talk of doing a draft party at the Backyard Bistro. Maybe work with them to combine our efforts? Find somewhere else in the area that will be exclusive to HF? I'm up for anything, but more to the point I'm up for meeting up for some drinks and to celebrate the start of a new season as soon as possible after that **** show.

in:
DaveG
dmonk
Acid Queen
eerodynamic
IHML
Hurricane_SVT?

dmonk 04-10-2010 02:39 PM

count on me.

faulkingdynamic 04-10-2010 02:45 PM

should i wear my Tarasenko jersey?

Sasha Cares 04-10-2010 02:50 PM

What other board?

DaveG 04-10-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT (Post 25053726)
What other board?

Letsgocanes

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerodynamic (Post 25053589)
should i wear my Tarasenko jersey?

I'm honestly thinking about having my blank black one customized to be a Tarasenko one if we select him. Fowler if we get him. Anyone else and I'm getting either McBain or Joanna.

Sasha Cares 04-10-2010 03:15 PM

My next will be Gleason or McBain

AcidQueen 04-10-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 25053336)
Well, the season from hell is finally ****ing over.

So, for old times sake, when the draft rolls around, who's up for a Draft Watch Party somewhere?

On one of the other boards I infrequent (not the official board, I'm not that ****ing crazy) there's talk of doing a draft party at the Backyard Bistro. Maybe work with them to combine our efforts? Find somewhere else in the area that will be exclusive to HF? I'm up for anything, but more to the point I'm up for meeting up for some drinks and to celebrate the start of a new season as soon as possible after that **** show.

Deal me in.

GIN ANTONIC 04-13-2010 11:29 PM

Me and Cardiac_Canes watched it last year at his place. We were absolutely dumbfounded at the Paradis pick. Hopefully something like that doesn't happen this year. Hoping these final rankings might actually sway some GM's opinions and we can trade up a spot or two and grab Fowler. I have a new Canes jersey and an old small one that barely fits. Thinking of getting Sutter on the new one. Kinda want to get Brind'Amour on the back of the old one, sort of as a tribute, but I don't think I want to pay for that lettering :laugh: Maybe I'll go with Cole, Ruutu, Staal or Ward is much more cost effective!

dmonk 05-29-2010 09:47 PM

Bump!

the date is quickly approaching, and i hope we are still going to meet somewhere for a drink.

DaveG 05-30-2010 12:19 PM

I'm still down for it. Up to you guys as to where.

What was the name of that place we caught the Canes-Panthers game at last season in downtown Raleigh? They had the trivia and all that.

dmonk 05-30-2010 01:23 PM

It is called Tobacco Road
http://tobaccoroadsportscafe.com/about/index.html

What are the chances they'll put the draft on?

DaveG 06-08-2010 04:33 PM

Sounds like the Canes are throwing an official draft part in Raleigh at Rudinos.

No clue on Tobacco Road. I'm going to ask one of my friends who's a manager at Tyler's if they will have it on or can put it on.

Denzil 06-08-2010 06:11 PM

I'm in if we got a location!

Guy 06-09-2010 09:19 AM

I'm probably gonna pass on a draft party. Outside of our pick(s), I can't really get hyped up to watch hours of draft coverage.

AcidQueen 06-14-2010 08:22 AM

Still in. Will need a carpool from the Containment Area, but I'm still in.

DaveG 06-14-2010 03:12 PM

I think we're going to set things up at the Canes official draft party at Rudinos. Tyler's that night would cost a bit more to reserve their back room then I was hoping for.

DaveG 06-24-2010 10:29 PM

I hate to impose, but with my work schedule I won't be able to get there until about 7:30 if not a bit later. Would anyone mind getting there early to get a table for about 6 or so for the draft party?

dmonk 06-25-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 26482258)
I hate to impose, but with my work schedule I won't be able to get there until about 7:30 if not a bit later. Would anyone mind getting there early to get a table for about 6 or so for the draft party?

I'll try to get there earlier. Are you sure we need a table for six? Past experience shows that having 3 people to show up is a great success. :)

DaveG 06-25-2010 09:10 AM

haha, true enough, but I figure there's another person that's likely coming with me and worst case we can just give another table a chair or two if we have too many.

DaveG 06-25-2010 05:33 PM

if you guys are still waiting to head out, don't. They wouldn't let Dmonk get a table without the entire party being there so we're kindof SOL on this one. If you can't find us and don't get a chance to read this, I apologize in advance. He's on his way back to his place and I'm likely headed back to mine.

tarheelhockey 06-26-2010 02:14 PM

Just curious if anyone went to the official draft party and witnessed the reaction to the Skinner pick.