HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Biggest Dissapointment of the 2nd Round? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76196)

chris_dub 05-05-2004 09:04 PM

Biggest Dissapointment of the 2nd Round?

Who was the biggest dissapointment of the 2nd Round?

Douggy 05-05-2004 09:07 PM

Everybody on the Avalanche not named Sakic

John Flyers Fan 05-05-2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_dub
Who was the biggest dissapointment of the 2nd Round?

Detroit forwards, other than draper.
Forsberg & Hejduk
The "Sky Line"
McCabe & Leetch
The Habs

Ensane 05-05-2004 09:12 PM

The Colorado Avalanche as a whole. Aebischer is the only one who should possibly be exempt of any blame, but other than him...nope.

Burnaby_Joe* 05-05-2004 09:57 PM

What a dissapointment. :banghead:

guinness 05-05-2004 10:02 PM

Colorado

I will mention Detroit, but I've come to the realization that age has finally caught up with a handful of them.

leafaholix* 05-05-2004 10:04 PM

Colorado, Detroit, and Montreal.

guinness 05-05-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix

Why Montreal?

sparkplug 05-05-2004 10:06 PM

Forsberg, Hejduk, Ribiero

Burnaby_Joe* 05-05-2004 10:06 PM

I'd have to say Colorado, Detroit, and Toronto were dissapointments. All 3 of these teams had depth coming out the ying yang, but it didn't work out. I picked Colorado because that's my team and I'm so pissed off right now, but any of these 3 teams is a good choice. :dunno:

Burnaby_Joe* 05-05-2004 10:08 PM

I want to know where the hell Datsyuk was in the playoffs? :dunno: I was expecting amazing things from this guy. Oh well, he's only what 25? He still has a lot of years left in him.

Remember the breakaway on Turco? :shakehead SICKENING

Malakhov 05-05-2004 10:15 PM

I'd like to know how Montreal was a disapointment, no one thought they'd make the second round this year.

Burnaby_Joe* 05-05-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov
I'd like to know how Montreal was a disapointment, no one thought they'd make the second round this year.

That's true. I didn't think they would. :banghead:

Hellsempire 05-05-2004 11:13 PM

Toronto was a disappointment but I voted for none where a disappointment.

ehc73 05-05-2004 11:48 PM

I wasn't disappointed those big payroll teams lost.
With those teams loading up like they did at the deadline...man, that's gotta suck. For Detroit, their deadline pickups did pretty well(Lang) but the a lot of the current guys didn't show up(Shanahan, Datsyuk, Hull in the second round). Can't really blame Aeibsicher on the Avs, but he wasn't spectacular either. Basically anyone who isn't named Sakic has to wonder what the heck happened to them. Toronto loaded up to win the Cup this year...hard to think that some of these guys will be back(Francis, Nieuwendyk).

Pavel 05-05-2004 11:52 PM

I voted for the Avs, followed by Detroit.

GoRyanMalone 05-06-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix

Eat a Big Mac.

PecaFan 05-06-2004 07:01 AM

There's only one answer here. Only one of these teams lost to a lower seed.

kickice 05-06-2004 07:48 AM

without a doubt - Detroit. As much for their lack of heart and hustle than anything.

Toronto where not, as they got to the second round riding the back of Belfour. I really couldn't see that carrying on for all the playoffs. Habs where not, as they did great to get to the playoffs in the the first place, let alone win through the 1st round.

Avs where a big dissapointment in the regular season, them going out to the Sharks was no shock.

Hab-Dawgs 05-06-2004 07:59 AM

Montreal was a big dissapointment.....the question is who was a dissapointment in the second round....montreal had a good season, but were very dissapointing in the second round.........geez, they got swept, what's not dissapointing about that?
Specially when Le-F*g-el-G*y got so many points.....

Heavy D 05-06-2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness
Why Montreal?

Isn't it obvious? Any team projected by most experts to finish 12th - 14th in their conference should naturally be vying for the cup. Being swept by the first place team in the second round (after beating the second place team by rallying from a 3-1 deficit) is unforgiveable. I expect Bob Gainey to clean house. Julien will be burned in effigy in Montreal.

Seriously, the first person who can tell me why LEAFaholic (notice the caps; that's a hint) mentioned Montreal gets a loonie (that's about 74 cents American).

Hab-Dawgs 05-06-2004 08:47 AM

damn it.....i already asnwered that question.........

Sotnos 05-06-2004 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy D
Seriously, the first person who can tell me why LEAFaholic (notice the caps; that's a hint) mentioned Montreal gets a loonie (that's about 74 cents American).

I'm guessing, but I'd assume it has something to do with what his usertitle says: "Bringing it [the Cup] north".

BLONG7 05-06-2004 08:59 AM

Teams such as Colorado,Detroit,Toronto were built for the Cup, no if's ands or butts, they used their money to make sure they would be there... and well now looked what's happened.

guinness 05-06-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
Teams such as Colorado,Detroit,Toronto were built for the Cup, no if's ands or butts, they used their money to make sure they would be there... and well now looked what's happened.

Colorado and Detroit, they've got enough players that can score and good defense, and experience, you'd think they would know how to handle adversity.

But why Toronto? Every year, I hear the same things about how they're going to contend for the SC, but they usually have the same players and some glaring weakness. For the past 2 playoffs, they rode on the back of Belfour, but they don't have all the right pieces, IMO. And as long as they play Ottawa in the 1st round, they advance, but that's it. Same with Boston and Montreal, the Habs are pumped up to play the B's, but after that, they run out of gas.