HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Proposal: Price of Bryan Little to TO? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=768547)

Kesselisboss 04-25-2010 11:39 AM

Price of Bryan Little to TO?

TO fan here....wanting to know what you guys would want for him, especially considering he just had an off year.

dj4aces 04-25-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesselisboss (Post 25443798)
TO fan here....wanting to know what you guys would want for him, especially considering he just had an off year.

First 2010, first 2011 ...

oh... wait... nevermind! ;)

Seriously, though. He's not for sale.

AintLifeGrand 04-25-2010 02:16 PM

let me handle this one y'all.....

I will take whatever it takes to get him out Atlanta... Grabovski is probably a fair deal.

Bergfors-Antro-Max
Kane-Peverley-Slater
Macachek-Grabovski-Macarthur
R2-Reasoner-Cormier

John Cena* 04-25-2010 02:50 PM

Grabovski and more

Shadow Flyer 04-25-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Generally, when inquiring about a player who you have interest in, its probably best NOT to state the bolded. Why not just come out and say "I know Little is a much better player than this year showed, but I'd like to know if we can severely underpay while acquiring him in a trade" ?

Rhodes 81 04-25-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 25445961)

I will take whatever it takes to get him out Atlanta... Grabovski is probably a fair deal.

Bergfors-Antro-Max
Kane-Peverley-Slater
R2-Reasoner-Cormier

don't listen to this guy.

give us kessel and your next 1st round pick./ too high a price? then keep walking. he's not for sale unless it's for severe overpayment. he's 22 and scored 31 goals a year ago. he had a bad year stats-wise but he played well and it's doubtful he doesn't return to form.

Enstrom39 04-25-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

I think he could be had in a trade. But you would have to offer something more attractive.

He's small and doesn't contribute anything in the hitting department. Great speed, nice wrist shot, responsible defensively. His off year will probably make him affordable. Probably more of a 20-25 goal scorer than a 30+ guy. He bounced back with a decent 2nd half.

hockey momma 04-25-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Bergfors-Antro-Max
Kane-Peverley-Slater
R2-Reasoner-Cormier

I agree, don't listen to this guy:shakehead

The Sneak 04-25-2010 08:09 PM

Brian Little was snake bit last season. Couple bounces go his way and he's over 25 in the goal department again. He's positionally sound on defense and a quiet lead by example guy.

No player is untouchable but he's close. A nice part of our rebuild with Kane and Bergfors. Don't think he needs a change of scenery and moving him is counter productive to the big picture. I would require an overpayment to move him

dj4aces 04-25-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

D-Wad? Is that you?

TasteofFlames 04-25-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sneak (Post 25451247)
Brian Little was snake bit last season. Couple bounces go his way and he's over 25 in the goal department again. He's positionally sound on defense and a quiet lead by example guy.

No player is untouchable but he's close. A nice part of our rebuild with Kane and Bergfors. Don't think he needs a change of scenery and moving him is counter productive to the big picture. I would require an overpayment to move him

Absolutely agree. I'd like to add that Little played his ass off every game this season. Even when he wasn't scoring, he was working hard and doing the little things well. Also, its really difficult for me to rationalize giving up on a guy who is just under .5 ppg and has a 30g year under his belt in his first 2.5 seasons.

GetPucksDeep 04-25-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Not anyone on the leafs.

Kesselisboss 04-25-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sneak (Post 25451247)

Is grabo+ prospect overpayment?

netminder17 04-25-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesselisboss (Post 25455069)
Is grabo+ prospect overpayment?

No, Little is pretty damn untouchable. A team will have to really overpay for him.

teme 04-26-2010 12:05 AM

Value wise Grabovski is pretty close IMO too, both are good players that had a bad year, but the move doesn't make sense for Thrashers.

If Little is moved I could see him go to a cap troubled team, he shoulde be fairly cheap to qualify and can play in a scoring line. Little for Hudler for example.

AintLifeGrand 04-26-2010 12:07 AM

I'm flabbergasted by the amount of Bryan Little hyperbolizing that has gone down in this thread.

We could package him with our NJD 1st for a major upgrade aka Elite goal scoring winger to play with peverley

dj4aces 04-26-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 25456531)
We could package him with our NJD 1st for a major upgrade aka Elite goal scoring winger to play with peverley

Or we could chalk up this year to "sophomore slump" and be done with it. Seriously, now.

headsigh 04-26-2010 12:10 AM

The only true answer here is one billion dollars.

One.

Billion.

Dollars.

Peter Sidorkiewicz 04-26-2010 02:57 AM

Would definitely swap Little for Price.

But how is Toronto going to get Price from Montreal?:naughty:

John Cena* 04-26-2010 03:29 AM

Price blows. Little is worth more than him, IMO. I'd offer our 2nd for Price.

I'd take Grabovski but Little is worth much more. Grabovski was soft all year though. Before this season I wanted Grabo but now his stock dropped.

AtlantaWhaler 04-26-2010 07:09 AM

Yeah..most have it right.

While this years stats aren't great, he's looked upon as a 23 year old, 25-goal winger who is a crucial part of our young core. He's one of a couple players here who can park in front and grab a garbage goal.

Compared with this years stats alone, the Leafs or any other team would have to grossly overpay.

Darch 04-26-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer (Post 25446820)
Generally, when inquiring about a player who you have interest in, its probably best NOT to state the bolded. Why not just come out and say "I know Little is a much better player than this year showed, but I'd like to know if we can severely underpay while acquiring him in a trade" ?

Yeah, so? Can we? hehe, and for the guy who want Grabo, you can have him for a dozen sticks...wooden ones!

fatschoonerrat 04-26-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsigh (Post 25456571)
The only true answer here is one billion dollars.

One.

Billion.

Dollars.

lol!
:handclap:

hockey momma 04-26-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 25456531)
I'm flabbergasted by the amount of Bryan Little hyperbolizing that has gone down in this thread.

I have to agree there is no way Little is going anywhere. He is one of the untouchables and young. Do not want Gab from To, that's all this team needs is another European and one that always seems to have problems with team chemistry!

KevFist 04-26-2010 01:17 PM

Any way we can work out another one of those Kubina/Stapleton for Exelby type trades so we can get Kessel?