HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Dustin Brown (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76751)

LuckyLUC20 05-08-2004 06:14 PM

Dustin Brown

I'm watching the Sweden vs. USA game on ESPN2, and I gotta say that Dustin Brown has been pretty damn good!

He has been throwing his body around and is aggressive out there. He even drew a penalty on Daniel Alfredsson who was called for roughing on Brown after Brown threw a check at him.

Boy, that reminds me of Deader!!! :handclap:

Go Brown!!!! :yo:

David A. Rainer 05-08-2004 07:20 PM

I'm bummed - we've got billiards on ESPN2. :cry:

GKJ 05-08-2004 07:21 PM

worlds on ESPN 2? I don't think so

LuckyLUC20 05-08-2004 07:23 PM

Well, now it's pool... but earlier it was Worlds. It was on at 3 PM PST/6 PM EST.

Swedes won 3-2 btw. :cry:

David A. Rainer 05-08-2004 07:33 PM

Musta been a damn quick game because I flipped it over to ESPN2 about 5:00.

LuckyLUC20 05-08-2004 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Musta been a damn quick game because I flipped it over to ESPN2 about 5:00.

It was taped earlier, ESPN2 didn't show it live... which means, no intermission breaks for the taped version.

David A. Rainer 05-08-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
It was taped earlier, ESPN2 didn't show it live... which means, no intermission breaks for the taped version.

Damn! I knew I should have brought a TV with me to the beach.

agentfouser 05-08-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

and i taped it... :) they really sped it up a lot by taking out intermission and having super-short tv timeouts.

2goodtimes 05-09-2004 10:40 AM

Quote:

Well, now it's pool... but earlier it was Worlds. It was on at 3 PM PST/6 PM EST.

Swedes won 3-2 btw. :cry:

I caught it when it was 2-1 Swede's, then Axelsson scored, but i didn't catch the 2 USA goal. Who scored?

OC Kings Fan 24 05-09-2004 01:42 PM

Yes , It was a good game. I love the way Dustin played. Throwing his body around , especially in the first perio. The announcers couldnt stop talking about him. Hope we see some of that next year :handclap:

LuckyLUC20 05-09-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goodtimes
I caught it when it was 2-1 Swede's, then Axelsson scored, but i didn't catch the 2 USA goal. Who scored?

Richard Park (MIN) and Jeff Halpern (WAS).

Kingz4life 05-10-2004 01:03 AM

I saw the game and Dustin Brown was playing very well. He showed a lot of energy and he played with great heart.

Fat Elvis 05-10-2004 09:35 AM

The one thing I would want to start seeing from him are some great scoring chances and plays to set up chances. I would like to start hearing about the great set-ups or skating or shooting, just everything along with his energy and crashing into the boards. I'm not down on the guy, but I would like to see the offensive talent that he was known for. He's sounding more like a 3rd-4th line banger than a #1 line talent who puts the bread in the basket if you know what I mean. I'm not saying he is a 3-4 guy, it just sounds like he's playing like one imo.

Rabid Ranger 05-10-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I saw the game and Dustin Brown was playing very well. He showed a lot of energy and he played with great heart.

I've follwed Brown's play in the tourney, and was able to see him in the Sweden match, and I must say, he looked really good. He's bigger than I thought, good, if not great speed, and a nose for the net. He can easily become the equal of Adam Deadmarsh IMO, perhaps better.

punchy1 05-10-2004 10:57 AM

Lucky for me I am getting a couple of feeds on this tourney and have seen three of US's games as well as the one on ESPN2. It were nice to get to hear the game described in a language I could understand though you lot speak funny.

Here are my thoughts.

Dustin Brown. A terrific young player. Agressive as bloody hell and fast as well. Draws penalties by his hard play. Them are the good bits. Here are the bad.

The game against SWE showed one thing in Brownies game that still bothers me and that is his lack of finishing since joining our team. He were on a two on one from the bluey in and even though the defenceman had his stick/body mostly down to block a pass Brownie tried anyways to dish instead of shoot and as a result and his solid hands, after the pass were blocked he got a tapper on the "rebound" that didn't go in.

For me, Dustin is a power forward type of lad. He is bang on an NHLer so no worries about his being a bust but, he certainly isn't finishing the way he did prior to his coming to us. I am not blaming us, I am just saying he might need time in the AHL to recapture his scoring touch or we might be seeing yet another solid third liner to add to our team.

Now, on most teams that is a right brilliant spot but since we are so dead loaded with those types, we need Brownie to be a top sixer more than a third liner. He is bang on young so I am certainly not calling him quits, just saying that based on his 31 games in the NHL and the games I have seen him play at the worlds, he needs to get some time in a system that allows him some room to pick up his scoring and then come back the NHL.

Miller has played brilliantly during the worlds by the way.

maximil 05-10-2004 02:17 PM

Relax your reading too much into this. This kid isn't even old enough to buy booze yet. It's truely amazing that he has the smarts and ability to play at an NHL level right now. The scoring will come with age and the confidence you get from playing more games at the proffesional level. I think the only reason why he stayed up with the Kings this year is because he played so well the Kings couldn't justify sending him down after he out competed other players. Time will tell how good he can be but I see a really bright future.

I am just overwhealed by his good insticts with the puck, body positioning and willingness to play physical against men. Don't expect this guy to score more than 15 goals for another two or three years.

I do think your right though. Some time in the AHL might be really beneficial for him. I don't think he needs to "recapture" his scoring touch as much as he needs to play everyday in big situations. It's a learning process.

Doggone Dawg 05-16-2004 06:22 PM

Face it, the Kings screwed up. I'm a Storm fan and they should have sent him back to Guelph. They may have delayed his development 2-3 years. :shakehead

Legionnaire 05-16-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggone Dawg
Face it, the Kings screwed up. I'm a Storm fan and they should have sent him back to Guelph. They may have delayed his development 2-3 years. :shakehead

Possibly. I guess time will tell. Although, I personally don't think he had much left to learn at the junior level.

Legionnaire 05-16-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximil
Relax your reading too much into this. This kid isn't even old enough to buy booze yet. It's truely amazing that he has the smarts and ability to play at an NHL level right now. The scoring will come with age and the confidence you get from playing more games at the proffesional level. I think the only reason why he stayed up with the Kings this year is because he played so well the Kings couldn't justify sending him down after he out competed other players. Time will tell how good he can be but I see a really bright future.

I am just overwhealed by his good insticts with the puck, body positioning and willingness to play physical against men. Don't expect this guy to score more than 15 goals for another two or three years.

I do think your right though. Some time in the AHL might be really beneficial for him. I don't think he needs to "recapture" his scoring touch as much as he needs to play everyday in big situations. It's a learning process.

Good post. I pretty much agree with this.

Dustin's in a different situation than a young guy like Kovalchuk or Nash. He was forced to fit into a system instead of having a system built around him. The scoring will come as he gains AM's confidence because he will start being used more in key situations.

CrossCheck 06-06-2004 09:00 PM

On what line do you guys see him play next year? With who possibly? And what can we expect in term of G - A - Pts???

:dunno:

David A. Rainer 06-06-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrossCheck
On what line do you guys see him play next year? With who possibly? And what can we expect in term of G - A - Pts???

:dunno:

With whom? Who the hell knows. Kings only have like 12 players under contract for next season.

Points? It will probably have a lot to do with who his linemates are, but a steady increase is likely. 10-15-25 sound fair?