HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What if Gainey goes nuts....... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=77570)

Mooch 05-12-2004 08:33 PM

What if Gainey goes nuts.......

And decides not to sign Kovalev or any other free agent and says "bring up the kids and lets get cheap"... :eek:

This probably wont happen, but what would be your lines if that did happen, and Perezhogan was allowed to play.....

I would go with..............

Zednik, Koivu, Perezhogan
Hossa, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Pleks, Ward
Langdon, Begin, Dwyer (AKA Human Punch Bag) :D

Whats your line-up????

CH Wizard 05-12-2004 08:35 PM

Zednik-Koivu-Kats
Ryder-Ribeiro-Perezhogin
Bulis-Pleks-Ward that seems good to me
Langdon-Begin-Dwyer that is a good idea too but i dont think that this line will score more than 5 goals a season :)

Mooch 05-12-2004 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatone
Zednik-Koivu-Kats
Ryder-Ribeiro-Perezhogin
Bulis-Pleks-Ward that seems good to me
Langdon-Begin-Dowd

Hey, i said no free agents, that means no Dowd......

leafaholix* 05-12-2004 08:37 PM

Perezhogin can't jump from the AHL to top 6 NHL duties.

CH Wizard 05-12-2004 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey, i said no free agents, that means no Dowd......

ya I put Dwyer the fourth line is a scary line for the other team

Mooch 05-12-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix

Huuuuuh, do you have to parade on our fun, yes that right FUN.

And who say he cant make the jump to first line duties???

Pitsburg had so many guys this season make the big jump from ahl to nhl 1st line!

not quite yoda 05-12-2004 08:55 PM

But Gainey WON'T go nuts! :banana:

And Hamilton will rule North American hockey in 2005! :banana:

As the NHL will be on a respirator! :cry:

:jump:

leafaholix* 05-12-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Huuuuuh, do you have to parade on our fun, yes that right FUN.

And who say he cant make the jump to first line duties???

Pitsburg had so many guys this season make the big jump from ahl to nhl 1st line!

That's because Pittsburgh's team is an AHL team.

FF de Mars 05-12-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

Why not?

Mooch 05-12-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

That's because Pittsburgh's team is an AHL team.

But are they not doing it. Wont hurt, except for loosing for a while....

Habruti! 05-12-2004 09:00 PM

Quote:

Well that would look too much like what Ryder did this year for us...

Mooch 05-12-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habruti!

Hahahaha, great reply, totaly forgot about this kids great season. How could i do such a thing.........

velimiiro 05-12-2004 09:11 PM

If that gutless puke Bob Gainey doesn't sign Kovalev i will assassinate him!

leafaholix* 05-12-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habruti!

Except that Ryder's 3 years older and a totally different player then Perez.

You can also compare Perez to what Ward's done if that's the case.

leafaholix* 05-12-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velimiiro

Wow.

:shakehead

Mooch 05-12-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Your right they are two different players. When drafted Perezhogan was expected to be an nhl regular while Ryder was never expected to be an nhl regular.

Age has nothing to with it by the way. If we bring in a 30 year old ahl player, well he do that much better than a 20 yeard old ahl player on the first line if they are simular in skill. I think not, and even if he does, the difference will me marginal.

Come on Leafaholix, i thought you were beter than that!

Beakermania* 05-12-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Uh, how bout patrice bergeron going and skipping the AHL completely and playing top 6 duty for the division winners at 18 years old. Or Trent Hunter being a top 6 player coming from the AHL. Their are some guys who are not picked in the top 10 of a draft and do this every year, sure some guys don't, but who is to say if Perez can or can't make that adjustment till we see him in camp and/or some games in the regular season.

Medicine Twin 05-12-2004 09:26 PM

The big difference is that Ryder paid his dues and most people knew at the end of last year the he was ready to make the jump to the NHL. The same cannot be said about Perezhogin. I'm not saying it's impossible for Perezhogin to make it. Anything can happen but it's not likely.

Being suspended from the AHL doesn't mean your ready for the NHL unfortunately...

leafaholix* 05-12-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Your right they are two different players. When drafted Perezhogan was expected to be an nhl regular while Ryder was never expected to be an nhl regular.

Age has nothing to with it by the way. If we bring in a 30 year old ahl player, well he do that much better than a 20 yeard old ahl player on the first line if they are simular in skill. I think not, and even if he does, the difference will me marginal.

Come on Leafaholix, i thought you were beter than that!

When you're talking about a European prospect that just came over to North America last season, age has a large role to play in it. He has less experience then Ryder and isn't as mature mentally to play in the NHL.

You don't want to throw him onto the top 2 lines because he's not eligible to play in the AHL... he has to play himself onto the roster. The best move would be to send him to Europe for next season, and not just stick him on the Habs because he's been suspended from the AHL.

The Habs haven't had great luck with 20, 21 year old players over the years... Ron Hainsey, Marcel Hossa, and Jason Ward being a couple examples. But I'd say Hainsey has been a disappointment for different reasons, his attitude and the fact that defensemen take longer to develop being the two major ones.

Mooch 05-12-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
The big difference is that Ryder paid his dues and most people knew at the end of last year the he was ready to make the jump to the NHL. The same cannot be said about Perezhogin. I'm not saying it's impossible for Perezhogin to make it. Anything can happen but it's not likely.

Being suspended from the AHL doesn't mean your ready for the NHL unfortunately...

Why do you think he isnt ready, im just curious????

Hes got good nhl speed, decent enough size(compare to Ribs), and pretty decent defensive awareness.

I think if given the chance he could keep up atleast.

leafaholix* 05-12-2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania
Uh, how bout patrice bergeron going and skipping the AHL completely and playing top 6 duty for the division winners at 18 years old. Or Trent Hunter being a top 6 player coming from the AHL. Their are some guys who are not picked in the top 10 of a draft and do this every year, sure some guys don't, but who is to say if Perez can or can't make that adjustment till we see him in camp and/or some games in the regular season.

What Patrice Bergeron did is extremely rare. That's something you see once every 7 or 8 years maybe... a kid at 18 making his way from the QMJHL to playing on Team Canada's World Championship squad.

You can't compare the two.

As for Trent Hunter, well he was 23 years old at the start of the season and has played over 200 AHL games. Much like Michael Ryder... they've "paid their dues".

Brett38 05-12-2004 09:35 PM

Does Higgins figure out anywhere on lines 3 or 4 in this upcoming year?

Mooch 05-12-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

When you're talking about a European prospect that just came over to North America last season, age has a large role to play in it. He has less experience then Ryder and isn't as mature mentally to play in the NHL.

You don't want to throw him onto the top 2 lines because he's not eligible to play in the AHL... he has to play himself onto the roster. The best move would be to send him to Europe for next season, and not just stick him on the Habs because he's been suspended from the AHL.

The Habs haven't had great luck with 20, 21 year old players over the years... Ron Hainsey, Marcel Hossa, and Jason Ward being a couple examples. But I'd say Hainsey has been a disappointment for different reasons, his attitude and the fact that defensemen take longer to develop being the two major ones.

Good point, but you never know until you try!

HF-Addict 05-12-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velimiiro

????

Medicine Twin 05-12-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Why do you think he isnt ready, im just curious????

Hes got good nhl speed, decent enough size(compare to Ribs), and pretty decent defensive awareness.

I think if given the chance he could keep up atleast.

I think it's obvious that he's still adjusting to NA hockey and NA ice. And he really didn't get going until about February this past season. I should ask you... what makes you think he's more ready than Balej?