HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PGT: PO #3: Devils @ Flyers - April 18, 2010 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=765792)

MiamiScreamingEagles 04-19-2010 01:40 AM

PO #3: Devils @ Flyers - April 18, 2010
 
A new thread since the other is closing in on 1,000 posts.

Expired thread -- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=765095

Unstable 04-19-2010 01:48 AM

Yeah, Devils fans are posers.

Giroux tha Damaja 04-19-2010 01:54 AM

You should hear some of the stuff in their GDT. One of them said our fans were pretty much awful (in terms of not supporting the team), and I mentioned the availability of Devils tickets for $9 on stubhub and suggested he not pick that particular fight. They pretty much told me to "get the **** out". Kind of funny. Some of them were cool though.

sa cyred 04-19-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am The Mush (Post 25288495)
You should hear some of the stuff in their GDT. One of them said our fans were pretty much awful (in terms of not supporting the team), and I mentioned the availability of Devils tickets for $9 on stubhub and suggested he not pick that particular fight. They pretty much told me to "get the **** out". Kind of funny. Some of them were cool though.

Eh they are just mad. They will just make up excuses and other **** to make them feel better.

Hey whatever floats their boat :laugh: . We outplayed them. They should worry about the own team then *****ing about us the whole time

ILIKETURTLES08 04-19-2010 02:05 AM

They're just mad because BOOSH is styling on them

Giroux tha Damaja 04-19-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILIKETURTLES08 (Post 25288621)
They're just mad because BOOSH is styling on them

Lol at the phrase "styling on them". Haven't heard that in a while.

In fairness most of them weren't rude, just a couple. Some of them were even polite so, no big deal. In reference to what Sa Cyred said, a lot of them are concerned about the way things are looking. Some still feel alright about things.

Eech 04-19-2010 02:25 AM

What a finish! It is really nice to see Richards, Carcillo, and Giroux stepping up in the playoffs. Now if only Carter and Briere followed suit.. The PK was great but they can't afford to take so many penalties in the future. I can't wait for Tuesday's game!

dbr2 04-19-2010 02:34 AM

Isn't JL thinking about retirement? After this year?

@Hover - "You don't like it? Fine. (takes gun rack and starts to walk away; turns) You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me. I lost you two months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!"

That was one of those movies you love after you're a little older. I remember seeing it when I was younger and finding some of the lines funny. As I got older that movie was ****ing hilarious.

sobrien 04-19-2010 02:38 AM

If Carter and Briere (or just line 2 in general) can get hot, I believe this team could be unstoppable. Line 1, 3, 4 have all been great, Boosh has been great, the 4 defensemen have been great, and the bottom 2 have had their moments.

If that second line starts producing like they can, we can steamroll any team in the East, as long as we don't let the Pens psych us out.

Amateur Hour 04-19-2010 02:52 AM

Giroux just has IT -- that flare for the moment, the ability to raise his game to another level this time of year. He plays his best in the playoffs when the stakes are highest. He did it in juniors, against the Pens last season, and now he's doing it again against the Devils. We all know his skill level is through the roof, now it's only a matter of time (and putting a legitimate goal scorer on his line) before he puts it together over an entire season. I mean, he was just FLYING out there tonight. It was noticeable every time he had the puck on his stick because he'd deftly zip through the neutral zone into the offensive zone and set up shop.

Hopefully we're fortunate enough to move on and Giroux is able to put his talent on full display for a larger audience. He should be second only to Richards among forwards in ice time.

HappyKappy 04-19-2010 02:53 AM

They're finally playing the way that we've been waiting to see all year. Great game, would've been less crazy if vintage Marty hadn't shown up.

chaosof99* 04-19-2010 04:15 AM

Grilled cheese: It works.
Carcillo called his shot.

chaosof99* 04-19-2010 05:32 AM

CSN Feed:

ChumpyG 04-19-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 25289542)

Well at least we know which song needs to pimped in the GDTs from here on out:



Oh, and by the way, **** YES!!!!!!!

