HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tampa Bay Fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76284)

flyershockey81 05-06-2004 10:24 AM

Tampa Bay Fans

is it me or are they already chalking this series as a Win?

Teezax 05-06-2004 10:39 AM

let them do their talking, don't forget they were a joke of a franchise 2 years ago.

bennysflyers16 05-06-2004 11:02 AM

Let them, Toronto and NJ fans were doing the same thing. No respect still for the Flyers ??? :dunno:

swflyers8* 05-06-2004 12:02 PM

It would appear that they are a little naive. They think since the Bolts swept us in the season series, it will translate into the same result in the playoffs. Their team isn't thinking that way.
They are a young bunch and they are riding high on their team's success and that's good. However, like you guys, I am getting a little aggravated that no one wants to give the Flyers any respect.

I'm tired of hearing this and that about our team. We put out the Cup Champs, we put this Leaf teams that Barry "I'm a genius" Melrose said would come out of the East. No one is giving us any credit for losing so many guys (JR, Prims, Eric, Rags, Johnsson) and managing to beat the top teams soundly without all our star players. Everyone views the Sens, Leafs and Devils as the top of the East, where are they now? We've had no trouble with our goalie, for a change. Finally, we have a Captain who is the true meaning of the word: Leader, pacesetter, willing to sacrifice anything for this team. We have a great coach, we have a good group of guys that are young, old and in between. We got so many new guys this year and yet we had no team chemistry problems. It just p!sses me off to no end.

That being sad, the Bolts players don't hold the same view as their fans. They know it means nothing, the regular season. 1st game we lost in OT with Hackett in net and the last one we lost but Robert went out with the injured knee. This Flyers team isn't the same one from the regular season. They're better. I know it, they know it, you know it and the Bolts know it. Soon everyone else will know it.

Teezax 05-06-2004 12:07 PM

We beat Brodeur and Belfour (arguably the top 2 in the NHL) and we still get no respect. Oh well, looks like they ened to learn their lesson the hard way.

DARKSIDE 05-06-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
We beat Brodeur and Belfour (arguably the top 2 in the NHL) and we still get no respect. Oh well, looks like they ened to learn their lesson the hard way.

You want respect for your team; let them win four rounds first. You get no prizes for winning two and stop crying already, Flyers win the cup; they'll get their due! If not, they won't. Were not talking about Calgary here, the Flyers are one of the favorites and have a $60 million dollar payroll.

capn89* 05-06-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
You want respect for your team; let them win four rounds first. You get no prizes for winning two and stop crying already, Flyers win the cup; they'll get their due! If not, they won't. Were not talking about Calgary here, the Flyers are one of the favorites and have a $60 million dollar payroll.

As we all know, payroll means nothing (go ask the Rangers)... But I don't think the Flyers will get any respect even if they do hoist the Stanley Cup this year, they never have gotten respect and I don't see why this year would be any different. :dunno:

Ronnie Bass 05-06-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Let them, Toronto and NJ fans were doing the same thing. No respect still for the Flyers ??? :dunno:

When the hell did we ever do that??? We were always confident of our team but I don't recall anybody dismissing the Flyers chances and if anybody did do that they were certaintly in the minority.

DutchLeafsfan 05-06-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou is God
When the hell did we ever do that??? We were always confident of our team but I don't recall anybody dismissing the Flyers chances and if anybody did do that they were certaintly in the minority.

I'd say the same applied for the Leafs series... :dunno:

Teezax 05-06-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE

Excuse me but who placed us as one of the favorites before the playoffs started? Everyone assumed we would be out first round. We battled our butts off to get to this position, and beat two of the best clubs in the NHL in the process. Going 0-4 in the regualr season against them holds no merit to what will happen now. Let's not forget the isles had their number before the playoffs and it absolutely meant nothing. And no one here is crying, I'm sure we prefer being the underdog, all the pressure goes to the first seed to win.

