HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Offers for Todd Bertuzzi... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76349)

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 03:37 PM

Offers for Todd Bertuzzi...

Just curious what you guys would offer the Canucks for Todd Bertuzzi? I'm not saying the Canucks should trade Bertuzzi, but if he comes back playing like he did last season, I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him. But after the "incident", I fully expect Bertuzzi to come back with something to prove, playing more like the 2001-03 versions of Bertuzzi. Anyway, what would you offer? Keep in mind, the Canucks would have no use for picks/prospects, quality NHL'ers who can contribute now would be the asking price. Biggest needs, playoff goaltender, physical defenseman, physical scoring forward to help replace loss of Bertuzzi. Offer away!

Burnaby_Joe* 05-06-2004 03:49 PM

This is gonna get ugly quick. To tell you the honest truth, I wouldn't want the guy on my team. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I wouldn't know what to give up for Bertuzzi.

BIGTRAIN* 05-06-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Just curious what you guys would offer the Canucks for Todd Bertuzzi? I'm not saying the Canucks should trade Bertuzzi, but if he comes back playing like he did last season, I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him. But after the "incident", I fully expect Bertuzzi to come back with something to prove, playing more like the 2001-03 versions of Bertuzzi. Anyway, what would you offer? Keep in mind, the Canucks would have no use for picks/prospects, quality NHL'ers who can contribute now would be the asking price. Biggest needs, playoff goaltender, physical defenseman, physical scoring forward to help replace loss of Bertuzzi. Offer away!

Bertuzzi should fech at lest one of them but with that suspension hanging over his head team will try to low ball vancouver >> Your best bet for a trading partner in from the eastern conference but I see problems >> He would be a good fit for Ottawa but would they part with the player necessary to aquire him that is the question >>

VAN-HAB 05-06-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Jose Theodore?

Jeffrey 05-06-2004 04:38 PM

Theodore,Souray,3rd pick+(Dagenais :lol )
for
Bertuzzi,Allen
?

Reaper45 05-06-2004 04:57 PM

Before his whole incident, I would've offered Norstrom.

Now, I don't know.

Chimaera 05-06-2004 05:01 PM

Quote:

Are we assuming he isn't going to be out for a while?

As a Caps fan, I wouldn't see a use for him.

Though, minus that incident, i Think he's a heck of a player at times.

Cerebral 05-06-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45

Now, I don't know.

Norstrom is a great defensive d-man but I don't think his value is anywhere near what Bertuzzi's was pre-incident. I don't even think it's close after this recent suspension..

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45

Now, I don't know.

Well, you would've been turned down...perhaps the most dominating forward in the NHL for a solid, defensive d-man, not likely. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryoptix
Theodore,Souray,3rd pick+(Dagenais )
for
Bertuzzi,Allen

Hmm, that's interesting, I don't see the Canucks trading Allen any time soon though. Do you think Montreal would have any interest in Dan Cloutier and/or Brent Sopel? If the Canucks acquired Theodore and Souray, that would mean Cloutier and Sopel would likely be on the way out of Vancouver(Cloutier anyway). I'm probably way off as I don't really know the Habs' needs, but what about this blockbuster?

To Montreal

Todd Bertuzzi
Dan Cloutier
Brent Sopel

To Montreal

Jose Theodore
Richard Zednik
Sheldon Souray

:dunno:

Salaries aren't far off, slight edge to Vancouver(perhaps the Canucks could add something?).

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimaera
Are we assuming he isn't going to be out for a while?

Well, personally, I would only deal Bertuzzi if he doesn't show any signs early in the year(if he's reinstated) of his play from two and three seasons ago. If he's on and off like last year, I would consider trading him. Hopefully the suspension has woken him up and lit a fire under his arse.

Quote:

As a Caps fan, I wouldn't see a use for him.

Though, minus that incident, i Think he's a heck of a player at times.
I don't expect any of the re-building clubs to have interest. I would expect a lot of playoff teams to have interest, especially Eastern teams(Toronto, Boston, Philly, Monteal, Ottawa, Rangers).

VAN-HAB 05-06-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Well, you would've been turned down...perhaps the most dominating forward in the NHL for a solid, defensive d-man, not likely. :)

Hmm, that's interesting, I don't see the Canucks trading Allen any time soon though. Do you think Montreal would have any interest in Dan Cloutier and/or Brent Sopel? If the Canucks acquired Theodore and Souray, that would mean Cloutier and Sopel would likely be on the way out of Vancouver(Cloutier anyway). I'm probably way off as I don't really know the Habs' needs, but what about this blockbuster?

To Montreal

Todd Bertuzzi
Dan Cloutier
Brent Sopel

To Montreal

Jose Theodore
Richard Zednik
Sheldon Souray

Salaries aren't far off, slight edge to Vancouver(perhaps the Canucks could add something?).

even better:
Bertuzzi and Jovo for Theo, Zednik and Hainsey.

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
even better:
Bertuzzi and Jovo for Theo, Zednik and Hainsey.

I really doubt both Jovo and Bertuzzi are dealt, one or the other probably, at least if the Canucks aren't getting an NHL ready top 4 d-man in return. Is the deal I proposed even close or would the Habs not consider it?

