HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Colin Wilson potential (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=776133)

Uncle Sam 05-14-2010 01:45 PM

Colin Wilson potential

What do you think Colin Wilson's potential actually is? I think he can be a point producing forward for a long time in this league.

Fire away HF!

worstfaceoffmanever 05-14-2010 02:44 PM

I would wager that he tops out around 25/45. I'll take that.

token grinder 05-14-2010 02:56 PM

i think he falls somewhere between patrick stefan and sidney crosby

tulsytrid1 05-14-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 25820065)

Going out on a limb here huh? :)

Que Sera Sera 05-14-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 25819843)

Completely agreed. I think he'll have one great year of 32+ goals.

MarkMM 05-14-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 25820065)

:laugh:

dulzhok 05-14-2010 05:12 PM

I'm hoping for the next David Legwand.

Seth Lake 05-14-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 25819843)

I agree on the goal scoring potential at 25-28 most seasons with a couple 30 plus years mixed in, but I think if Colin simply starts shooting more...he'll get in upwards of 50 assists per season.

Too many times last season we saw players indecisive with the puck coming down the wing and trying to force passes to guys that were clearly focused in on the goalie's pads waiting for rebounds. With a limited budget, that personnel style is not going to change too much...therefore, if we see a more concerted effort on the part of the players (trust me, it's preached repeatedly everyday at practice) to "shoot to create" instead of forcing a pass through the defense or simply putting one straight into the goalie's chest...then things will look up.

Far too often after his final recall Wilson attempted to force passes to veterans (Arnott and Erat) instead of shooting when he had the best scoring opportunity. After a summer of watching tape and maturing, I hope he'll feel more established and realize that he has as much right to shoot the puck as anyone and subsequently we see a much bigger contribution from him regardless of what line he plays on...

Uncle Sam 05-14-2010 08:48 PM

I really think he could have a couple point per game seasons

WartracePred 05-14-2010 08:55 PM

Centering a line with Radulov and Hornqvist -- who knows. Guess it depends on his supporting cast.

ThirdManIn 05-15-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 25822206)
I agree on the goal scoring potential at 25-28 most seasons with a couple 30 plus years mixed in, but I think if Colin simply starts shooting more...he'll get in upwards of 50 assists per season.

Too many times last season we saw players indecisive with the puck coming down the wing and trying to force passes to guys that were clearly focused in on the goalie's pads waiting for rebounds. With a limited budget, that personnel style is not going to change too much...therefore, if we see a more concerted effort on the part of the players (trust me, it's preached repeatedly everyday at practice) to "shoot to create" instead of forcing a pass through the defense or simply putting one straight into the goalie's chest...then things will look up.

Far too often after his final recall Wilson attempted to force passes to veterans (Arnott and Erat) instead of shooting when he had the best scoring opportunity. After a summer of watching tape and maturing, I hope he'll feel more established and realize that he has as much right to shoot the puck as anyone and subsequently we see a much bigger contribution from him regardless of what line he plays on...

Once again, SLake hits it square on the head.

lightning_legwand* 05-15-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 25822070)
I'm hoping for the next David Legwand.

Maybe defensively, but I hope better offensively, as long as Barry lets him go offensively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam (Post 25828488)
I really think he could have a couple point per game seasons

:nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCpredator (Post 25828874)
Centering a line with Radulov and Hornqvist -- who knows. Guess it depends on his supporting cast.

Good reason to add some more good scoring forwards once Arny, Dumont and Sully are out of here after next season!

Fortheloveofthegame 08-15-2010 08:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBrp13CxtfI

I read about Wilson shootout at a fundraiser on Preds on the Glass. Searched on You Tube. Quite entertaining. Sounds like alot of NHL guys that were from the Manatoba area played in the game. Tootoo was there.

If the link does not work. Type Colin Wilson beleve in the goal on You Tube