HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Weber's value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=773021)

KonaRider 05-06-2010 03:53 PM

Weber's value
 
Probably beaten to death. As a Canuck, what would it take to get him?

Raymond / Hodgson / 1st / defensive prospect?



And, while I'm here. How did Nashville do against Byfuglien in your series? He is running amok with our goalie and noone is really big enough to move him, especially the deadweight that is Bieksa.

Joe T Choker 05-06-2010 03:56 PM

more than you'd be willing to pay

because Campbell was out for most of the series ... he was playing defense

BigFatCat999 05-06-2010 04:12 PM

The cost to get Weber is worth more than the benefit to getting him

Que Sera Sera 05-06-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 25666772)
The cost to get Weber is worth more than the benefit to getting him

This. He's not going anywhere- particularly not for what you proposed in the OP. If Weber were to leave Nashville, it would be for a VERY good forward. A high-scoring superstar.
As far as I remember from when Buffy has played forward against us, he was neutralized. Our defenders are generally mobile, and even our smallest defenseman, the 5'8" Francis Bouillon, didn't have any trouble with him.

ThirdManIn 05-06-2010 04:48 PM

Attaining Weber through trade would be a sure fire sign of a team looking to completely rebuild. The amount it would take to get him might take a few seasons to recover from entirely.

Xion 05-06-2010 05:23 PM

If Vancouver were to trade one of the Sedins I think there could be a chance of getting something done. Other than that I think if you have to ask then you can't afford him.

Que Sera Sera 05-06-2010 05:30 PM

I don't want a Sedin for Weber. Not for the way this team is built, and until the Twins produce like this again , forget it.

KonaRider 05-06-2010 05:44 PM

I know Weber has a boatload of value to any team he plays on. He is one amazing D, probably one of the best up and coming players in the league. Maybe second, or slightly ahead of, Suter hah.

You guys are very lucky.


Lets go a different direction.

Raymond for Franson straight up?

Viqsi 05-06-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion (Post 25667734)
If Vancouver were to trade one of the Sedins I think there could be a chance of getting something done. Other than that I think if you have to ask then you can't afford him.

One of the Sedins? :)

I'd target Kesler instead. He's not dependent on Twin Brother Telepathy, and he's just as good.

Joe T Choker 05-06-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonaRider (Post 25668037)
I know Weber has a boatload of value to any team he plays on. He is one amazing D, probably one of the best up and coming players in the league. Maybe second, or slightly ahead of, Suter hah.

You guys are very lucky.


Lets go a different direction.

Raymond for Franson straight up?

quick call Poile

token grinder 05-07-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonaRider (Post 25666507)
Probably beaten to death. As a Canuck, what would it take to get him?

Raymond / Hodgson / 1st / defensive prospect?



And, while I'm here. How did Nashville do against Byfuglien in your series? He is running amok with our goalie and noone is really big enough to move him, especially the deadweight that is Bieksa.

you are on the right track gauging his value. as an rfa next year, he will command 4 1st rounders to sign.

so hodgson, this and next years first and shroeder would be what weber's value would be to the canucks. i guess you could sub kesler in there for any of those peices as well

kushh 05-07-2010 04:25 AM

Weber, Arnott & Pickard
for
Schroeder, Raymond, Bieksa, Schneider, 1st, 1st & a 2nd




Shea Weber - Jordan Schroeder, Mason Raymond, 2010 1st, 2011 1st & 2nd

Jason Arnott - Kevin Bieksa

Chet Pickard - Cory Schneider

worstfaceoffmanever 05-07-2010 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonaRider (Post 25668037)
Lets go a different direction.

Raymond for Franson straight up?

I assume you mean that sarcastically, since our two fan bases have tossed this idea around for nearly a year now...

We're no longer in a position to make this move. With the Tootoo extension and Wilson's successful transition to the wing (I can't imagine a scenario where he goes back to playing center; or maybe I just don't want to, since it means we're probably having serious injury problems up the gut), we have to move another winger before we can bring one in.

oceanchild 05-07-2010 05:09 AM

what about Grabner, Hodgson, 2010 and 2011 first for Suter instead you can also throw in a low tear prospect like Shikov as well. I offer these players over a raymond because of your salary situation but you could subsitue.

I know Vancouver would have to pay through the nose to get Weber or Suter but our window is open and we are missing this piece so it would be worth it to make it happen. we could also absorb dumonts salary to help.

I wonder if a star forward was offered if your GM would take it *=(someone like Semin) those players come with pricey contracts

triggrman 05-07-2010 06:51 AM

Suter would cost as much or maybe even more than Weber.

Enoch 05-07-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanchild (Post 25679442)
what about Grabner, Hodgson, 2010 and 2011 first for Suter instead you can also throw in a low tear prospect like Shikov as well. I offer these players over a raymond because of your salary situation but you could subsitue.

I know Vancouver would have to pay through the nose to get Weber or Suter but our window is open and we are missing this piece so it would be worth it to make it happen. we could also absorb dumonts salary to help.

I wonder if a star forward was offered if your GM would take it *=(someone like Semin) those players come with pricey contracts

The only way we trade Suter is if he out-prices us or makes it clear that he will not resign. If we were forced to move him, a package like this would be a good start if not suitable.

MarkMM 05-08-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KonaRider (Post 25668037)
I know Weber has a boatload of value to any team he plays on. He is one amazing D, probably one of the best up and coming players in the league. Maybe second, or slightly ahead of, Suter hah.

