HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Where will Hedberg play next season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=763448)

GoHomez 04-14-2010 01:19 AM

Where will Hedberg play next season?

Hi, fan from Sweden here.
Just wanted to ask what you guys think, has he or the Thrashers said anything?

Thanks!

Telfo 04-14-2010 07:47 AM

they have all been quiet aside from him saying he wants to continue playing. i wouldnt be surprised if we re-signed him, but far from a sure thing

orangethrasher 04-14-2010 10:10 AM

Hedberg for goalie coach?

ThrasherMinion 04-14-2010 10:34 AM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...in/white_m.jpg

but don't be surprised if Dallas signs him to help Kari. He was there once and did OK.

Lux Aurumque* 04-14-2010 11:38 AM

Steve Weeks was fired today. Hedberg made his statements about wanting to continue playing when he was playing the best hockey of his career early in the year. However, he really, really fell off in the last few months.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him become goalie coach.

GoHomez 04-14-2010 03:36 PM

OK, thanks!

Well, his former Swedish team is in a bit of a rough spot and he just built a new "decent" house so he might return to Sweden as well.
There might be some interest in the SEL if he cant get a gig with an NHL team. I doubt he hangs em up and start coaching at some level in NA, but you never know.

Thanks again.

KevFist 04-14-2010 03:43 PM

The only problem with Hedberg is his age. Based on past performance, I'm inclined to believe this year was a fluke. Atlanta has a real need to head towards youth, and bringing in a true starter to bring Pavelec along should be a priority. Someone like a Price or Mason or such should be the way to go.

I could see Johan going home to Sweden for a couple more years before becoming an NHL goalie coach.

GoHomez 04-14-2010 04:01 PM

Yeah, he is probably on his last leg. Most Swede had probably written him off, at least the GM of the national team had, thats why he wasnt included in the preliminary squad and thus not eligible for the Olympics.

He could probably play a few years in Sweden, fewer games, less travel and less intense game. Plus, his goaltending style has probably given him a couple of extra years, seems to be easier on knees and thighs.

Tommy Hawk 04-14-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneel (Post 25163280)
The only problem with Hedberg is his age. Based on past performance, I'm inclined to believe this year was a fluke. Atlanta has a real need to head towards youth, and bringing in a true starter to bring Pavelec along should be a priority. Someone like a Price or Mason or such should be the way to go.

I could see Johan going home to Sweden for a couple more years before becoming an NHL goalie coach.

Turco???

ThrasherMinion 04-14-2010 08:40 PM

no way Turco. No different than Hedberg except the guys like playing for Moose. I say Dudley goes hard after Vokoun.

Also make a run at Marleau after San Jose crumbles in the playoffs.

What if New Jersey dumps out in round 1?? Do we offer Kovy a smaller contract to come back and help this team win with a real coach?

DoomMF 04-14-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen Kane (Post 25157395)
Steve Weeks was fired today. Hedberg made his statements about wanting to continue playing when he was playing the best hockey of his career early in the year. However, he really, really fell off in the last few months.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him become goalie coach.

I didn't think he played all that terribly at the end.

He was 5-6-1 in his last 12 starts.

He shutout Pitt, and a Carolina team that was playing some great hockey at the end of the year. The only duds he had were against the Rangers and Bruins and nobody showed up for that Boston game.