ChumpyG 04-19-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sobrien (Post 25288947)
If Carter and Briere (or just line 2 in general) can get hot, I believe this team could be unstoppable. Line 1, 3, 4 have all been great, Boosh has been great, the 4 defensemen have been great, and the bottom 2 have had their moments.

If that second line starts producing like they can, we can steamroll any team in the East, as long as we don't let the Pens psych us out.

Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. :nod:

But seriously, I think you're dead on with this assessment. Let's hope it happens!!

JLHockeyKnight 04-19-2010 08:06 AM

Fantastic game to go to.

Brodeur seriously kept them in the game. The Flyers dominated the 3rd and OT, and the Devils defense was just not there. Rolsten, Kovalchuk, Parise, and a few others on offense was there, but the Flyers controlled the flow and kept the pressure on for the last 23 minutes.

Gagne did not seem to want to skate, and outside of a beautiful shot that found iron, he wasn't doing much, wasn't willing to sacrifice the body like the rest of the team (see Goal Against #2), and couldn't knock down any player when he tried to play the body or check.

The guy right by me hounded Hartnell all night, and Harts was noteably frustrated at his play. I'll give him a pass this game, cause his only penalty was a concurring, and was doing a decent job digging into the corners and playing the body. He wasn't showing up on the score sheet, but he was playing a good game. His pass to Briere was fantastic considering he was being hounded a defender the whole time. Of course the guy was yelling that he should have shot, meanwhile if he had shot said guy would have yelled he should have passed to Briere. From his position, if he had shot, he would have stuffed it right into Brodeur's pads, it was a good play by Harts.

Crowd was really into it and when the cheers got going it was incredibly loud.

Giroux is so much fun to watch.

Boucher played solid, but there were moments where shots were coming by (and luckily missing the net) and he wasn't even reacting cause he couldn't see them. Even Rolsten's 1st goal got through 2 defenders and Boucher's 5 hole, cause he didn't see it. D's gotta clear a lane for Boucher to see it and make the save.

Too many penalties, but great work on even strength and they had some awesome PKs.

Most of the penalties by the Flyers were warranted, and straight textbook calls, even though the crowd disagreed. But there were still a few softies, and a missed high sticking call after Carcillo got whacked in the face in the 1st was BS. They even replayed it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

DeadPhish5858 04-19-2010 08:12 AM

Way to many penalties, your playing with fire there. But other than that they played great.

Also, Rick Tocchet on the pre and post games is awesome.

RoDu 04-19-2010 08:27 AM

Richards is 2nd in league scoring right now

phlflyer1 04-19-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 25290265)
Gagne did not seem to want to skate, and outside of a beautiful shot that found iron, he wasn't doing much, wasn't willing to sacrifice the body like the rest of the team (see Goal Against #2), and couldn't knock down any player when he tried to play the body or check.

Uh, did you miss the Flyers second goal? I'm pretty sure that was Gagne throwing his body into the defender behind the net and separating him from the puck which Carcillo picked up and passed to Richie in front.

Thats cool if you think Gagne had a bad game but I am amazed how much people overlook his generally solid two way play when he is not scoring goals.

RoDu 04-19-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlflyer1 (Post 25290403)
Uh, did you miss the Flyers second goal? I'm pretty sure that was Gagne throwing his body into the defender behind the net and separating him from the puck which Carcillo picked up and passed to Richie in front.

Thats cool if you think Gagne had a bad game but I am amazed how much people overlook his generally solid two way play when he is not scoring goals.

word

nevermore 04-19-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlflyer1 (Post 25290403)
Uh, did you miss the Flyers second goal? I'm pretty sure that was Gagne throwing his body into the defender behind the net and separating him from the puck which Carcillo picked up and passed to Richie in front.

Thats cool if you think Gagne had a bad game but I am amazed how much people overlook his generally solid two way play when he is not scoring goals.

This. Also, he was the one who kept the Devils from clearing the zone right before Carcillo's goal.

HoverCarle* 04-19-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 25288917)
Isn't JL thinking about retirement? After this year?

