HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Help...Need to replace my Kor Shift 2's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=774792)

fielder 05-11-2010 06:27 PM

Help...Need to replace my Kor Shift 2's

Bought a pair of Kor Shift 2 skates 2 years ago. Far and away the best fitting, most comfortable skates I have ever had. Problem is, they didn't last worth a *****....toe caps are separating from the base and I have cracks/chips missing from the carbon footbed. Having said that, they are so comfortable that I would buy another pair even if they only lasted another 2 seasons (size 11 if anyone has a pair for sale)

Here is what I like about them:

1) Extremely stable footbed, not narrow.
2) Great power return
3) Very comfortable and firm without being stiff.

I have looked all over Fleabay, Hockey Outlets, etc and cannot find a pair in size 11, so can anyone suggest a suitable alternative to these, particularly if you have owned a pair and had to replace them.

Thanks

:(

WhipNash27 05-11-2010 06:41 PM

Kor went out of business, so you're going to have a very hard time finding them. I dread the day that I have to replace my Shift 2's.

fielder 05-11-2010 07:11 PM

Thanks dubi,

I know Kor closed up shop almost 2 years ago and its killing me to have to replace these.

frito 05-12-2010 09:30 AM

Have you tried Graf? Of course, with Graf there has to be a well trained dealer in your area for your first foray into them to make sure you get the proper style to fit your foot.

difren 05-12-2010 11:59 AM

I bought an extra pair of Shift 1's because I wanted to delay a post similar to yours. Good luck. Kor really did make some great skates, I love my Shift 1's.

fielder 05-13-2010 09:25 AM

frito,

I was considering Graf but they are typically a much narrower skate. I think you are correct in that I need to see a well trained dealer for these.

difren, smart move on your part. I was going to go back and buy another pair about a month after my first pair but as the old story goes, I never got around to it. I am kicking myself in the a** for not doing it.

If anyone has any other suggestions for different brands that my be similar, it would be greatly appreciated, especially from former Kor owners who have had to replace them with another brand.

TBLfan 05-13-2010 07:13 PM

The Kor Shift 1 was basically stolen by Torpso, so if you can find the Torpso skates... Yeah. They were even made in the same factory.

I'm not sure if HG still has the Gear skates but those are also Kor(SMU).

The Shift 2 was wider and deeper than the Shift 1. Probably the closest to that fit would be a U+ but the heel will be a little wide. The TotalOne would be another option, they lowered the cut of the boot so it's a bit closer to the fit of Kor than the one95s were.

Paranoid Android 05-13-2010 08:08 PM

Damn, I have an extra pair for sale but they are only size 9.

I'm right with you, they are the best skates I've ever had. They price was right too since they were so unknown. What I liked about them was the entire skate was molded to your foot, not just the heel part. It has great response and heel lock. I also like the low cut feel.

If anyone wants them send me a PM

fielder 05-14-2010 01:45 PM

Everyone,

Thanks for the responses and advice. It is greatly appreciated. I will let you know how I make out.

Leth 05-14-2010 02:48 PM

If you come across a pair of 10.5's please PM me. I'm kicking myself for not keeping the 2nd pair of the 2 sets I bought. Although mine are currently holding up really well, you never know! Love these skates.

fielder 05-18-2010 01:43 PM

I managed to find a vendor on eb@y with new Kor's that has a size 11. Bought them yesterday. Apparently the vendor has multiple pairs of Shift 1 and 2 but only had one pair of size 11 Shift 2. $79 plus shipping.

I will update you once they show up to see if the vendor lives up to his rep on eb@y.

timekeep 05-19-2010 03:31 AM

sweet deal

fielder 05-30-2010 04:05 PM

Here is the update:

Paid for skates on 17th, arrived on 28th, 11 days from California to Ontario, Canada, not bad...Total cost with shipping - US$109 ($79 + $30 international shipping).

Skates had been sharpened but I believe the vendor did this thinking he was doing me a favor. Clearly they were only sharpened once. The skates are new and had not been worn or heated. Minor imperfection (scratch) on the top of one of the toe caps, however this may have occured during shipping. That aside, skates are as new and came with Superfeet insoles.

I tried getting two pair however vendor only had 1 pair left in size 11 for Kor 2. Vendor claims to have multiple pairs of new Shift 1 & 2 in other sizes. I know first hand how difficult it has been to try and replace my skates. To those interested, PM me, I will pass along the info and you can decide if you want to deal with the vendor.

Overall, I was satisfied with the vendor other than communication with him was a little difficult at times. Having said that, he did do what I asked and what he said he would do. Vendor had a 100% rating on eb*y with over 250 transactions, so I figued it was a reasonable risk to take. I now have my new pair of Kor Shift 2's for about 1/4 of what I would have ended up paying for a comparable replacement skate so I am happy.

Thanks again to everyone for your help and good luck to all.