HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Are you the 7th man? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76187)

Brisson11 05-05-2004 08:29 PM

Are you the 7th man?

So, are you the greatest habs fan? I'm interested in seeing what you guys have done and given up this season to support this team.

Many of us have given up lots to watch games, get autographs etc.. but lets hear it straight from you guys why you should get the 7th man of the year award, which goes to the most dedicated fan out there...

Here's a young girl who got picked from the habs for the 7th kid of the year award:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3764

She thinks she is all that, well guess what!? I know us HFboards habs fans are more godlike fans than her, so prove it now!!! :banana:

I should win the 7th man award because:
- I watched 99 percent of games played this year
- I wear my Jersey to school and take stupid insults from leafs, sens and other hockey fanatics
- My room is drenched in habs stuff
- I have turned down soccer practices, going to rinks, and other such things to see a habs game
- I have survived(without injuries) being around a leafs fan trying to brain wash me into his teams system

Last but not least:

- I eat, sleep(and even dream about habs), AND live THE MONTREAL CANADIENS!!!

Vicious 05-05-2004 08:32 PM

I lost my job because I skipped 5 nights in 2 weeks..

Brisson11 05-05-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious

YES!! That's good stuff...errr well not about losing your job but thats shows you have your priorities set!!! ;)

Keep them comming habs fans...

Vicious 05-05-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisson11
YES!! That's good stuff...errr well not about losing your job but thats shows you have your priorities set!!! ;)

Keep them comming habs fans...

Yeah, I'm now broke :( I used the money I had to buy Habs jersey and hat. weeee

Belarus Rocket 05-05-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

give this guy a beer :cheers:

chicpea* 05-05-2004 08:47 PM

I gave up a date with a very cute girl so I could watch game 6 against the Bruins. Luckily, we won so it was worth it. :) Oh, and I grew a horrendous moustache and was generally laughed at around campus. No sweat, eh? Some punk gives up a trip to Disneyland? Give me a break. I've also destroyed two stereos over the years and even cut my thumb pretty badly once. "Waited in the rain to get autographs?" What a joke. I spent 200 dollars once for a bus ticket just to get to watch the Habs on TV.

Belarus Rocket 05-05-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
I gave up a date with a very cute girl so I could watch game 6 against the Bruins. Luckily, we won so it was worth it. :)

an here we go for the beer again :cheers:

Madevilz 05-05-2004 09:21 PM

obviously she did not write that essay by herself :D

Urban Shakedown 05-05-2004 09:21 PM

I shaved the CH logo into my pubic hair. :yo:

Mooch 05-05-2004 09:23 PM

I did nothing, absolutely, nothing.:eek:

Shoot me, kill me, ban me, do what you must, because i have failed all that call themselves Hab fans......... :D

Brisson11 05-05-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch

Shoot me, kill me, ban me, do what you must, because i have failed all that call themselves Hab fans......... :D

lol who am i kidding, we are lazy fans... but we are still godlike :D

Brisebois 05-06-2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch

Shoot me, kill me, ban me, do what you must, because i have failed all that call themselves Hab fans.........

You should be banned from posting on this thread, Mooch. Instead of watching a possibly-deciding game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you selfishly took a test at EXACTLY the time of the game. :mad: ;)

Here are my reasons for being the 7th man this season for the Montreal Canadiens.

-I haven't shaved since the Canadiens made the playoffs (of '97. I'm an orthodox Rabbi you know).
-I wore my Canadiens jersey to the synagogue on YOM KIPPUR (that's before the pre-season even started!)
-The president of the synagogue threw me out of the synagogue on YOM KIPPUR for wearing a canadiens jersey... and I'm the Rabbi.
-Then my jersey ripped when a Leaf fan who lives near my synagogue attacked me (he was old enough to be Mcphee's Grandfather :eek: ).

For the above reasons, and because since I finish every sermon with the words 'to you with flailing hands we pass the torch be yours to hold it high' (then I usually launch into an a cappella version of the Canadiens goal song which includes 'le tire et le but!'), I think I should be nominated as the 7th man.

