HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   GDT: Group D • 05/10/10 • Germany 0, Finland 1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=774220)

Systemfel 05-10-2010 07:20 AM

Group D • 05/10/10 • Germany 0, Finland 1
 
2010 IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP D
MAY 10 • 20:15 CET • 2:15 PM EDT
http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/logos/germany.gif vs. http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/logos/finland.gif

Live Summary

0-1. Immonen (Jokinen) 5:18, 2nd

Possible Online Live Streams
StreamTorrent

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...%B6lnarena.jpg
Lanxess Arena, Cologne, Germany

Germany
Official lineup.

Left WingCenterRight Wing
87 Philip Gogulla
57 Marcel Goc (C)
55 Felix Schütz
25 Marcel Müller
47 Christoph Ullmann
16 Michael Wolf (A)
50 Patrick Hager
18 Kai Hospelt
24 André Rankel
11 Sven Felski (A)
29 Alexander Barta
21 John Tripp

Left DefenseRight Defense
5 Korbinian Holzer
20 Robert Dietrich
52 Alexander Sulzer
3 Justin Krueger
90 Constantin Braun
77 Nicolai Goc
6 Sven Butenschön
-

Starting GoalieBackup Goalie
72 Rob Zepp
1 Dmitrij Kotschnew

ScratchedReason
G 44 Dennis Endras
Healthy

Finland
Projected lineup.

Left WingCenterRight Wing
36 Jussi Jokinen
26 Jarkko Immonen
20 Antti Miettinen
24 Sami Kapanen (C)
27 Petri Kontiola
50 Juhamatti Aaltonen
40 Antti Pihlström
22 Tommi Santala
29 Lauri Korpikoski
71 Leo Komarov
15 Juha-Pekka Hytönen
23 Riku Hahl
-
Extra Forward:
52 Jori Lehterä

Left DefenseRight Defense
41 Pasi Puistola
3 Petteri Nummelin (A)
21 Janne Niskala
44 Sami Vatanen
7 Mikko Mäenpää
5 Lasse Kukkonen (A)
6 Topi Jaakola
-

Starting GoalieBackup Goalie
31 Petri Vehanen
35 Pekka Rinne

ScratchedReason
G 31 Iiro Tarkki
Healthy

Officials
--
http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/flags/1.gif Christer LärkingReferee
http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/flags/1.gif Patrik SjöbergReferee
http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/flags/11.gif Ansis EglītisLinesman
http://www.eliteprospects.com/layout/flags/10.gif Tobias WehrliLinesman

Dfire 05-10-2010 07:22 AM

Nobody knows why but Krupp decided to start Zepp with Kotschnew backing up.

Lapa 05-10-2010 07:22 AM

Antti Miettinen is playing, according to yle.
http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/jaak...a_1670455.html
(In Finnish, but you can see the line ups in today's practice.)

Grove 05-10-2010 07:24 AM

Vehanen is starting for Finland and Miettinen is apparently also playing.

Muuri 05-10-2010 07:24 AM

Loss here and Jalonen is done.

zorz 05-10-2010 07:25 AM

This should be easy win for germans:sarcasm:

Lapa 05-10-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfire (Post 25726033)
Nobody knows why but Krupp decided to start Zepp with Kotschnew backing up.

According to MTV3, Krupp said that because Zepp has played in SaiPa -> he knows how the Finns play. :D

MJAYK 05-10-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lapa (Post 25726052)
According to MTV3, Krupp said that because Zepp has played in SaiPa -> he knows how the Finns play. :D

:surrender:scared:

Systemfel 05-10-2010 07:36 AM

Props if you can see the connection in the poll! :)

Maverick41 05-10-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lapa (Post 25726052)
According to MTV3, Krupp said that because Zepp has played in SaiPa -> he knows how the Finns play. :D

Exactly, and I'm still trying to figure out if he was joking, or if this is the real reason, but since he also said that Kotschnew would have played if they were facing a team from Eastern Europe, I think he is not joking. Though he also said something about a "gut feeling".

I like Rob Zepp as a person, as far as one can tell those things from interviews and behaviour during games, but he is no more than a solid DEL-goalie, who is unlikely to steal a game. You rarely get bad games from him, but his stellar performances are just as rare, and we will need our goalies to be outstanding in every game.

