HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Specific Blade Pattern Advice (Ice) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=774255)

fuzzerson 05-10-2010 11:00 AM

Specific Blade Pattern Advice (Ice)
 
I have been using a wood (fiberglass reinforced) Montreal for years. I want to convert to graphite but dont like the fact I cant monkey with the curve (fire and door jam technique). I like a mid moderate curve with closed rounded toe. Any advise?

Heat McManus 05-10-2010 11:03 AM

P88 Kane curve from Bauer (used to be P88 Lindros)

stick9 05-10-2010 11:11 AM

CCM Thornton will work too.

BadHammy* 05-10-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heat McManus (Post 25727739)
P88 Kane curve from Bauer (used to be P88 Lindros)

Dono if I'd call that moderate though. Neither is Thornton, I think it's 3/4. It's actually a hard curve to find if you want a closed toe. You might need to adjust to PM9 or Forsberg if you can deal with mid-heel.

Heat McManus 05-10-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donGjohnson (Post 25728886)
Dono if I'd call that moderate though. Neither is Thornton, I think it's 3/4. It's actually a hard curve to find if you want a closed toe. You might need to adjust to PM9 or Forsberg if you can deal with mid-heel.

True. It's not as moderate as the PM9. Bit more closed as well.

Can't stand it though personally lol.

fuzzerson 05-10-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donGjohnson (Post 25728886)
Dono if I'd call that moderate though. Neither is Thornton, I think it's 3/4. It's actually a hard curve to find if you want a closed toe. You might need to adjust to PM9 or Forsberg if you can deal with mid-heel.

What about the Warrior Kolvalchuk, does that fit my description?

Hockeyfan68 05-10-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzerson (Post 25727694)
I have been using a wood (fiberglass reinforced) Montreal for years. I want to convert to graphite but dont like the fact I cant monkey with the curve (fire and door jam technique). I like a mid moderate curve with closed rounded toe. Any advise?

Check out the various internet websites that offer blade charts. Most companies have their own versions of "NHL players" curves and vary from company to company a little bit.

But you seem to want a Heatley (Easton), Recchi (CCM), Iginla, Lindros(P88) type curve.

Take a peek here and look at some. http://www.hockeymonkey.com/blade-pattern-chart.html

stick9 05-10-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzerson (Post 25732047)
What about the Warrior Kolvalchuk, does that fit my description?

Yeah and the Fedorov/Savard might work as well. The face is just slightly open and it's more of a mid/heel.

Jarick 05-11-2010 11:40 AM

Kovalchuk would probably be closest, but here's some tools:

Player's Bench blade comparison

Mod Squad pattern database


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.