Lafleur's reason for being nominated as the 7th man is because 'I played NHL '96 on the computer last night, and used the Canadiens, and won the game.' :shakehead

Raider917 05-06-2004 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisson11
lol who am i kidding, we are lazy fans... but we are still godlike :D

ive recorded the score of every game and trade/waive or callup in a day by day calendar for this year. it also has game notes for some games like "Theodores 1st career playoff SHO" for game 7 in boston series.

Natural Habs Fan 05-06-2004 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisebois
You should be banned from posting on this thread, Mooch. Instead of watching a possibly-deciding game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you selfishly took a test at EXACTLY the time of the game. :mad: ;)

Here are my reasons for being the 7th man this season for the Montreal Canadiens.

-I haven't shaved since the Canadiens made the playoffs (of '97. I'm an orthodox Rabbi you know).
-I wore my Canadiens jersey to the synagogue on YOM KIPPUR (that's before the pre-season even started!)
-The president of the synagogue threw me out of the synagogue on YOM KIPPUR for wearing a canadiens jersey... and I'm the Rabbi.
-Then my jersey ripped when a Leaf fan who lives near my synagogue attacked me (he was old enough to be Mcphee's Grandfather :eek: ).

For the above reasons, and because since I finish every sermon with the words 'to you with flailing hands we pass the torch be yours to hold it high' (then I usually launch into an a cappella version of the Canadiens goal song which includes 'le tire et le but!'), I think I should be nominated as the 7th man.

Lafleur's reason for being nominated as the 7th man is because 'I played NHL '96 on the computer last night, and used the Canadiens, and won the game.' :shakehead

I would call you the 6th & a half man ;)

Brisebois 05-06-2004 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I would call you the 6th & a half man ;)

Hey NHF, you know I don't like those nasty references to the fact that I'm the circumcised one of the board.:rant:

Lafleur reminded me that chicpea may also be circumcised. We can not be too sure with this man. :teach:

Catala 05-06-2004 01:30 AM

Well, i will never reach the level of some "hardcore fan" on those boards, but i think i can be the 8th man....

here's why:

- I defend every single habs' player when i'm at work, University, between friend, or between unfriendly compagny. (yes i even defend Ribeiro at times ;) and defended Traverse... yes even Traverse when the poor guy was getting trashed from everyone in the city... :help: )
- I found a way to skip both university and work for every single games of the playoffs involving the habs... Thanks to my managing position at work that made it easier... :blush:
- if anyone in a radius of 5 miles speacks badly of Koivu, i run to him and after asking him/her kindly what they just said, i beat verbaly the crap out of them...( physicaly if needed :eek: ) and believe me, i can argue a lot when it comes to my favorite player in the NHL.
- i destroyed the door of my living room when Boston scored in OT on the "Kovalev's slash play"
- and what i believe makes us all hab's fans in here; i can cry of pain or joy depending if we won or lost a playoff game. ( in regular season, i'm just pissed/happy the next day of a loss/win )

Go habs GO !!!

YEMELIN74 05-06-2004 05:38 AM

i told my girlfriend no i don't to have sex because im watching hockey
:)

Gros Bill 05-06-2004 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenixTX
i told my girlfriend no i don't to have sex because im watching hockey
:)

Sheesh. What's her problem? Hasn't she ever heard "He shoots! He scooooores!"?

Anksun 05-06-2004 10:16 AM

I made service in a "Vernissage d'exposition" (dont know how i could say that in english), well maybe opening night in a art galerie?

