HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospects To SIGN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76752)

Traitor8 05-08-2004 07:16 PM

Prospects To SIGN

Here is I think the prospects the Montreal Canadiens GM BOB gainey should Sign and should give some a chance and the others a chance in Hamilton:

1-Andrei Kostsitsyn: Our best prospect. No other comments needed

2-Ryan O'Bryne: I want him to play in Hamilton and get some professional experience.(Birthdate: 7-19-84)

3-Cory Urquhart: Want him to turn pro too and should replace Higgins and/or Plekanec if they make the Habs(Birthdate: 10-1-84)

4-Corey Locke: Also want him to replace Hossa/Higgins/Plekanec and I want to see how his moves would look into a more physical game.(Birthdate: 5-8-84)

5-Tomas Linhart: Buying out Dykhuis..and Traverse(ufa) and hopefully Hainsey makes the jump the big leagues then I think Linhart can take their ice time.

6-Oskari Korpikari: Just like Toms Linhart. I want him to get used to the North American game and see what he's made of.

7-Konstantin Korneev: 2 yrs since drafting him, I think it's time to bring him to North America and see how he handles himself.

What do you guys think??
Add to the list the 2004 draft pick if he is a European player so he doesn't have to be 20 to play pro.

Aarex 05-08-2004 07:22 PM

Fully agree, would also like to see Buturlin come over, I personally think he will fit in better here...I haven't seen him but everything that i read says he is a physical presence with a good shot...his only downfall is above average speed...Ryder anyone?

Traitor8 05-08-2004 07:36 PM

Talent Analysis

Buturlin is a swift-skating Russian who plays a North American style of game. He's built strongly with a low center of gravity and thus can absorb the abuse of opponents' defensemen well. While he has excellent lateral mobility, Buturlin's acceleration and top speed is less than stellar. Buturlin depends on his vision and stickhandling to beat opponents rather than his speed and mobility. He has a nose for the net, while still being solid in the defensive zone.
Buturlin's already strong enough for the NHL, and his skills are up to par, however his straight-away speed and acceleration need to be dramatically improved before making an impact in the pros.

Future

Already possessing solid all-around skills, Buturlin does not need vast improvement in any area aside from skating, but rather he needs to improve all of his skills in order to fill out his potential. He also needs to gain some upper body strength in order to play his style of game at the NHL level. He's still at least a few years away from the NHL, but if he makes it he could become a strong, dependable second line player; playing a similar style to Daniel Alfredsson

Credit: www.Hockeysfuture.com
----
It's sad to see a 2nd rounder not show up in north america like that. I really want him to come here. We have been after him since 1999 but was he now..23 already? By the time he gets his speed into par and gets use to North American game, he will be 24-25. I don't think he will be interested in coming here. 1999 draft was terrible for us.

montreal 05-08-2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Here is I think the prospects the Montreal Canadiens GM BOB gainey should Sign and should give some a chance and the others a chance in Hamilton:

1-Andrei Kostsitsyn: Our best prospect. No other comments needed

2-Ryan O'Bryne: I want him to play in Hamilton and get some professional experience.(Birthdate: 7-19-84)

3-Cory Urquhart: Want him to turn pro too and should replace Higgins and/or Plekanec if they make the Habs(Birthdate: 10-1-84)

4-Corey Locke: Also want him to replace Hossa/Higgins/Plekanec and I want to see how his moves would look into a more physical game.(Birthdate: 5-8-84)

5-Tomas Linhart: Buying out Dykhuis..and Traverse(ufa) and hopefully Hainsey makes the jump the big leagues then I think Linhart can take their ice time.

6-Oskari Korpikari: Just like Toms Linhart. I want him to get used to the North American game and see what he's made of.

7-Konstantin Korneev: 2 yrs since drafting him, I think it's time to bring him to North America and see how he handles himself.

What do you guys think??
Add to the list the 2004 draft pick if he is a European player so he doesn't have to be 20 to play pro.

