HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers picks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76775)

DarthSather99 05-08-2004 08:35 PM

Rangers picks
 
Does anyone know where I can find out what pick #'s the Rangers have in the first two rounds.

Pinto 05-08-2004 08:42 PM

I know you guys have our 1st and 2nd round pick this year

(In case you don't know I'm a leafs fan ;))

in the hall 05-08-2004 08:42 PM

#6
#26
#36
#37
#46*
#48

*if Umberger is not signed by June 1

Sunshine 05-08-2004 09:01 PM

Our Draft Picks; plz. confirm the accuracy of this list

NYR 1st (6 overall)
TOR 1st (26 overall)
NYR 2nd
FL 2nd
EDM 2nd
MTL 2nd
PHILY 2nd
*R.J. Umberger

DarthSather99 05-08-2004 09:30 PM

Toronto fan. We have your first this year 2004 and second rounder next year 2005.

veddersbrother 05-08-2004 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine
Our Draft Picks; plz. confirm the accuracy of this list

NYR 1st (6 overall)
TOR 1st (26 overall)
NYR 2nd
FL 2nd
EDM 2nd
MTL 2nd
PHILY 2nd
*R.J. Umberger


Philly 2nd is in 2005.

Brian Boyle 05-08-2004 10:11 PM

the Toronto pick will be 24th (23rd if Calgary wins the cup)
the pick from Edmonton is the compensatory pick that they got from the Leetch signing

Leetchie 05-09-2004 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyZone
the Toronto pick will be 24th (23rd if Calgary wins the cup)
the pick from Edmonton is the compensatory pick that they got from the Leetch signing


I don't think playoff results have any effect on draft positions. I could be wrong, but, for example, in 2003, the Stanley Cup Champions picked 17th overall.

jas 05-09-2004 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
I don't think playoff results have any effect on draft positions. I could be wrong, but, for example, in 2003, the Stanley Cup Champions picked 17th overall.

That's because they traded up. The team that wins the Cup is placed in the 30th slot.

Fletch 05-09-2004 10:45 AM

Not really a 'trade-up'...
 
I believe that they had the right to switch picks with St. Louis and exercised that right last season. I believe that stemmed from the whole Scott Stevens fiasco.

jas 05-09-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
I believe that they had the right to switch picks with St. Louis and exercised that right last season. I believe that stemmed from the whole Scott Stevens fiasco.


Yes, but they went from the St. Louis pick up to the LA pick, where they got Parise.

in the hall 05-09-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
I don't think playoff results have any effect on draft positions. I could be wrong, but, for example, in 2003, the Stanley Cup Champions picked 17th overall.

they do in the first round

NYR469 05-09-2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie
I don't think playoff results have any effect on draft positions. I could be wrong, but, for example, in 2003, the Stanley Cup Champions picked 17th overall.

the stanley cup champ picks #30...

last year however, the devils had the option to swap picks with st louis as a result of the tampering with stevens...so the devils used this to jump from #30 to #21, they then traded up from #21 to #17


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.