HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers' Top 20 Prospects POLL (#6) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76843)

bmoak 05-09-2004 10:46 AM

Rangers' Top 20 Prospects POLL (#6)

Another day, another name on the prospect list.

So far, we have....

1) Fedor Tutin
2) Henrik Lundqvist
3) Josef Balej
4) Hugh Jessiman
5) THOMAS POCK

That makes the new question-

Who is the Rangers' #6 Prospect?

After this round, I'll add in Dawes, Jonasen, Moore, and Lampman.

L.I.RangerFan 05-09-2004 10:51 AM

Bmoak - can you please change Lundqvist first name to Henrik, Stephen was a bust who quit playing last year. Thank you.

Keep up the great work. :handclap: :bow:

Edit: I voted for Prucha

Theoren Fan 05-09-2004 10:54 AM

Had to go with Umberger

Barnaby 05-09-2004 11:12 AM

hmmmm..... this ones tough - it could go Kondratiev, Immonen, or Prucha IMO..

I'll go with... ::drumroll:: ..... Maxim Kondratiev!!

Kubera55 05-09-2004 11:22 AM

I have yet to see a negative word on Baranka, and he's the youngest of the guys I would lump at this level (Baranka, Prucha, Immonen, Kondraitev). So I put Baranka. To be honest, I had Baranka ahead of Pock too . . .

Larry Melnyk 05-09-2004 11:31 AM

Missed #5, POCL is a decent pick even if I might not have selected hi...I think BArnaby has the right suspects and I'm gonna go with Prucha based on the buzz of the past year...

Don't think Garth Murray belongs as a candidate right now, but just my feelings...Same thing with Dawes and Lampman being added instead of some other players in the next round..BVut that's why this is pretty fun...

Oh, I would have already voted for UMBERGER but I refuse too because I don't think he is going to be Ranger property come June..

in the hall 05-09-2004 12:10 PM

R.J. Umberger

he could be higher, i think he gets overlooked because people dont see him as a ranger prospect

Broadway Brett 05-09-2004 12:17 PM

I voted other, I would have Nigel Dawes, he has amazing potential, and I believe this is where the talent drops a little. The top 5, in many opinions, could be arranged in many different ways. I think Dawes has the most potential, and I know more about him than any other prospect left. Maybe when I find more information on the rest of the prospects available, I'll want to change my vote, but since I don't know much about the European prospects right now, I picked Dawes.

Bacchus 05-09-2004 12:35 PM

I voted for other (-> Dawes), too. He seems to have everything a player needs, except size.
I know, not every small player is a St. Louis, Fleury or Comrie, but if he makes his way into the NHL, he'll be fun to watch. :)

in the hall 05-09-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broadway Crosby
I believe this is where the talent drops a little.

i agree somewhat, i believe umberger is in the upper tier

kickice 05-09-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
R.J. Umberger

he could be higher, i think he gets overlooked because people dont see him as a ranger prospect

spot on. that is why I haven't voted for him. I just don't see him as a Ranger prospect. And sadly, I can't see him being one, hope I'm wrong though. But the last I heard, wasn't sounding that positive regards him signing. Not heard much for a while it has to be said.

Padawan 05-09-2004 12:58 PM

BTW, it's Jarkko Immonen. Sorry, it has been bothering me for a while. You may continue...

Bacchus 05-09-2004 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padawan
BTW, it's Jarkko Immonen. Sorry, it has been bothering me for a while. You may continue...

Padawan, you seem to be high on Immonen. I'd like to hear your opinion on him. :) Potential, etc.

I would have voted for Umberger, but I also think that he won't be a Ranger come June 1st.

nyr5186 05-09-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
R.J. Umberger

Good point. I think we need to decide whether to keep him in the poll and treat him just like everyone else or just exclude him entirely. Alot of people aren't voting for him because they dont consider him a Ranger prospect, so the results will be skewed. Personally, I'd say keep him in. He's officially our property, even though he isn't signed. And I'm not fully convinced that Sather will just let him walk after June 1st. I think Umberger's agent just wants to give Umberger a chance to choose his team or test his value in the open market. So he and Sather probably said "we'll talk after June 1st and try to get something done".

As for the #6 prospect, I'd vote for UMBERGER. If you decide not to count him, then my vote goes to either Prucha or Kondtratiev, with a very slight edge to PRUCHA.

Padawan 05-09-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franz
Padawan, you seem to be high on Immonen. I'd like to hear your opinion on him. :) Potential, etc.

I would have voted for Umberger, but I also think that he won't be a Ranger come June 1st.

This is almost entirely written by yours truly and you could also check this too.

bmoak 05-09-2004 08:01 PM

Proper spelling of Jarkko Immonen noted.

bmoak 05-09-2004 08:46 PM

I'm counting Umberger as Ranger property until I hear otherwise, so please consider him for the list. Just because he might not play for the Rangers doesn't mean that we can't rank him as a prospect. There's a good chance that some of the names on this list will play for NHL teams other than the Rangers.

I personally don't have Umberger in my top 5. He hasn't played hockey in over a year, which makes him hard to rate his talent and progress. Also, I wonder about his attitude.

bmoak 05-09-2004 09:45 PM

I like to get at least 50 votes in a poll and let the poll run for at least 24 hours before declaring a winner. However, since some people have expressed impatience at the pace and we are already close to the magic number of votes, I'd thought I'd keep this one open until tomorrow morning and open the next round.

I thought it would be closer, but Prucha has run away with it. Where would he be on your list 2 months ago?

If you haven't voted yet, please do so. I'll post #7 shortly.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-09-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoak
I like to get at least 50 votes in a poll and let the poll run for at least 24 hours before declaring a winner. However, since some people have expressed impatience at the pace and we are already close to the magic number of votes, I'd thought I'd keep this one open until tomorrow morning and open the next round.

I thought it would be closer, but Prucha has run away with it. Where would he be on your list 2 months ago?

If you haven't voted yet, please do so. I'll post #7 shortly.

I'll leave this poll open until tomorrow morning .