And I made a special design for the wine table by writing HABS with the red wines cups with the remaining of the table full of white wine. Pretty good result and why i have not lost my job this time is beyong me :D

chicpea* 05-06-2004 11:17 AM

Quote:

Lafleur reminded me that chicpea may also be circumcised. We can not be too sure with this man. :teach:

Well, after your initial stirring speech and sage advice, I trekked down to my local Mohel fully aware of the risks and benefits of the procedure. It took me a while to get there because, oddly, he was located in the industrial section of town, but upon arriving and after a quick 'debriefing' he informed me that I didn't meet the minimum requirements. I don't know what this means precisely, but I have a suspicion that my self-confidence should probably be bruised :dunno:
I'll try again when I switch schools in the coming year.

Oh, and you'd get my 7th man award simply for having the moral fortitude to detain that syphilitic lunatic in your basement all year.

Natural Habs Fan 05-06-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Hey NHF, you know I don't like those nasty references to the fact that I'm the circumcised one of the board.:rant:

:innocent:

mcphee 05-06-2004 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=Brisebois]You should be banned from posting on this thread, Mooch. Instead of watching a possibly-deciding game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you selfishly took a test at EXACTLY the time of the game. :mad: ;)

Frankly, you're the most unorthodox Rabbi, I could ever imagine, a fact i'm sure you're quite proud of. I gave up sex during the playoffs.

Actually it was the 93 playoffs and my wife seemed to think it was a good idea.

Vicious 05-06-2004 01:48 PM

yeah... So, I'm the one with the biggest sacrifice, eh?

Worship me. Now.

It sucks being 18 and broke (and going to school)... HOW AM I GOING TO BUY BOOZE NOW!?! HUH!?!

Blind Gardien 05-06-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

yeah... So, I'm the one with the biggest sacrifice, eh?

I dunno. You've been without money/booze for what, a couple weeks now? It sounds like mcphee has had no sex since 1993, and has at least disowned his dad, and possibly even dismembered everybody in his family who may be carriers of the dreaded Leaf gene. I mean, it sorta depends on how one looks at it, re: the family and wife and all, but just going on face value, that has to be the bigger sacrifice? So far?
:dunno:

NWT Habs Fan 05-06-2004 04:52 PM

Okay, how about this:

I live and work in Yellowknife, NWT (thus the handle), and if you get out your atlas, that is many moons and dog sled paths from the Bell Centre. Although I travel a bit with work, I really don't have any say as to where and when my meetings will be. Given all these constraints (and they are considerable, mind you), I have been able to see seven (7) live Habs games this season in 4 different Canadian cities (I now have seen them play in every Canadian NHL city). How did I accomplish?

Game 1 - Last pre-season home game against Minny (was at a meeting in Ste Adele during the week and stayed over for a few days with my buddy to see the Friday night game before flying home on the weekend).

Games 2 and 3 - October home matchups against Detroit and NYI (was in meetings on St Sauveur that week, so drove in down the highway after work to watch the game, and then drove back up to my hotel after the game).

Game 4 - November in Vancouver - was attending a three day course in Vancouver and trundled through the rain from my hotel to attend.

Game 5 - November in Calgary - took a short pit stop on my way home from Vancouver, at my cost, to see the game in Cowtown.

Game 6 - Heritage Classic - you didn't think I would miss this one did you? I didn't have a ticket, but took one last pit stop on my way home to Yellowknife, found an actual hotel room (they were hard to come by) and went by park and ride to Commonwealth WITHOUT a ticket. Found some guy selling a single ticket, scooped it, and the rest is history. Hooked up with friends afterwards to wallow in the joy of this experience.

Game 7 - Round Two 2004 Playoffs vs Tampa, rented a car from Ottawa (where I was on business), drove alone to Montreal, saw the game, and then drove back to my hotel and work.

That's just the games, I have also started a Habs Fan Club here in Yellowknife where a few of us go to various local establishments and watch the boys on the big screen all season. We tried to get out to a game a week, or one every two weeks if folks were travelling. Most of us don't have RDS or satellite, so it sure beats one game on Saturday night.

I also bought my wife and I a Heritage Classic tuque each, and I supported the NHLPA Charity auction on eBay by buying a red Vintage game worn jersey that Andrei Markov wore this season in a game against the Leafs.

Am I in the running yet? ;)