HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WC: Jagr to Czech NHL players: They should be kissing ass of guys like Reichel and Dopita (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=774762)

slovakiasnextone 05-11-2010 04:52 PM

Jagr to Czech NHL players: They should be kissing ass of guys like Reichel and Dopita
 
"Those who didnīt come should be kissing ass of players like Reichel and Dopita"

Q: Do you think that the Czech players in the NHL wouldnīt be there without players from previous generation?
Jágr: "Those that decline comming to the WHC should realize this. That Reichel, Výborný, Patera, Procházka, Ručinský have been winning championships and made Czech hockey famous. Thanks to them these young players made it to the NHL. Hardly would someone choose a Czech player if we hadnīt been winning the WHC. Too bad that todayīs players have forgotten it. They should be opening the doors to others now. But for that everyone of them has to have a talk with their conscience."

Q: For example in the Russian team, the NHL stars donīt excuse themselves, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk came to the WHC....Isnīt it the Russian mentality? Are the russians more proud of representing their country?
Jágr: "Itī s not about Czech or Russian nature. Anyone can say whatever they want. Everyone should look at guys like Patera, Procházka, the Kaberle bros, Rucinsky, Vyborny. At how many WHC were those guys....And noone had to talk them into it. Reichel! Dopita! The younger players should kiss the ass of these guys."

LINK for whole interview in Czech

kajoo 05-11-2010 04:59 PM

agree with Jagr here, many players used NT to showcase themselves on international stage, signed nice contracts and now, when NTīs calling, they turned a deaf ear.

MontrealHabitant 05-11-2010 05:06 PM

Here's a memo from the NHL players for you Mr 10 Millions dollars man Jagr and this goes for all the countries.

The WC is not a "reality" for the NHL - never has been and never will be so until some deals/fixes get done, this isn't going to change.

slovakiasnextone 05-11-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant (Post 25755105)
Here's a memo from the NHL players for you Mr 10 Millions dollars man Jagr and this goes for all the countries.

The WC is not a "reality" for the NHL - never has been and never will be so until some deals/fixes get done, this isn't going to change.

Thatīs ********. The WHC has been a starting point of an NHL career for many European players, Czechs included. Ľubo Višňovský might have never played a single NHL game if he hadnīt won a medal with Slovakia at the 2000 WHC and was then later drafted at 24 by Kings thanks to his performance. A few more players got drafted from that Slovak team that year.

Plus, this is not only about the NHL, it is also about the Czechs fans, they care about the WHC a zillion times more than about the NHL. Czech NHL "stars" shouldnīt be surprised if they abandon them at the OG next time.

cska78 05-11-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant (Post 25755105)
Here's a memo from the NHL players for you Mr 10 Millions dollars man Jagr and this goes for all the countries.

The WC is not a "reality" for the NHL - never has been and never will be so until some deals/fixes get done, this isn't going to change.

why do u take your time to post garbage about the tournament in almost every thread about the WC. If you don't care 'bout it, don't post in every darn topic...

RusskiyHockey 05-11-2010 05:18 PM

It's a true shame what's going on this year. I understand if Olympians take a pass on the WC in the same year, but what about the Canadian, American, Czech, Swedish, Finnish, and Slovak non-Olympians who didn't make the NHL playoffs? It's understandable if some can't make it due to fatigue or injury, but this time it's a mass movement of no-shows. If anyone deserves to be relaxing at the beach right now, it's Jagr.

slovakiasnextone 05-11-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RusskiyHockey (Post 25755289)
It's a true shame what's going on this year. I understand if Olympians take a pass on the WC in the same year, but what about the Canadian, American, Czech, Swedish, Finnish, and Slovak non-Olympians who didn't make the NHL playoffs? It's understandable if some can't make it due to fatigue or injury, but this time it's a mass movement of no-shows. If anyone deserves to be relaxing at the beach right now, it's Jagr.

We donīt have any actually. Itīs KHL and rest of Europe both Olympians and non-Olympians saying no. Canīt say that Iīm sorry about the loss of 99% any of them anyway. ;)

MontrealHabitant 05-11-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 25755254)
why do u take your time to post garbage about the tournament in almost every thread about the WC. If you don't care 'bout it, don't post in every darn topic...

Oh really.

So what garbage are you talking about ? Players just played a 82 games season + Olympics, you think they want to play some extra games during their vacations ? I doubt it, and this is a worldwide phenomenon, every countries is feeling it yet some here like to turn a blind eye to this because they "enjoy" it ?