GSG #18 05-06-2004 05:48 PM

A question: Can Bert play left wing as effectively as he can right wing? If so, I'd be willing to make an offer for him from the Sens (and we have some nice stuff to offer, IMO).

EroCaps 05-06-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

TO VAN: Kolzig, Zubrus, Cutta, and a 1st rd pick (29th).

TO WSH: Bertuzzi

VAN-HAB 05-06-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

I really doubt both Jovo and Bertuzzi are dealt, one or the other probably, at least if the Canucks aren't getting an NHL ready top 4 d-man in return. Is the deal I proposed even close or would the Habs not consider it?

Probably not:
Theo=Bert
Zed>Clouts
Souray>Sopel

Mathieu Lavergne 05-06-2004 05:50 PM

Nucks fan please stop including Brent Sopel in your trade proposals with the Habs, he is exactly what we don't need on this team. The opponents could almost read a book in front of the crease right now and you are offering a Sopel/Souray swap? We don't need another Brisebois on this team, to take out our most physical defenceman for Sopel makes zero sense.

Theodore & Zednik for Bertuzzi & Cloutier is a good start and is a close deal IMO.

Souray doesn't own a very high value because of his injury history and will not be traded anytime soon. Cloutier holds little to no value from an Habs perspective but would be splitting time with Garon. I don't say another prospect is ready to step in but we all know what the NHL market for goaltenders looks like.

monster_bertuzzi 05-06-2004 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSG #18
A question: Can Bert play left wing as effectively as he can right wing? If so, I'd be willing to make an offer for him from the Sens (and we have some nice stuff to offer, IMO).

Nope. He grew up as a centre in junior and in his early days with Long Island. Of course now he plays RW but I dont think he's ever played LW before, unless it was to double shift or fill in for injury's.

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSG #18

He hasn't played much LW for the past three years because Naslund feels more comfortable on RW. But Bertuzzi was a LW'er before that and played well. I would say he's better on RW though.

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Nope. He grew up as a centre in junior and in his early days with Long Island. Of course now he plays RW but I dont think he's ever played LW before, unless it was to double shift or fill in for injury's.

Huh? Bertuzzi has only been permanately on RW for the past 3 years or so. Before that he played LW, even at times with Naslund. They switched positions about 3 years ago and have been great ever since. Hell, Bertuzzi received a tonne of votes as a LW'er for the first team all-star 3 years ago. Bertuzzi has played a lot of LW in his career.

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
Nucks fan please stop including Brent Sopel in your trade proposals with the Habs, he is exactly what we don't need on this team. The opponents could almost read a book in front of the crease right now and you are offering a Sopel/Souray swap? We don't need another Brisebois on this team, to take out our most physical defenceman for Sopel makes zero sense.

I didn't think the Habs would want Sopel, but just checking. ;)

Quote:

Theodore & Zednik for Bertuzzi & Cloutier is a good start and is a close deal IMO.

I could probably live with that.

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EroCaps
TO VAN: Kolzig, Zubrus, Cutta, and a 1st rd pick (29th).

TO WSH: Bertuzzi

Hmm, I like Kolzig, but he's too old to be the principle in a Bertuzzi deal IMO. He only has two years left and then he could be gone. What would the Caps want for Kolzig though? I'd rather have him than Theodore.

X0ssbar 05-06-2004 06:56 PM

To Canucks:
1st round pick (4th overall) this year
3rd round pick next year

To CBJ:
Bertuzzi

Hey - the guy made a mistake but he is a heckuva talent and young at 28. I'd be willing to give him a fresh start.

Peter Griffin 05-06-2004 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Shelf
To Canucks:
1st round pick (4th overall) this year
3rd round pick next year

To CBJ:
Bertuzzi

Hey - the guy made a mistake but he is a heckuva talent and young at 28. I'd be willing to give him a fresh start.

Canucks have no need for draft picks. Besides, when the Sens traded Yashin, they got more then that. Bertuzzi's value is arguably higher then a holdout in Yashin...

Reaper45 05-06-2004 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral
Norstrom is a great defensive d-man but I don't think his value is anywhere near what Bertuzzi's was pre-incident. I don't even think it's close after this recent suspension..

Not saying that is all I would offer, that would just be a start.

DINO22CICCARELLI 05-06-2004 09:53 PM

Quote:

To Montreal

Todd Bertuzzi
Dan Cloutier
Brent Sopel

To Montreal

Jose Theodore
Richard Zednik
Sheldon Souray

MAN YOU BETTER WATCH IT>>>> IF THE D.E.A. FINDS YOU W/ WHAT YOUR SMOKING YOU CAN GOTO JAIL 5-10>>>>JUST A SLIGHT EDGE TO VANCOUVER THEODORE-CLOUTIER EDGE THEODORE SOURAY-SOPEL EDGE SOURAY THE ONLY EDGE FOR MONTREAL IS BERTUZZI(IF HE EVER PLAYS AGAIN)
SO PUT THE PIPE AWAY & ASK YOURSELF MR GM OF THE HABS----WOULD YOU DO THAT TRADE? IF YOU DO YOU WOULD HAVE THE SHORTEST STINT AS A GM IN SPORTS HISTORY!!!!