HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "Orange Crush" set for Game Three of Conference Finals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76511)

Toonces 05-07-2004 11:07 AM

"Orange Crush" set for Game Three of Conference Finals

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1603.asp

Quote:

“As fans become Cup Crazy throughout the region, we’re encouraging everyone to show their support and wear orange on game days and at our games,” said Flyers Vice President of Marketing and Communications Shawn Tilger. “We want to create the ultimate home ice advantage with the Orange Crush.”
Ok, slightly unorigional, but still a good idea.

Only problem I see is that most of the old Orange road jerseys have been retired. This would have been easier to do if they wern't using those Black ones.

I guess the alternate jersey works.

capn89* 05-07-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1603.asp

Ok, slightly unorigional, but still a good idea.

Only problem I see is that most of the old Orange road jerseys have been retired. This would have been easier to do if they wern't using those Black ones.

I guess the alternate jersey works.

A lot of people still own the old orange ones, and a lot of people have the new orange ones... double the trouble ;) Plus, they do the "red sea" in Calgary, and last game I saw most of the fans were wearing the new Red uniforms, with the Black "C" logo on the front... I just figure, if you have enough $$$ for playoff tickets, surely you have enough $$$ for a jersey... Can't wait to see what the "orange crush" looks like, should be pretty sweet. :D

Toonces 05-07-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
A lot of people still own the old orange ones, and a lot of people have the new orange ones... double the trouble ;) Plus, they do the "red sea" in Calgary, and last game I saw most of the fans were wearing the new Red uniforms, with the Black "C" logo on the front... I just figure, if you have enough $$$ for playoff tickets, surely you have enough $$$ for a jersey... Can't wait to see what the "orange crush" looks like, should be pretty sweet. :D

Yeah, if I was going I guess I'd throw on my old Podes jersey.

The "Red Sea" you speak of DOES look very sweet. It'll be nice if it translates as well for the Flyers.

paxtang 05-07-2004 12:41 PM

It'll probably end up with people busting out their old Lindros jersey.

GentlemanOfLeisure 05-07-2004 01:20 PM

or hextall :lol

The Seeker 25 05-07-2004 01:38 PM

I like the idea, but if you're gonna go with a non-original concept like "Orange Crush", why not have everyone wear black....like the current home jerseys. Then you could have the "Black Hole". Besides, as I'm sure Beer Baron will agree, the "Black Hole" is better than the "Orange Crush", anyway! ;)

capn89* 05-07-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machoking2003-04

:dunno: @ :lol

Teezax 05-07-2004 02:27 PM

Orange is the color that makes the Flyers unique in this league, while black is being covered by just about every other team. I personally would love to see the wachovia filled with orange.

The Seeker 25 05-07-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
Orange is the color that makes the Flyers unique in this league, while black is being covered by just about every other team. I personally would love to see the wachovia filled with orange.

Sorry T....the "Black Hole" and "Orange Crush" thing have a totally different meaning for me and Baron (HINT: NFL). ;)

capn89* 05-07-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Other than the Islanders, Flyers are the only team with Orange in their color scheme... too many reds & blues in the league.

Flyers26 05-07-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
I like the idea, but if you're gonna go with a non-original concept like "Orange Crush", why not have everyone wear black....like the current home jerseys. Then you could have the "Black Hole". Besides, as I'm sure Beer Baron will agree, the "Black Hole" is better than the "Orange Crush", anyway! ;)

Orange Crush = 2 recent NFL Championships
Black Hole = ZERO since 1980 :p:

Toonces 05-07-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machoking2003-04

I'm with Capn, what's wrong with Hextall?

Toonces 05-07-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

too many reds & blues in the league.

Reds and blues are ok, but I'm really getting tired of all the black.

adurn 05-07-2004 07:07 PM

Wish I could be there to break out the '74 Vintage jersey. I love that thing. It's just so... orange.

GKJ 05-07-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Ok then, you can pay for my new Orange Flyers jersey. Got $150?

capn89* 05-07-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Reds and blues are ok, but I'm really getting tired of all the black.

Main Colored - # of Jerseys

Black - 13 Jerseys out of a possible 81 jerseys (50 colored, 31 white)

Red - 11

Blue - 14

So it's not much different between the three colors. Dallas is the only team with green uniforms now... Phoenix had their third, and before that, there was Hartford. Boston is the only team with a bold yellow that's very prominent... since Pittsburgh went to the Pee-Yellow, and St. Louis is mostly blue.

capn89* 05-07-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Ok then, you can pay for my new Orange Flyers jersey. Got $150?

Want one with a name and number or blank? Obviously you're talking about an "authentic" which is no different than a replica except for the fact that the replica doesnt have a tie-down on the back. I know a place you can get excellent quality jerseys (I have pics) customized for only $135... $60-65 not customized.

capn89* 05-07-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

I'm with Capn, what's wrong with Hextall?

That's what I was wondering... you see, unlike Lindros, most Philly fans still like Hexy :joker:

ObeySteve 05-07-2004 08:41 PM

Meh.

Orange isn't the Flyers primary color enough to be used like this, in the way that red can be used for Calgary.

capn89* 05-07-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObeySteve
Meh.

Orange isn't the Flyers primary color enough to be used like this, in the way that red can be used for Calgary.

Used to be when the black was their "third" jersey... But it's a good idea, fans of the team call them the "orange and black" so it can be used like this I think. It should be fun to see.

Green Mile 05-07-2004 11:26 PM

Hmmm, I'm not sure they would want the fans to wear black... I think the players would claim that it would distract them when the (black) puck is in the air.

The Seeker 25 05-08-2004 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Orange Crush = 2 recent NFL Championships
Black Hole = ZERO since 1980 :p:

Not that it makes that much of a difference, but the last was in 1984 vs. WASH. But hey, 4 years is 4 years! I'm sure the 1980 stands out because it was against the Beags........ :D

Yes, I am a longsuffering fan......the last championship for each of my favorite teams:

NHL: 1975 (and unfortunately was not a fan :cry: )
NFL: 1984
MLB: 1980

ObeySteve 05-08-2004 09:27 AM

I'll just be wearing my various Flyers shirts throughout the next few weeks rather than worrying about wearing orange.

GKJ 05-08-2004 09:42 AM

Quote:

Want one with a name and number or blank? Obviously you're talking about an "authentic" which is no different than a replica except for the fact that the replica doesnt have a tie-down on the back. I know a place you can get excellent quality jerseys (I have pics) customized for only $135...

jerseycity.ca does it for around that price thats where i get my jerseys from, in fact i think im getting a $50 discount there soon for spending $500 there

capn89* 05-08-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
jerseycity.ca does it for around that price thats where i get my jerseys from, in fact i think im getting a $50 discount there soon for spending $500 there

Yeah, my last order with Sports-K was over $500 and they put free shipping on everything as well as threw in a free hat :D