Coburnfan05 05-06-2004 01:38 PM

I don'e see the harm with TB fans having great opptimisim for thier club. Besides I like being the underdog and according to Vegas we are. :)

bennysflyers16 05-06-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchLeafsfan
I'd say the same applied for the Leafs series... :dunno:

There were a few clowns saying Leafs in 5, or 6, Belfour is god, Esche is average, Icewind Dale was leading the charge. :yo:

Gert B Frobe 05-06-2004 02:29 PM

There were some morons posting during both series - they were the minority but they posted often and stupidly. I'm sure there will be some TB trolls displaying lack of knowlege and arrogance - but most will try to be objective - just the way we all do (imply sarcasm)

Hockeyfan02 05-06-2004 02:38 PM

I am certainly not chalking this series up as a win and I dont think anyone should be from any fanbase of the 2 conference finals series. This is going to be one hell of a series and has a good chance of going 7. Regular season success doesnt mean jack right now because it is 0-0 and the Lightning are thinking the same thing. Good luck and I'm looking forward to what could be a great series.

CharlieGirl 05-06-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
I am certainly not chalking this series up as a win and I dont think anyone should be from any fanbase of the 2 conference finals series. This is going to be one hell of a series and has a good chance of going 7. Regular season success doesnt mean jack right now because it is 0-0 and the Lightning are thinking the same thing. Good luck and I'm looking forward to what could be a great series.

Hear Hear! :handclap:

joeminus 05-06-2004 03:03 PM

I personally haven't seen evidence of any TB fans taking this one for granted, but I'll take your word for it. Whoever those fans are, they're naive. This will be the Bolts' toughest test of the season so far. I think they're up for it, but that doesn't make it a given and it certainly doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

DARKSIDE 05-06-2004 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
As we all know, payroll means nothing (go ask the Rangers)... But I don't think the Flyers will get any respect even if they do hoist the Stanley Cup this year, they never have gotten respect and I don't see why this year would be any different. :dunno:

What I'm saying is that the Flyers don't get a pat on the back for winning two rounds, Calgary might, since there a low budget team that hasn't made the playoffs in seven years, while the Flyers are perennial contenders with a large budget. Money might not buy you the cup, however, it allowed Clark to make numerous trades this year and in prior ones. You won't get sympathy from me being a Devils fan, but your team wins the cup and I'm the first give kudos!

ObeySteve 05-06-2004 04:34 PM

Personally, I can't blame the Lightning.

A month ago, everyone was laughing at the idea of Tampa being a serious contender for hoisting the Cup this year, and now they're one of the favorites.

I'd be laughing at the opposition if the Flyers were in the same situation.

Sotnos 05-06-2004 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeminus
I personally haven't seen evidence of any TB fans taking this one for granted, but I'll take your word for it.

I have to assume he's been reading the offical TBL message board. Kids and puckbunnies, pay those people no mind, please. :shakehead

Only "sweep" prediction I've seen on these boards was from your side, not ours.

CNote 05-06-2004 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
I don'e see the harm with TB fans having great opptimisim for thier club. Besides I like being the underdog and according to Vegas we are. :)

...are we really the underdog in Vegas? That's awesome!! I say let the TBay fans talk some trash....they've sat around quietly while their expansion brother Senators have been ripping up the league for a few years now...it's their turn to get a taste. That being said.......GO FLYERS GO!!

-cnote-

The best news is I'll get a good seat at the bar Saturday afternoon...lol. :handclap:

The Ghost of Kffk 05-06-2004 08:10 PM

You have to give the lightning there due.... same as the Sharks. Extremely Underated but then again....so are the flyers.

FearTheFlyers 05-06-2004 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ghost of Kffk
You have to give the lightning there due.... same as the Sharks. Extremely Underated but then again....so are the flyers.

The ghost of KffK?? :lol

The Ghost of Kffk 05-06-2004 08:25 PM

:dunno: shh

FearTheFlyers 05-06-2004 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ghost of Kffk
:dunno: shh

Are you KffK?

Rschmitz 05-06-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyershockey81
is it me or are they already chalking this series as a Win?

huh? :dunno:

its just you