HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pens Fan Here in Peace (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=776541)

Mario_is_BACK!! 05-15-2010 11:08 AM

Pens Fan Here in Peace

Though I hate the Flyers as much as the next sane person (:sarcasm:), I just want to say an honest congratulations. When a team does something as historic as that, you have to have nothing but the utmost respect for them.

Well done, guys. Be proud. Now go get beat by the Habs/Sharks/Hawks. ;)

SgtJoseph 05-15-2010 02:39 PM

Apology accepted ! Just joking, thank you for your support .

ShawnTHW 05-15-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! (Post 25837427)
Though I hate the Flyers as much as the next sane person (:sarcasm:), I just want to say an honest congratulations. When a team does something as historic as that, you have to have nothing but the utmost respect for them.

Well done, guys. Be proud. Now go get beat by the Habs/Sharks/Hawks. ;)

Thanks, but I still hate you.

Breeze 44 05-15-2010 09:53 PM

Christ....it's like kissing your sister....thanks I guess :laugh:

stazza18 05-16-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 (Post 25842575)

It's funny. I was raised to be proud of all teams in our state and was a Pens fan. Until I came here. :laugh:

Mario_is_BACK!! 05-16-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieBrasco (Post 25849487)
When you have to rely on others to accomplish what you could'nt, that says a lot. Says F-A-I-L-U-R-E.

Uh... what? Clearly I said as much. :shakehead

For what it's worth, I was born in Pittsburgh but grew up in Harrisburg (12 years in Mechanicsburg, 14 down here in Charleston, SC) and my first NHL game was at the Spectrum so deep, deep, deep down inside of a dark place I have a tiny soft spot for the Flyers. And black and orange have always been my favorite colors. They are far from my most hated team.

Despite the Pens/Flyers rivalry, you truly have to have nothing but respect for any team that did what you guys pulled off. Especially since I said to a friend of mine who is a Flyers fan after Game 3 that I'd never seen a Flyers team just so... uninspired or soft. To totally re-make their outlook in one game shows just how important Gagne is to the team. Would love to see him as a Pen (I know several of you just threw up). Not only coming back from 3-0 down in the series, but 3-0 down in the game is stellar. Be proud, for sure.

If you guys lose this round or in the Finals, while it will sting look back at the miracle you pulled off last round and take immense pride and joy in that.

And when in doubt remember that "Gagne" is french for "win". Extremely appropriate.

Well done once again guys. And if I may, as a total shameless plug for a friend of mine... listen to Radio 104.5. A DJ I worked with here in Charleston, Wendy Rollins, is on in the afternoons. She kicks ass and though she can't name a Flyer, hockey is her favorite sport and right now she's beyond excited for what the Flyers have done. Give the station and Wendy some love. She's great people.

Good luck heading forward. And since that ****** showed his head, kick the tar out of the Habs.

Mario_is_BACK!! 05-16-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 (Post 25842575)

Much love, sir. Much love. ;)

Mario_is_BACK!! 05-16-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breeze 44 (Post 25845678)
Christ....it's like kissing your sister....thanks I guess :laugh:

I'm an only child so I'll take your word for it. :naughty: :p:

PhillyFan4Ever 05-16-2010 01:23 PM

i had a part in their win. i cant tell you who i am. but i am one of the most interesting men in the world.

Mario_is_BACK!! 05-16-2010 02:43 PM

Ah yes. I thought you looked familiar.

ChumpyG 05-16-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever (Post 25852090)
i had a part in their win. i cant tell you who i am. but i am one of the most interesting men in the world.

Stay thirsty my friend.

and to the OP in RE:the Pens losing to the Habs.

http://www.thetruthorthefight.com/wp...lson-muntz.gif

:D

sobrien 05-16-2010 03:38 PM

Nice, now Habs and Pens fans are fighting each other on the FLYERS board.

Just the aura of the Flyers, fights start whenever we're involved in someway :yo:

ShortBus 05-16-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! (Post 25852007)
12 years in Mechanicsburg

I was just up there last Friday for the Sprints at the Grove. I was asked to go along again this past Friday, but passed because of the game.

Mario_is_BACK!! 05-16-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortBus (Post 25855144)
I was just up there last Friday for the Sprints at the Grove. I was asked to go along again this past Friday, but passed because of the game.

I still love that little town. I get a little tear in my eye with every Jubilee Day that goes by without me able to wander the streets.

And stay classy, Chumpy. Stay classy. :shakehead

ChumpyG 05-17-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! (Post 25861510)
I still love that little town. I get a little tear in my eye with every Jubilee Day that goes by without me able to wander the streets.

And stay classy, Chumpy. Stay classy. :shakehead

Oh come on!! It was a joke! It's a picture. Of a cartoon character.

Calm down. Have some dip.

See? It's funny!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

p.s. love your avy.

bit82 05-19-2010 09:22 AM

Props to the Flyers, coming from a Pens fan.

I said last summer when they got Pronger, the Flyers made the move that could get them to the Cup Finals, and maybe even winning the Cup. It was evident the past couple years that this was a very solid hockey team, but the veteran presence Pronger brings to a team is one of the best, eg. 2006 Oilers, 2007 Ducks, 2010 Flyers. Firing Stevens has proved to be a great move, and was not easy especially considering Stevens and Homer's close firenship. Moving out an old school GM in Clarke was also another tough decision made by management, though he remains in the organization. These are moves that show the commitment this organization has to winning. I am a Pens fan, like I mentioned in the thread title, but I have always respected what the Flyers organization is about. They are a classs organization that does not accept failure and wants to win. I kind of feel myself rooting for the Flyers at this point. I have always been a big Gagne fan, own a jersey from his rookie year, and Lindros is my favorite player of all-time haha. Sounds weird. It is. My friends give me crap about it all of the time.

StandingCow 05-19-2010 09:26 AM

Holy crap... I think other pens fans might even hate you. :laugh:

macros73 05-19-2010 09:26 AM

Thank You, Flyers

Pens fan here doing the unthinkable - saying nice things about the Flyers. Thank you, Flyers, for tromping all over Montreal in the first two games. Please continue to bring tears to their fans.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

DeadPhish5858 05-19-2010 09:27 AM

There sure are alot of Pens fans popping up.

RJ8812 05-19-2010 09:33 AM

I would never give the Pens props...

StandingCow 05-19-2010 09:34 AM

Me either... this has to be a trap...

Spongolium* 05-19-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ8812 (Post 25900646)
I would never give the Pens props...

Same boat as you mate. I hate them with a passion

CptCannon 05-19-2010 09:52 AM

These pens fans are definately up to something...

Where's the camera? Are we on Candid Camera?

OriginJM 05-19-2010 09:54 AM

I don't believe it. Let me test the waters....

...Crosby sucks.

philly_28 05-19-2010 10:04 AM

Sounds like a jinx.

Or the pathetic attempt of a jinx.