HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   On the Radio: UPDATE: Theodore will talk in scrums to Montreal journalists (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=762958)

Erik Estrada 04-13-2010 06:50 AM

UPDATE: Theodore will talk in scrums to Montreal journalists

Per Bob Hartley on CKAC

Jose Theodore refuses to talk to all Montreal Journalists during the whole series except for François Gagnon from La Presse.

UPDATE by François Gagnon on CKAC:

Theodore will talk in scrums to Montreal journalists. Says there was a misunderstanding. He denies having an exclusivity agreement with Theodore.

Regarding the Plekanec affair, he defended the accuracy of the Plekanec quote and stands by the story.

Myron Gaines* 04-13-2010 06:51 AM

I think it's wonderful...I think this might be the most beautiful day in montreal history. Well done for those ****ers.

Davebo 04-13-2010 06:56 AM

Awesome - good for you Jose! :handclap:

They've reaped what they've sown. Here's hoping all athletes start doing the same. Then maybe they'll start doing proper journalism, and show some respect to those they are constantly slagging off.

Brisk-Illusion 04-13-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davebo (Post 25128881)

They've reaped what they've sown. Here's hoping all athletes start doing the same. Then maybe they'll start doing proper journalism, and show some respect to those they are constantly slagging off.

Part of a professional athlete's job is dealing with journalists.

They get paid such high salaries in large part because of media coverage, and shunning them is effectively biting the hand that feeds them.

macavoy 04-13-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davebo (Post 25128881)

+1

I actually respect theo for doing this.

Perrah 04-13-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion (Post 25128928)

They get paid such high salaries in large part because of media coverage, and shunning them is effectively biting the hand that feeds them.

Being a journalist should require some integrity, hanging outside a guys house to see if he is faking an injury is ridiculous. Im sure theodore wanted to give them the big **** you before this.

Habs 4 Life 04-13-2010 07:08 AM

Good for him,the rest of the Capitals should ignore them too

Davebo 04-13-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

I'm sure when Montreal gets some of your so called journalists, then Jose will talk to them. After all, I'm pretty sure he meets his obligations in other cities.

Maybe the media outlets in Montreal should look into hiring some proper journalists? You know - pros who like to report accurately, and know to keep thier personal bias out of the story?

Habitant#1 04-13-2010 07:15 AM

Good. It's about time someone stands up to the horde.

Why Gagnon though!?

Brisk-Illusion 04-13-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davebo (Post 25128955)
I'm sure when Montreal gets some of your so called journalists, then Jose will talk to them. After all, I'm pretty sure he meets his obligations in other cities.

Maybe the media outlets in Montreal should look into hiring some proper journalists? You know - pros who like to report accurately, and know to keep thier personal bias out of the story?

Journalists report on what people are interested in, not on what they should be. If people didn't care about players' privates lives, journalists wouldn't report on them.

Coldplay 04-13-2010 07:31 AM

Gagnon is a bit of a moron too, though not to the extent of the rest. Maybe I just don't like the guy for his Habs bash-fests.

Good on Jose though, it's time these "journalists" were treated how they deserve...hopefully others follow suit.

Beaker 04-13-2010 07:42 AM

Hah, Theo, so sensitive. Can not wait for game 3.

hototogisu 04-13-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately Montreal doesn't have journalists, it has bloodsuckers.

Jiggernaut 04-13-2010 08:10 AM

Good. It already shows we're in his head.

loudi94 04-13-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

I believe he is dealing with the journalists. The Montreal media treated him very well at a point in his career. After he started to slide, the media was horrible to him. Why should he forget that? He owes the Montreal media nothing. He will still speak with the Washington media and you can bet he will talk to the TSN media as well. I wish the Habs would designate a "do not talk to" list.

Davebo 04-13-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion (Post 25129011)
Journalists report on what people are interested in, not on what they should be. If people didn't care about players' privates lives, journalists wouldn't report on them.

So, you're saying there's something wrong with the people in Montreal. Gotcha. Not a wise statement, but that's your prerogative.

Because the type of juvenile journalism that occurs in Montreal doesn't happen elsewhere. And you say it's the peoples fault. Hmmm... :amazed:

Le Tricolore 04-13-2010 08:22 AM

Can Hab players do the same?

Jee 04-13-2010 08:24 AM

so... his confidence is weak. great news for us.

DeVries* 04-13-2010 08:26 AM

Can Latendresse to the same please?

Westfall18 04-13-2010 08:27 AM

Maybe I'm wrong maybe i'm right but isn't the Montreal press notorious for fueling the fires for players to be run out of town? Good for Jose...

HabsUnited 04-13-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jee (Post 25129568)
so... his confidence is weak. great news for us.

I agree, it reeks of lack of confidence to speak only to the guy who constantly sucked up to Theo even when he was terrible. Gagnon would get ridiculed over and over on the Team 990 for defending Theo but he never let up, knowing he'd reap the rewards later.

jiboy 04-13-2010 08:35 AM

good job by theo

nothing to do with his confidence or whatever

just shows the guy maybe has a head on his shoulders..

journalists in montreal are mostly idiots and its great that he recognizes that
they act like showbizz journalists and really they do not care much about the accuracy of what they say

its all about making something happen out of nothing and riding the wave..when a player is hot you just hype him like he'S god and when he has a bad streak you bring him down like he was some kind of traitor to the city

that's bad I dislike that

props to theo and if you are a journalist and you just spew ******** all day long you dont have my respect..god knows some of them are alright but a lot are just retarded human beings who would not be able to sustain 1 day of media coverage

would love to see the journalist under the spotlight..to have us watch every moves they do..every thing they say in their real life..to know every stupid stuff they have done in the past

we're all human beings and some of these journatard seem to forget that..

fufonzo 04-13-2010 08:37 AM

Agreed with those who say we're already in his head. This is great. I'm really hoping he caves in from the pressure...

Turboflex* 04-13-2010 08:39 AM

As others have said..this is great knews for us, it shows Montreal is already inside his head.

HabuseMoi 04-13-2010 08:43 AM

Wow, the journalist could deal the fans a favor and harrass him a bit to get him off his game.

JOURNALIST could actually HELP the team!