@Hover - "You don't like it? Fine. (takes gun rack and starts to walk away; turns) You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me. I lost you two months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!"

That was one of those movies you love after you're a little older. I remember seeing it when I was younger and finding some of the lines funny. As I got older that movie was ****ing hilarious.

yeah every time I watch it I seem to find another line I missed before.

You ever find bug bunny attractive when he put on a dress and play a girl bunny? (Dana Carvey improved that, Mike Myers laughter is real in this scene)

HoverCarle* 04-19-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 25290265)
Fantastic game to go to.

Brodeur seriously kept them in the game. The Flyers dominated the 3rd and OT, and the Devils defense was just not there. Rolsten, Kovalchuk, Parise, and a few others on offense was there, but the Flyers controlled the flow and kept the pressure on for the last 23 minutes.

Gagne did not seem to want to skate, and outside of a beautiful shot that found iron, he wasn't doing much, wasn't willing to sacrifice the body like the rest of the team (see Goal Against #2), and couldn't knock down any player when he tried to play the body or check.

The guy right by me hounded Hartnell all night, and Harts was noteably frustrated at his play. I'll give him a pass this game, cause his only penalty was a concurring, and was doing a decent job digging into the corners and playing the body. He wasn't showing up on the score sheet, but he was playing a good game. His pass to Briere was fantastic considering he was being hounded a defender the whole time. Of course the guy was yelling that he should have shot, meanwhile if he had shot said guy would have yelled he should have passed to Briere. From his position, if he had shot, he would have stuffed it right into Brodeur's pads, it was a good play by Harts.

Crowd was really into it and when the cheers got going it was incredibly loud.

Giroux is so much fun to watch.

Boucher played solid, but there were moments where shots were coming by (and luckily missing the net) and he wasn't even reacting cause he couldn't see them. Even Rolsten's 1st goal got through 2 defenders and Boucher's 5 hole, cause he didn't see it. D's gotta clear a lane for Boucher to see it and make the save.

Too many penalties, but great work on even strength and they had some awesome PKs.

Most of the penalties by the Flyers were warranted, and straight textbook calls, even though the crowd disagreed. But there were still a few softies, and a missed high sticking call after Carcillo got whacked in the face in the 1st was BS. They even replayed it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Gagne created goal number 2 with a check on Fraser

DrinkFightFlyers 04-19-2010 09:02 AM

That had to have been the best game the Flyers played all season, despite all the penalties. Lavy said they were all lazy penalties and I think everyone would agree with that. But in spite of all the penalties and Marty Brodeur playing a great game they absolutely dominated. Gonna be tough to top the Flyers performance, but also will be tough to top Brodeur's performance. Just a great, great game for Flyers fans!

Kambo 04-19-2010 09:08 AM

Replying to Sonny:

Quote:

It's not our fault they can't handle real reactions and heckling. I was at game two Friday night and they were awful -- the most common things said to the Flyers fans were "You guys suck," "Sit down," "Shut up," or "1975." Outside of that, I heard maybe two "Doucher" comments/chants for Boucher, and a couple "Where's your towels (they gave out rally towels)?" to which we promptly responded "where it belongs, wiping off my ball sweat." At least 99.7% was just awful, awful, grade-f heckling.

The more I travel to see the teams around here play the more I appreciate us as fans.
I was at the game on Friday too, and some of the **** I heard was laughable. I had a ton of Flyers fans around me and we all had a good Let's go Flyers chant going on, and someone was like "Shut up! You have AIDS!" It was quite ridiculous, and everything I heard that night was along those lines. I started with some kid outside during the first intermission cause he was *****ing how he wanted to heckle so bad but he couldn't (as they were losing at the time), and i said "Haha you're losing," and his rant went something along the lines of: "Shut the **** up you *****. Get the **** back here and say that **** to my face. You're ****ing dispicable, you *******....." I then turned laughed at him, and told him to watch his mouth, while continuing to laugh at him. He kept shouting at me as I went back in, but I wanetd to go back so bad just to see what he would do being as though I'm a girl and all. :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.