You guys are very lucky.


Lets go a different direction.

Raymond for Franson straight up?

Vancouver could definitely use a big, promising young defenseman (RIP Luc Bourdon), but this might be an awkward trade for both sides. For the Canucks, Raymond is a 25-goal scoring forward who looks to be a 30-goal potential young forward, who is responsible defensively enough to be used on the penalty-kill.

For Nashville, Raymond will be looking for about a $2-3 million in salary as an RFA. So a straight-up trade would mean Nashville would be eating a salary increase.

oceanchild 05-11-2010 04:06 AM

Raymond (signed for 2.75), Schroeder, Burrows, Vancouver 1 (2010), Shirokov,Coyotes 6th (2010) to Nashville for Ryan Suter?

This is much more than the ducks got for pronger it solves some depth problems for you up from by adding 60 goals and a top notch prospect. it also adds a couple picks and a player with some upside all players are on great deals.

triggrman 05-11-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanchild (Post 25746299)
Raymond (signed for 2.75), Schroeder, Burrows, Vancouver 1 (2010), Shirokov,Coyotes 6th (2010) to Nashville for Ryan Suter?

This is much more than the ducks got for pronger it solves some depth problems for you up from by adding 60 goals and a top notch prospect. it also adds a couple picks and a player with some upside all players are on great deals.

I don't think Nashville could pass that up.

Bad Karma 05-11-2010 08:29 AM

Burrows is nothing without the Sedin's just like Anson Carter wasn't.

glenngineer 05-11-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jones93 (Post 25747169)
Burrows is nothing without the Sedin's just like Anson Carter wasn't.

Not so sure of that. His numbers have gone up this year playing with those two yet he put up 28g/23a the year before and I don't think he was playing with them. He's also had 12 short handed points the last two years which would be a nice addition to our team. Add him and Raymond up front and you add some good players with speed and some grit. Plus the other guys and pick in the trade, I'd have a hard time turning that one down to be honest and I think Suter is the better player of him and Weber.

predfan98 05-11-2010 10:18 AM

Was watching Gonchar last night. Would love to see Suter develop a shot like that. Incredible.

MarkMM 05-11-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenngineer (Post 25747870)
Not so sure of that. His numbers have gone up this year playing with those two yet he put up 28g/23a the year before and I don't think he was playing with them. He's also had 12 short handed points the last two years which would be a nice addition to our team. Add him and Raymond up front and you add some good players with speed and some grit. Plus the other guys and pick in the trade, I'd have a hard time turning that one down to be honest and I think Suter is the better player of him and Weber.

Agreed, Samuelsson has been playing with the Sedins a lot this season, and Burrows has been moved around a fair bit. He's a solid penalty-killer and good forechecker, he went from being an undrafted roller-hockey player to getting in the ECHL, AHL, then as a fourth-line energy guy, then third-line checking guy who was good at the penalty kill, developed chemistry with Kesler as a speedy forechecker who had surprising amounts of skill in tight, and then he blossomed with the Sedins. So he became famous with the Sedins, but he proved his value and versatility (not to mention Cinderella motivational story) long before.

That said, I can't see the Canucks parting with all that, not that I disagree that this would be what it may cost to get Suter/Weber, but Raymond AND Burrows is a steep chunk and Schroeder is exciting many, plus a 1st round pick is direly needed given that many of our prospects are graduating. I could see it happening if Nashville sweetened the bid a bit with a a draft pick or two, and we'd need to maybe keep Shirokov if we're losing two of our wingers.

oceanchild 05-11-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMM (Post 25752390)
Agreed, Samuelsson has been playing with the Sedins a lot this season, and Burrows has been moved around a fair bit. He's a solid penalty-killer and good forechecker, he went from being an undrafted roller-hockey player to getting in the ECHL, AHL, then as a fourth-line energy guy, then third-line checking guy who was good at the penalty kill, developed chemistry with Kesler as a speedy forechecker who had surprising amounts of skill in tight, and then he blossomed with the Sedins. So he became famous with the Sedins, but he proved his value and versatility (not to mention Cinderella motivational story) long before.

That said, I can't see the Canucks parting with all that, not that I disagree that this would be what it may cost to get Suter/Weber, but Raymond AND Burrows is a steep chunk and Schroeder is exciting many, plus a 1st round pick is direly needed given that many of our prospects are graduating. I could see it happening if Nashville sweetened the bid a bit with a a draft pick or two, and we'd need to maybe keep Shirokov if we're losing two of our wingers.

Yes burrows is valuable to the canucks and yes he is a great player. What you need to realise is number 1 dmen making 3.5 million are so rare its insane. If you are going to get something like that you are going to have to solve the other teams needs. Raymond can go because grabner is developing and you would have to find a top 6 to replace burrows maybe a langenbrunner out of jersy or something along those lines. this would make both teams better and vancouver has a window to win and we are in it now. I also think the Preds are in a window as well with some of there players like Arnott getting older. I think it is one heck of a price to pay but look at the player you get.

glenngineer 05-11-2010 04:39 PM

I also think getting a guy like Burrows for the price for the next 3 years is a steal, a guy who has average 30 goals for two seasons for $2 million a season, that ain't shabby and it keeps the Preds within a budget and gives us a good shot at keeping Weber.

This wouldn't happen but if it did, I wouldn't cry too much either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.