HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Team Finland All-Stars 1985 and later born players only? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=775141)

Jaymond Flurrie 05-12-2010 01:07 PM

Team Finland All-Stars 1985 and later born players only?

Two notes first:
1) I have no idea if this is the right place for this. Moderators can move this if needed
2) This is not flaming against anyone. I would just like to see opinions. I am totally aware that the level is lower compared to earlier generations, but the question is that how low it is?

So, how do you see Team Finland All-Star Team (say, name the team to hypothetical 2010 World Cup of Hockey with 3G, 7D and 13F) when considering only the players that were born 1985 or after. Yes, I'm totally aware that 1983 and 1984 would have several good players, and that's exactly why I draw the line to 1985.

I'd say Mikael Granlund and Sami Vatanen plus NHLers Petteri Nokelainen, Lauri Korpikoski, Mikko Lehtonen, Perttu Lindgren, Teemu Laakso, Jesse Joensuu, Oskar Osala and Tuukka Rask are there, but who would the other two goalies, five d-men and six forwards be? How would you form the lines?

edit. My goalie trio would be Rask-Rämö-Helenius.

Stifmeister 05-12-2010 02:30 PM

Well you've had 0 replies so far. Maybe that's because we don't have any all-star players born after 1985. :laugh:

Wait... That's nothing to laugh about.. :shakehead

Jaymond Flurrie 05-12-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stifmeister (Post 25773413)
Well you've had 0 replies so far. Maybe that's because we don't have any all-star players born after 1985. :laugh:

Wait... That's nothing to laugh about.. :shakehead

Yeah, I knew that this is not an easy question. A typical NHL fan probably can't answer this, the right person to answer this is someone who follows at least Team Finland very actively, preferable Euroleagues like KHL, Elitserien and SM-Liiga too.

Personally I follow a bit of SM-Liiga and some Team Finland games (rarely EHT), so I'm not the right person to name a full team.

Leo Komarov, Jori Lehterä, Jesse Jyrkkiö might be a couple to consider. You find better? Go ahead, that's exactly what I'm asking for here.

Systemfel 05-12-2010 02:39 PM

Hietanen?

Stifmeister 05-12-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie (Post 25773520)
Yeah, I knew that this is not an easy question. A typical NHL fan probably can't answer this, the right person to answer this is someone who follows at least Team Finland very actively, preferable Euroleagues like KHL, Elitserien and SM-Liiga too.

If you really want names then I'd say Granlund and Komarov. Those players will be our most valuable players in the future. Next Selänne or Koivu? We can only wait..

ES 05-12-2010 03:35 PM

Quickly done - 2G 6D 12F

Rask
Rämö

Kuukka-Vatanen
Lehtivuori-Hietanen
Mäntymaa-Laakso

Osala-Granlund-Aaltonen
Joensuu-Lindgren-Lehtonen
Hartikainen-Lehterä-Enlund
Komarov-Nokelainen-Korpikoski

Jaymond Flurrie 05-12-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ES (Post 25774716)
Quickly done - 2G 6D 12F

Rask
Rämö

Kuukka-Vatanen
Lehtivuori-Hietanen
Mäntymaa-Laakso

Osala-Granlund-Aaltonen

Thanks! This looks something like I was looking for.

Compare this to similar Team Canada or Team Sweden or Team USA and it really doesn't look that good.

Then again, if in your hockey team goalie and coaching (whole tactical section) works, your team is going far.

Lehtz 05-12-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ES (Post 25774716)
Quickly done - 2G 6D 12F

Rask
Rämö

Kuukka-Vatanen
Lehtivuori-Hietanen
Mäntymaa-Laakso

Osala-Granlund-Aaltonen

Can't really change that at all, perfect list? Maybe you could argue about Kiiskinen making it instead of Hartikainen, but other than that can't come up with anyone else.

Players that are most close to make it or might have a chance make it in near future (like in season or two), would probably be for me something like:
F: Kiiskinen, Kähkönen, Lucenius, Tukonen, Wirtanen, Ahtola, Ramstedt, Koskiranta, Huhtala, Rask, Rajala?, Pulkkinen?
D: Ilvonen, Lajunen, Uotila, Jalvanti, Mielonen, Aleksi Laakso?, Järvinen?, Vittasmäki?
G: Rynnäs, Tarkki, Koskinen, Säteri, Helenius, Engren, Järvinen, Ortio, Raanta.
Might be a bit off with defenders, but couldn't really come up with too many names anyway :help::shakehead.

FiLe 05-12-2010 07:24 PM

Tuukka Rask
Karri Rämö
Harri Säteri

Joonas Järvinen - Sami Vatanen
Jyri Niemi - Juuso Hietanen
Joonas Lehtivuori- Teemu Laakso
Mikko Kuukka

Mikko Lehtonen - Jori Lehterä - Juhamatti Aaltonen
Teemu Hartikainen - Mikael Granlund - Teemu Pulkkinen
Oskar Osala - Teemu Ramstedt - Lauri Korpikoski
Leo Komarov - Petteri Nokelainen - Jesse Joensuu
Perttu Lindgren

Goalies were easy. I could also have placed names like Rynnäs or Raanta and Koskinen before Säteri, but eh.

Defense - not so easy. Ironically enough, I had most trouble finding L-sided puck-moving D-men. Those born between 1980-84 -several. But there are whopping three right-sided guys there (Vatanen, Hietanen, Laakso).

Forwards - surprisingly easy. Lindgren could also be a 3rd line C, but I put Ramu there, because I think he would be more suitable to center an 'energy' line like that.

Tony Piscotta 05-29-2010 01:40 PM

Goaltending

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiLe (Post 25781029)
Tuukka Rask
Karri Rämö
Harri Säteri

Goalies were easy. I could also have placed names like Rynnäs or Raanta and Koskinen before Säteri, but eh.

It's a shame that neither Helenius nor Hovinen are on this list. At the younger ages it seemed like they would surely be top flight but to this point I'd have to concur. Also would be curious as to why you place Sateri ahead of Atte Engren or even Iiro Tarkki?

afrobomber11 06-05-2010 09:47 PM

how about lauri tukonen or teemu pulkinen

maybe even toni rajala, who was great for the wheaties