HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rumor: Jackets interested in Martin Thörnberg (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=768930)

JacketsFanWest 04-26-2010 02:18 PM

Jackets interested in Martin Thörnberg
 
Martin Thörnberg on way to NHL

"It's correct that I will sign a contract with Columbus," says Thörnberg

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...a-vag-till-nhl


Thörnberg was huge in the HV 71/DIF playoff series for the Elitserien championship. He had the game winning goal in overtime in game 5.

Viqsi 04-26-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest (Post 25463657)
Martin Thörnberg on way to NHL

"It's correct that I will sign a contract with Columbus," says Thörnberg

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...a-vag-till-nhl


Thörnberg was huge in the HV 71/DIF playoff series for the Elitserien championship. He had the game winning goal in overtime in game 5.

Yay!

Let's hope he does well...

Ludicrous Speed 04-26-2010 02:27 PM

Let's hope he can turn into a Homlstrom or Hornqvist. God knows we've always needed a guy like that.

blahblah 04-26-2010 02:29 PM

Weird. Didn't see that coming JFW.

Skraut 04-26-2010 02:30 PM

Can't go wrong with a guy named Thorn Mountains.

Somebody toss that as a rumor on the free agent board on the mains. I'm curious what fans of other teams think of him.

Viqsi 04-26-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 25463892)
Can't go wrong with a guy named Thorn Mountains.

Somebody toss that as a rumor on the free agent board on the mains. I'm curious what fans of other teams think of him.

Done.

Ludicrous Speed 04-26-2010 02:39 PM

and so it begins.

Skraut 04-26-2010 02:45 PM

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=32059

Martin Thörnberg's numbers.

And can the title of this thread get the ö it so rightfully deserves?

blahblah 04-26-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 25464184)
http://www.eurohockey.net/players/sh...i?serial=32059

Martin Thörnberg's numbers.

And can the title of this thread get the ö it so rightfully deserves?

Or, at least, switch the the ro to or.

With this years stats.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=70743

I really have no idea what they expect to do with this guy, but we'll see.

Systemfel 04-26-2010 02:54 PM

Should be able to become a solid 3rd liner who can fill in on a #2 PP unit. Owns some crazy diving skills. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest (Post 25463657)
"It's correct that I will sign a contract with Columbus," says Thörnberg

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...a-vag-till-nhl

Uh, that is incorrect. He says, "Yes, it's correct that Columbus wants to sign a contract with me."

His agents says, "We'll sit down with Columbus after the season for negotiations."

Kev22 04-26-2010 02:54 PM

So another 3rd line left winger to pair with Pahlsson for our trip to Sweden to open the season. Underwhelming.

Matt Foley 04-26-2010 02:58 PM

Just a post I found in the Sweden forum...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rediscoveryx (Post 18480313)
Martin Thörnberg is just a sad case of a pretty gifted player (he is actually a very good player by SEL standards, no question about that) who seems to have the intelligence and moral standards of a chimpanzee.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ight=thornberg

blahblah 04-26-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev22 (Post 25464364)
So another 3rd line left winger to pair with Pahlsson for our trip to Sweden to open the season. Underwhelming.

If he's able and willing to come in and help solidify the third line, at a reasonable price, I don't see the downside.

pete goegan 04-26-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man (Post 25464465)
Just a post I found in the Sweden forum...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ight=thornberg

Should fit in well in American sports!

Skraut 04-26-2010 03:06 PM



Don't care what he does, as long as there's a Predator or Wing at the other end of that headbutt.

Matt Foley 04-26-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete goegan (Post 25464547)
Should fit in well in American sports!

Just found some game tape on him...


Skraut 04-26-2010 03:11 PM

Not the most flattering of stuff.


29 seconds in. Delivering a knee on knee hit.


and again.


diving

Ludicrous Speed 04-26-2010 03:13 PM

looks like a guy that can really get under the skin of the opposition. we've needed that since Wright left.

Skraut 04-26-2010 03:20 PM

Scoring


Backhand Assisting


Driving and assisting

BluejacketNut 04-26-2010 03:25 PM

Well, we need someone who plays an "intense game" other then Boll and Dorsett

RDriesenUD 04-26-2010 03:27 PM

Looks like a punk. I could do without that. We don't need a LW either.

Sore Loser 04-26-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 25464615)


Don't care what he does, as long as there's a Predator or Wing at the other end of that headbutt.

Why did I immediately think of the Mall Cop scene "Nobody wins with a headbutt?"

Pass. Another Jaroslav Balastik, but one that will take stupid penalties.

blahblah 04-26-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDriesenUD (Post 25465034)
Looks like a punk. I could do without that. We don't need a LW either.

Could have sworn we traded 3 roster lw's last year? /shrug

dru 04-26-2010 03:56 PM

Per Ledin: the sequel?

CBJSprague24 04-26-2010 04:18 PM

20+ goals last three years, 27 last year. 38 points the last two seasons, bettering his 07-08 totals by one.

10 goals, 13 points in 18 playoff games last year.

"Thorn Mountains" has to be his nickname if we sign him. Makes for laughs every time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.