I'm not the one who doesn't care about this tournament, I like international tournaments, but this year it is an overdose of hockey for the players themselves.

What does Jagr expect ? I'd tell him to ******* off if I was a Czech NHL player, maybe some enjoys their vacations with their family and all. After all he should know this. Oh but wait, he's already been doing that because the KHL season is over ? Well it's quite sad but NHLers are just finishing up about right now.

Kamzik 05-11-2010 05:47 PM

I think I sympathize somewhat with Jiri Hudler. If I was him I would be pissed too that I didn't get an Olympics invite. If Ruzicka wasn't interested in him in February, then May should be no different. Good luck to Jiri next year back in Detroit.

MontrealHabitant 05-11-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiaforever (Post 25755205)
Thatīs ********. The WHC has been a starting point of an NHL career for many European players, Czechs included. Ľubo Višňovský might have never played a single NHL game if he hadnīt won a medal with Slovakia at the 2000 WHC and was then later drafted at 24 by Kings thanks to his performance. A few more players got drafted from that Slovak team that year.

Plus, this is not only about the NHL, it is also about the Czechs fans, they care about the WHC a zillion times more than about the NHL. Czech NHL "stars" shouldnīt be surprised if they abandon them at the OG next time.

Most of yours points are addressed in my post above.

But what do you expect ? Plus right now, it is showcasing young players, at least that's the path Canada and USA took. ( with so so results, as it should be expected)

I'm sure younger Europeans players enjoy this very much right now, the issue at hand is that this is supposed to be a serious tournament and not a showcase for young talent, but this is a complicated issue considering the NHL hardly can deal with the Olympics, don't think they're willing to deal with the WC's.

jekoh 05-11-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 25755693)
I think I sympathize somewhat with Jiri Hudler. If I was him I would be pissed too that I didn't get an Olympics invite.

What is he, 12?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 25755693)
If Ruzicka wasn't interested in him in February, then May should be no different.

May is different: some of the top players are unavailable, you need 2nd tier players to replace them.

slovakiasnextone 05-11-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant (Post 25755699)
Most of yours points are addressed in my post above.

But what do you expect ? Plus right now, it is showcasing young players, at least that's the path Canada and USA took. ( with so so results, as it should be expected)

I'm sure younger Europeans players enjoy this very much right now, the issue at hand is that this is supposed to be a serious tournament and not a showcase for young talent, but this is a complicated issue considering the NHL hardly can deal with the Olympics, don't think they're willing to deal with the WC's.

Iīm glad that youīre willin to agree that the NHL is also at fault for the current situation of the WHC.

However, yes Canada can showcase their young talent with their depth, so can Sweden now. Wouldnīt really say that what US is doing right now is showcasing though. But other teams donīt have this depth and if they play their young Euro players they need some leadership from the NHL guys, just like the guys before them got.

Say whatever you want but Jágr is right, the majority of previous generation Czech and also Slovak NHLers had a much greater attitude towards the WHC and the national team. IMO Pavol Demitra played with a broken finger at the WHC in 2003, canīt really imagine a guy like gáborík ever doing that. Because these players felt like they owned something to the countries that brought them up and thought this was the best opportunity to give back.

Zine 05-11-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant (Post 25755626)
I'm not the one who doesn't care about this tournament, I like international tournaments, but this year it is an overdose of hockey for the players themselves.

I can agree with the bolded part.
However, I doubt Jagr was talking about just this year. There does seem to be a trend with Czech players declining invites, but I suspect at least some of it has to do with Ruzicka.

Kamzik 05-11-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekoh (Post 25755762)
What is he, 12?


May is different: some of the top players are unavailable, you need 2nd tier players to replace them.

Hudler isn't "2nd tier". The Czechs had Plekanec, Krejci, Vasicek, and Cervenka as centres in Vancouver. Some great players for sure, but I'm afraid Hudler is better than some of them. He's got a Stanley Cup ring playing 2nd and 3rd line centre. Respect.

