HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eric Lindros (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=76934)

Straka22 05-09-2004 07:29 PM

Eric Lindros

Where do Rangers fans see Eric Lindros signing this summer?

Vincent Vega 05-09-2004 07:33 PM

Not with New York! Someone will give the Big E a chance to play the question is where? Toronto maybe?

klingsor 05-09-2004 07:39 PM

I think Sather will make him an offer, but I'm guessing he signs with Toronto.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-09-2004 07:40 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if he was a Ranger next season.

Fletch 05-09-2004 07:41 PM

Will TO sign him, though...

That's the big question. With current lack of depth in the middle, Sather may make an offer if he doesn't sign a UFA, or make a trade. And who knows if there'll be other interest out there.

Theoren Fan 05-09-2004 07:45 PM

It'll most likely come down to being between the Rangers or Toronto. From there though, I have no idea.

in the hall 05-09-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straka22

people will say TO but i really don't think that will happen, i think he will be signed by a weaker team just looking for a name player at a decent price, he is just such a risk

he is virtually a gaurantee for injury, not someone a playoff team can rely on specially a player that would likely be in key role

i can deffinitely see the rangers resigning him, i think that would be his preference, not sure how i feel about that

Janerixon 05-09-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
It'll most likely come down to being between the Rangers or Toronto. From there though, I have no idea.

i wont count out detroit being interested, steve yzerman is good friends with lindros and they will be dumping a ton of salary this summer, lindros may be welcome their in a supporting role which he could benefit from

Theoren Fan 05-09-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
i wont count out detroit being interested, steve yzerman is good friends with lindros and they will be dumping a ton of salary this summer, lindros may be welcome their in a supporting role which he could benefit from

Well it sure wouldn't be the first time a team's come outta left field and snatched a guy

Rangers94 05-09-2004 09:32 PM

if I remember correctly, he said that he was looking forward to coming back to the Rangers next season. I think that he sees this as an opportunity where there won't be too much pressure put on him since the team isn't expected to do amazing.

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-09-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers94
if I remember correctly, he said that he was looking forward to coming back to the Rangers next season. I think that he sees this as an opportunity where there won't be too much pressure put on him since the team isn't expected to do amazing.

I think Lindros will be a great leader for the kids, especially Jessiman since Jessiman is a big man himself. Jessiman can maybe be another John LeClair but more physical. :yo:

pld459666 05-09-2004 10:52 PM

I'll go with

Detroit.

Yzerman says he wants to come back, but with what he's gone through having the burden of centering a line of any real importance may weigh to heavily on him.

I could see the Red Wings going after Eric and shifting Stevie Y to wing thus allowing them the ability not to sign either Shanny or Hull.

Save money and get a decent center in the process.

Hockey Moose 05-09-2004 11:01 PM

Los Angeles?

Kings lose Allison, could get Lindros very cheap to play with Palffy

NYR2 05-09-2004 11:54 PM

I think if he gets an offer from the Rangers he will sign. He's said a few times at the end of the season and after that he wants to stay here, he loves NY and even bought a home here and that he thinks that speaks for itself. But if it's between NY and TO, I could see him leaning towards TO.

We shall see. I personally hope he's back.

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-09-2004 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
I think if he gets an offer from the Rangers he will sign. He's said a few times at the end of the season and after that he wants to stay here, he loves NY and even bought a home here and that he thinks that speaks for itself. But if it's between NY and TO, I could see him leaning towards TO.

We shall see. I personally hope he's back.

Yea Id love Rangers to sign Lindros to a 2 year deal or some type of deal where if he gets certain games and certain points it gives him bonuses, it would make Lindros motivated. And when Lindros is motivated and healthy, he is playing well.

NYR2 05-10-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea Id love Rangers to sign Lindros to a 2 year deal or some type of deal where if he gets certain games and certain points it gives him bonuses, it would make Lindros motivated. And when Lindros is motivated and healthy, he is playing well.

I think that sounds good.

rnyquist 05-10-2004 12:06 AM

No thanks. I don't want him for 2 reasons
1)If he's brought here you know he'll get injured, that or he'll play perimeter and be useless. I feel in the teams best interest it is very unwise to have one of our top 2 centers be an extreme case to get injured. This isn't any player, this guy gets injured on a game to game basis

2)If he's brought here he'll be given the top center, Holik the #2, and suddenly a guy like Immonen, Moore or Lundmark is the 3rd line center, once again pushing youth back for a guy who may go out during warm ups and suddenly the team is screwed once again.