That being said I still hope that both Finland and Germany find a way to advance to the next round.

Lapa 05-10-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick41 (Post 25726102)
Exactly, and I'm still trying to figure out if he was joking, or if this is the real reason, but since he also said that Kotschnew would have played if they were facing a team from Eastern Europe, I think he is not joking. Though he also said something about a "gut feeling".

I like Rob Zepp as a person, as far as one can tell those things from interviews and behaviour during games, but he is no more than a solid DEL-goalie, who is unlikely to steal a game. You rarely get bad games from him, but his stellar performances are just as rare, and we will need our goalies to be outstanding in every game.

That being said I still hope that both Finland and Germany find a way to advance to the next round.

It looked like he was serious. :laugh: And it's SaiPa.. Prolly the worst team in the SM-liiga.

However, I wish you luck. Hope Germany proceeds to the next round. :)

mattihp 05-10-2010 07:41 AM

Hopefully finland can snag this one. Germany tends to have too much respect for Finland in the games, but the two games played in the group this far must have given Germany some confidence...

Giguere27 05-10-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 25726091)
Props if you can see the connection in the poll! :)

I would say the connection is that both played togehther in Milwaukee.

I hope for another good perfomance by the german team,but Finland has to win this game,so I don't see another suprising result.

mattihp 05-10-2010 07:43 AM

What program is needed for the streamlink?

Systemfel 05-10-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 25726121)
What program is needed for the streamlink?

StreamTorrent.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...-Torrent.shtml

mattihp 05-10-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 25726148)

Is there a mac version?

smitty10 05-10-2010 08:02 AM

I hope Sulzer continues his strong play. These WC's could possibly be his coming out party. Since the Olympics he has been playing very well, I hope he keeps it up.

Jeepers Creeper 05-10-2010 08:05 AM

Can't help it but I find myself cheering for Germany. Another upset-win after the hard fought win over the U.S. would be sweet.

Maverick41 05-10-2010 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 25726197)
I hope Sulzer continues his strong play. These WC's could possibly be his coming out party. Since the Olympics he has been playing very well, I hope he keeps it up.

I think ever since the Olympics he had a lot of confidence, and now he is looked to be one of the team leaders on defense, and this added responsibility could help him in his development. I hope it does.

Finnswiss 05-10-2010 08:50 AM

After watching the Finns by the game against against Denmark I'm afraid Finland will lose this one quite clearly and we will see them in the relegation round because USA will win against Denmark this afternoon.

QnebO 05-10-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnswiss (Post 25726472)
After watching the Finns by the game against against Denmark I'm afraid Finland will lose this one quite clearly and we will see them in the relegation round because USA will win against Denmark this afternoon.

Finland made a horrible mistake, and went like lights off, i dont care-feeling to the came, and they thought they could win with playing one hand.. They won shots 37-13 or something, but Denmarks best players (they were NHL players!) scored the goals from their only changes, and Finland was wery uneffective... But now they are awaken, i think germany has VERY hard work to beat us. I think Finland is going to play seriouse in this game now..

Germany is never easy opponent to win. They allways defense so optimally good, they have never been really easy games against Germany, manytimes its very hard to score against them, and if you make couple mistakes and give them goal or two lead, then its going to be a hell. They dont play classic offensive style hockey, but the way they play, its the only way to win with their material. If we had our best team, like olympic team, then it maybe would be easier but not with this team...

ThinMcWhistle 05-10-2010 10:44 AM

I have a feeling Finland will wake up for this game, it will still be close, but I predict a 3-2 Finland victory.

Maverick41 05-10-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiNsKa (Post 25727515)
I have a feeling Finland will wake up for this game, it will still be close, but I predict a 3-2 Finland victory.

I've got the same feeling, and Krupp's goalie choice might play to Finland's advantage.
A close game would be nice, no matter who wins it.

This is really a weird tournament for me, with my 3 favourite teams (Germany, Finland, Denmark) all playing in the same group.

mattihp 05-10-2010 12:10 PM

So... No web based stream?

Lapa 05-10-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 25728607)
So... No web based stream?

I think YLE will put a kind of stream on their website, not sure if it works abroad, or is it even a videostream. Worth trying tho.
http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/tapahtumat...mm_2010/aitio/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.