Danish Pastry 05-11-2010 06:11 PM

Personally i dont mind the American players who just played a full season not going... Dont get me wrong I want the USA to send the best players and win it...

but man of these guys have been playing hockey for the last 9 months if they want to rest let them... now if they pass on the olympics then i would be livid...

also this gives teams like Denmark and other small nations a great chance to showcase their talents and showcase young players...

slovakiasnextone 05-11-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 25756028)
Hudler isn't "2nd tier". The Czechs had Plekanec, Krejci, Vasicek, and Cervenka as centres in Vancouver. Some great players for sure, but I'm afraid Hudler is better than some of them. He's got a Stanley Cup ring playing 2nd and 3rd line centre. Respect.

I donīt understand Ruzickaīs love for Cervenka. I feel sorry for Jagr to have to play with him, give jaromir Voracek please already.

slovakiasnextone 05-11-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danish Pastry (Post 25756054)
Personally i dont mind the American players who just played a full season not going... Dont get me wrong I want the USA to send the best players and win it...

but man of these guys have been playing hockey for the last 9 months if they want to rest let them... now if they pass on the olympics then i would be livid...

also this gives teams like Denmark and other small nations a great chance to showcase their talents and showcase young players...

The thing is that the WHC is almost just as big as the OG for the majority of Czeh fans......

Danish Pastry 05-11-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovakiaforever (Post 25756090)
The thing is that the WHC is almost just as big as the OG for the majority of Czeh fans......

damn... well then it is sad imo... if the tourny is that important to the Czech's then I would hope all their best players would want to go...

it may just be the mentality of the players...

i think most north americans think much more of the NHL playoffs than anything...

personally for me stanley cup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> int. gold

jekoh 05-11-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamzik (Post 25756028)
Hudler isn't "2nd tier". The Czechs had Plekanec, Krejci, Vasicek, and Cervenka as centres in Vancouver. Some great players for sure, but I'm afraid Hudler is better than some of them. He's got a Stanley Cup ring playing 2nd and 3rd line centre. Respect.

Bottom line is in the coach's opinion Hudler wasn't amongst the top 4 available centers in February, now he is. So it's entirely justified to call him now and not in February.

slovakiasnextone 05-11-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danish Pastry (Post 25756149)
damn... well then it is sad imo... if the tourny is that important to the Czech's then I would hope all their best players would want to go...

it may just be the mentality of the players...

i think most north americans think much more of the NHL playoffs than anything...

personally for me stanley cup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> int. gold

Yeah, itīs a different mentality. The majority of Europeans prefer international succes over club succes. And many young European players grow up dreaming about playing at the WHC alongside of dreaming about the NHL as well.

One more thing that many people might not realize, is that this is not good for the popularity of hockey in CZE at all. Of course there are the die hard fans who care about the Extraliga and NHL etc., but the majority of Czechs watch hockey mainly during international play. Plus the lack of succes on the international level can mean less money from the government in favour of other internationally succesful sports. Plus letīs not even talk about the sponsors, it is quite different to get them for team winning golds and for one having trouble to make it into the quarterfinals. This could mean diaster for Czech hockey, even a bigger one than it already is.

bigtimehockeyfan 05-11-2010 06:27 PM

Every WHC after the Olympics are always a bust. One reason is because of the long, compact NHL season, and the other is because the next Olympics are so far off, and that's not an incentive to showcase yourself at the WHC.

Dfire 05-11-2010 06:32 PM

What's behind those words: NHL recruting is entirely meritocratic and thus far from being a system that truly finds the best talent.

crabcz 05-11-2010 06:32 PM

Dominance of czech national team during late 90's and early 00's more than doubled number of czech players in the NHL. It's declining together with results of our national team ever since.

The Fuhr 05-11-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jekoh (Post 25756238)
Bottom line is in the coach's opinion Hudler wasn't amongst the top 4 available centers in February, now he is. So it's entirely justified to call him now and not in February.

It's an insult to ask him now. That's why Canada did not ask MSL to play the WHC. "Your not good enough for the Olympics but we want you now"

Czechs should have known better to insult Hudler by asking. Follow Canadas example

Zine 05-11-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fuhr (Post 25756467)
It's an insult to ask him now. That's why Canada did not ask MSL to play the WHC. "Your not good enough for the Olympics but we want you now"

Czechs should have known better to insult Hudler by asking. Follow Canadas example

Only a player with a big ego would consider it an insult.
"Because I wasn't selected for for the Olympics, I'm done with the national team. Waaaaahh":shakehead

I think many of these spoiled players need to realize that playing for the NT is a privilege, not a right........and if they don't understand this, is that the type of player you want on the team?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.