IMO its stupidity to bring in a guy who could and WILL get injured on a game to game basis. If you bring in this guy your risking another meltdown, something I'd prefer not to endure.

Rodent 05-10-2004 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I wouldn't be shocked if he was a Ranger next season.

Agreed. t.o. may not be interested in him given their expected roster machinations. And E is comfortable with NYC and with how he's treated by NYR. If Glen can convince Lindros to sign an incentive-based contract,a return engagement is a real possibiity.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-10-2004 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
Agreed. t.o. may not be interested in him given their expected roster machinations. And E is comfortable with NYC and with how he's treated by NYR. If Glen can convince Lindros to sign an incentive-based contract,a return engagement is a real possibiity.

I'll take this one step further. The Leafs might very well need to retool. They are an older team and adding Lindros to a team that might be on its way down would put a lot of pressure on Lindros.

I think that the return to Toronto would add a lot of pressure that he might want to take on. And I think he is genuinely happy in New York.

Larry Melnyk 05-10-2004 09:15 AM

Signing LINDROS would be the biggest mistake Sather could make.. This team is not in position to gamble on an injury-prone, incosistent Lindros...Lindros is signed and he's automatically counted on as a 1st or 2nd line C -which of course he would also earn if healthy...Then he crtaps out after 15 games and what happens??? Only a team that has plenty of solid options at C and could absorb the guaranteed Lindros injury could take a chance..Sather would be a jackass of the highest order to offer him 1 penny...JMO

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-10-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Signing LINDROS would be the biggest mistake Sather could make.. This team is not in position to gamble on an injury-prone, incosistent Lindros...Lindros is signed and he's automatically counted on as a 1st or 2nd line C -which of course he would also earn if healthy...Then he crtaps out after 15 games and what happens??? Only a team that has plenty of solid options at C and could absorb the guaranteed Lindros injury could take a chance..Sather would be a jackass of the highest order to offer him 1 penny...JMO

I don't know. I'm not sure what difference it really makes. If Lindros is healthy he can be a serviceable guy (trade bait at the deadline) who help some of the kids. If he is not healthty, what has really changed?

I actually think that this team is better suited to absorb or deal with Lindros' precarious health than they have been since he got here. If the Rangers are indeed rebuilding, Eric's health is simply a bonus.

Larry Melnyk 05-10-2004 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I don't know. I'm not sure what difference it really makes. If Lindros is healthy he can be a serviceable guy (trade bait at the deadline) who help some of the kids. If he is not healthty, what has really changed?

I actually think that this team is better suited to absorb or deal with Lindros' precarious health than they have been since he got here. If the Rangers are indeed rebuilding, Eric's health is simply a bonus.

Not at center we're not... Right now we have nothing besides Holik and maybe the injury plagued Betts as a 4th liner....Lundmark has been a Zero so far but hopefully he rises up this year, Umberger won't be a Ranger, I like Dom Moore and hope he makes it but that's a big if....What Sather needs to do instead of signing Lindros is to sign or trade for a dependable C that will most likely give him 70-80 games ahnd then guys like Moore/Lundamrk will be given more time and more rope to show what they have...Lindros's injury will just have a ripple/dominoe effect on the Rangers organization...

And if we are rebuilding, just let the kids play and don't have it dependent on the whim's of Baby Huey's health and consistency...

The only good Lindros is a gone Lindros...:)

klingsor 05-10-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
The only good Lindros is a gone Lindros...:)

Couldn't agree more. Gotta leave room for Mess, too.

NYR Khabby Fan 05-10-2004 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straka22

1 yeard deal option for a second at 2-3 mill a yaear ... no more.. thats all he is worth :yo:

RANGER#11 05-12-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnyquist
No thanks. I don't want him for 2 reasons
1)If he's brought here you know he'll get injured, that or he'll play perimeter and be useless. I feel in the teams best interest it is very unwise to have one of our top 2 centers be an extreme case to get injured. This isn't any player, this guy gets injured on a game to game basis

2)If he's brought here he'll be given the top center, Holik the #2, and suddenly a guy like Immonen, Moore or Lundmark is the 3rd line center, once again pushing youth back for a guy who may go out during warm ups and suddenly the team is screwed once again.

IMO its stupidity to bring in a guy who could and WILL get injured on a game to game basis. If you bring in this guy your risking another meltdown, something I'd prefer not to endure.

I am not sure how happy I would be to see Lindros back but I could definetly see sather try to bring him back. But as for Lundmark he deserves no better then the third (in my opinion) He needs to prove himself and on the third line he would get enough ice time. I just do not see anything great in this guy. Let him have the 3rd line and go for it.