Sorry but that won't happen. There's no way we can have 4 rookie defensemen in the AHL, and none of them would make the Habs and the ECHL would not be a good idea imo. I'd love to see them signed, but I'll bet money no way half of them let alone all of them are signed.

Ryan O'Byrne needs to go back to Cornell. He's not ready for the AHL, as he still has a ways to go just to be a top guy in the NCAA. Gainey will bring these guys along slow, and O'Byrne will need one to three more years in the NCAA.

Korpikari couldn't finish the year in the sm-liiga as he finished the year in the junior league. Let him try and get a full time spot in the sm-liiga next year and get experience from that league. Playing in North America is a good idea, but I'd leave him over there and I hope the Habs think the same way. No need to rush him.

Linhart has played for 6 different teams in the last 2 seasons. I'd leave him alone and see if he can catch on in the mens league full time. he's got a ways to go, and I don't think he's ready for the AHL either, although I only saw him twice last year. Guess we'll see this summer if he's signed, but I would be shocked if so.

Korneev makes the most sense. I heard Savard say months ago that they were interested in bringing him over, and Korneev while playing for one of the top teams in the RSL and the richest team, is stuck behind several good defensemen, so his ice time is limited. He plays on the 4th pairing, and I dont' think I've ever seen any team anywhere play 8 defensemen on a regular basis. I'd really like to see Korneev over here.

Kastsitsyn and Korneev I want signed, but the first problem is the Russian/IIHF/NHL problem. It may not be solved, and if it's not, Korneev can't come over cause he has a contract with AK Bars and I think Kastsitsyn has a contract with CSKA for next year as well. (CSKA will have a new coach next year as well)

Cory Urquhart I hope is signed. Locke as well. Locke should not be in the OHL next year. I look forward to seeing what both of them can do in the AHL, as it will be a big test for them to see what they can do against big strong fast players. Locke's size/skating/speed and Urquhart's lack of physical game are what I'm interested in seeing how they adapt to the AHL.

I'd add Lambert and Deveaux as well, I hope both are signed.

penopekoo 05-08-2004 08:34 PM

Glenn needs to be signed this year or we lose his rights, correct?

montreal 05-08-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo
Glenn needs to be signed this year or we lose his rights, correct?

No, college players have a full year to be signed after school. But if he's not signed, he'll have to find a team to play for. Most likely a ECHL team would pick him up, which is where I would expect him to go anyways.

RE-HABS 05-08-2004 09:31 PM

O'Bryne waaaaayyyy to young and not enough top notch experience to make the jump to Pro, he has only played one year of NCAA and before that he played in the BCJHL and Bantam hockey. This is a kid I can see playing his full 4 years of NCAA hockey.

Aarex 05-08-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
O'Bryne waaaaayyyy to young and not enough top notch experience to make the jump to Pro, he has only played one year of NCAA and before that he played in the BCJHL and Bantam hockey. This is a kid I can see playing his full 4 years of NCAA hockey.

I think your blowing age abit out of wack here. Hes 19 years old (I believe) which is not a bad age to turn pro...however I was not aware that he had such little experience that alone should keep him in the NCAA

montreal 05-08-2004 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydified
I think your blowing age abit out of wack here. Hes 19 years old (I believe) which is not a bad age to turn pro...however I was not aware that he had such little experience that alone should keep him in the NCAA

Well considering we don't have one professional 19 year old, I'd say that 19 is not a good age to turn pro. Michaud was the last under 20 year old to play any NHL/AHL hockey that I recall.

Aarex 05-08-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Well considering we don't have one professional 19 year old, I'd say that 19 is not a good age to turn pro. Michaud was the last under 20 year old to play any NHL/AHL hockey that I recall.

Well seeing as I respect your words more then anyone I won't dispute lol...However Experience Aside. Corey Locke is 3 months older then Ryan (I believe Corey is 20 and Ryan turns 20 in July again not sure on this)

hockey_nut 05-08-2004 10:03 PM

Chances are none of them will sign with the club until the 2005-06 season... with next year a mystery, unless one of them pulls a Patrice Bergeron in Boston, they won't sign next year (in order to play on our team, or ahl/echl).