HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   No GDT? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76729)

Toonces 05-08-2004 04:04 PM

No GDT?

Wierd, no game day thread.

Damn Flyers, they never cease to amaze me. They looked WAY out of sync in the second.

User571 05-08-2004 04:29 PM

Theyre still looking out of sync.

Rails 05-08-2004 04:37 PM

They have to win the next game to have a chance in the series.

Flyerswin5 05-08-2004 04:43 PM

The refs got to the Flyers early with the no-goal call. Way to go guys. I thought you can follow the puck into the net.. its not Prems fault it bounces out for another shot. :banghead:

donelikedinner 05-08-2004 04:43 PM

TB deserved to win. they worked hard and they got the calls and the bounces. hopefully this is a wakeup game. :shakehead

Yertle The Turtle 05-08-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerswin5
The refs got to the Flyers early with the no-goal call. Way to go guys. I thought you can follow the puck into the net.. its not Prems fault it bounces out for another shot. :banghead:

That wosnt a goal primeau fell into nik and the puck went in after that

JOHNBOY 05-08-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
They have to win the next game to have a chance in the series.

I agree.

FearTheFlyers 05-08-2004 05:30 PM

Primeau goal wasn't a goal, they got the rulebook out on TSN at the 1st intermission.

rwilson99 05-08-2004 09:26 PM

In the crease

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerswin5

What do you mean interference?

:cry: :nopity: :cry:

Synthetic 05-08-2004 09:42 PM

Philly needs to try and rough up the Bolts a little more. There wasn't that much in terms of physical play from what we've seen previously from 'em.

Steve L* 05-09-2004 03:24 AM

Can anyone tell me the difference between the disallowed Primeau goal and the allowed Sundin goal in the last Laffs game?

Flyman 05-09-2004 05:07 AM

Not a bad game by the Flyers. They just need to be a bit stronger on D and capitalize their scoring chances. Tampa only fired 17 shots on Escher. Not bad.

The Seeker 25 05-09-2004 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gesthar
Philly needs to try and rough up the Bolts a little more. There wasn't that much in terms of physical play from what we've seen previously from 'em.

Agreed. I thought the Flyers looked like the faster team, while the Bolts were the more physical......totally opposite of what was expected in this series.

As was mentioned earlier, I also believe the Flyers have to win game 2, or it could be a short series. Philly came out early and took advantage of TBs long layoff in terms of chances, but couldn't take advantage on the scoreboard.

There were several key turning points to this game:

1) The early odd-man rushes and not even getting a shot on goal on any of the plays. Primeau tried to make the move on a 2-on-0 with Sami Kapanen that he had beaten Brodeur on in the NJ series and lost his balance, crashing into Khabibulin while Kapanen shot the rebound into the net. Goal disallowed, so instead of a 1-0 Flyer lead, it's scoreless and a TB PP. Big turnaround.

2) At the expiration of a TB PP, Kim Johnsson gets full control of the puck and turns to clear it down the ice. Problem is, referee Brad Watson's butt gets in the way. The puck bounces right onto Modin's stick in the slot, who cooly passes to Andreychuk to the left of a very surprised Robert Esche, and Andreychuk roofs it. 1-0 TB.

3) After tying the game on Handzus' goal, the Flyers turn the puck over in their own zone. As they frantically try to clear the puck it caroms off of two Flyer bodies and a Flyer stick in the slot, and bounces right to Brad Richards at the gaping right side of the Flyer net. 2-1 TB.

4) As usual, the 2nd period was horrible for the Flyers. It has been their worst period of every game during these playoffs. But they did not answer the bell in the 3rd like they have in previous games, and you could see TB getting their legs back by this point. The Flyers looked like a team that was just coming out of a tough 6 game series with Toronto.

The Flyers are going to have to come out Monday night and hit everything on the ice wearing a black jersey (but not black and white striped!). TB showed they are not going to roll over and let the Flyers have the series because they've never been this far in the playoffs before. The Flyers are going to have to create chances and more importantly, take advantage of those chances when they come.

RoDu 05-09-2004 09:40 AM

gotta get the powerplay clicking again, it has cooled off since the start of the jersey series

Donnie D 05-09-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
Can anyone tell me the difference between the disallowed Primeau goal and the allowed Sundin goal in the last Laffs game?

I can't tell you about the Sundin goal, but the story I have heard is that because Primeau touched the goalie and because another player put it in the net, the goal was disallowed. Had Primeau put it in the net, even though he hit Khabi, it would have counted.

Someone else may be able to explain it better.

FearTheFlyers 05-09-2004 11:08 AM

Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Teezax 05-09-2004 11:36 AM

That chance could have decided the game for us. How the hell do you not score on a 2-0?

The Seeker 25 05-10-2004 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
Wierd, no game day thread.

Maybe because GDT (Game Day Thread) had become GDT (Good Drug Thread)?

Just a guess....

The Seeker 25 05-10-2004 09:30 AM

Quote:

And did anyone watch game 1 of the Calgary-SJ game? Craig Conroy totally wiped out Nabokov behind the SJ net with no call, and about 5 minutes later, SJ's Nils Ekman did the same thing to Kipper behind the Calgary net, again with no call. Understood, both players appeared to lose an edge when they took out the netminders, but that's exactly what happened to Primeau when he wiped out Khabibulin in game 1.

I have seen it called no goal on a play like the Primeau penalty WITHOUT calling a penalty. If Primeau had intentionally crashed Nik he should have been called. The right call would have been to disallow the goal, no penalty, faceoff outside the TB zone (because Primeau caused the stoppage). I have seen this call several times throughout the year in the NHL (I have Center Ice package), and believe it would have been appropriate in this case.

Coburnfan05 05-10-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
And did anyone watch game 1 of the Calgary-SJ game? Craig Conroy totally wiped out Nabokov behind the SJ net with no call, and about 5 minutes later, SJ's Nils Ekman did the same thing to Kipper behind the Calgary net, again with no call. Understood, both players appeared to lose an edge when they took out the netminders, but that's exactly what happened to Primeau when he wiped out Khabibulin in game 1.

I have seen it called no goal on a play like the Primeau penalty WITHOUT calling a penalty. If Primeau had intentionally crashed Nik he should have been called. The right call would have been to disallow the goal, no penalty, faceoff outside the TB zone (because Primeau caused the stoppage). I have seen this call several times throughout the year in the NHL (I have Center Ice package), and believe it would have been appropriate in this case.

I agree. Well there should have been no goal but Prims did not desrve a penalty, but it was more of a penalty based on his rep.