HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Niittymaki proving himself in the clutch (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=77676)

Chainsaw 05-13-2004 11:18 AM

Niittymaki proving himself in the clutch

This guy to me is proving he is the real deal. He shut the door in his first clutch game where if they lose the phantoms are out. He stopped 31 0f 33 shots, thats pretty large. I felt bad for him after his first 2 starts in philly where he played stellar then went down to the phantoms he got slammed for 6 goals if i recall correctly. But the man came back tp beat the Devils the next game. To me that shows game man. Its hard not to get excited about our depth with our goaqltending Esche is only 26 we have another guy accross seas in Malek and a probable Memorial Cup winner in Tremblay. I think its a fair statement when i say that we have never been stronger in this area. It makes our prospects of 4 years ago laughable when we had Boucher, Pelletier and Ouellett.

iceman42 05-13-2004 11:25 AM

I also thought that Carter, who is coming into his first professional series in the middle of the playoffs never playing against these teams and most of the players before is doing well.

AGraveOne 05-13-2004 11:30 AM

good to hear. I like Niitymaki and elt bad for him after his great stint with the Flyers...getting sent down. Of course, it has paid off fine with Esche's play.

Anyway...go Niitymaki.

Chainsaw 05-13-2004 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman42
I also thought that Carter, who is coming into his first professional series in the middle of the playoffs never playing against these teams and most of the players before is doing well.

Like how awesome is our scouting staff with the late picks we had we drafted the best player pssible redo the draft from 98 and Gagne goes 2nd overall
other Notibles

williams
Somik
Niittymaki
Fedotenko - FA
Woywitka
Cechmanek
Carter
Richards
Ruzicka - Personal Favorite
Pletka - they drafted talent not personality
Ouellett - ya it sucks
Malek

GoneFullHextall 05-13-2004 11:38 AM

the only bad game he had was game 1 when he gave up 5. other then that he lost with no goal support. and in the 2-0 game 1 was a ENG i believe.

Dave Carlson 05-13-2004 11:49 AM

not to mention that the phantoms D has absolutely blown all playoffs.

FlyersGuy69 05-13-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vancouver_Flyers_fan
Like how awesome is our scouting staff with the late picks we had we drafted the best player pssible redo the draft from 98 and Gagne goes 2nd overall
other Notibles

williams
Somik
Niittymaki
Fedotenko - FA
Woywitka
Cechmanek
Carter
Richards
Ruzicka - Personal Favorite
Pletka - they drafted talent not personality
Ouellett - ya it sucks
Malek

don't forget about free agent pickups Seidenberg and Vandermeer too. Patrick Sharp who is also playing for us now.

I forget but was the Murrey kid a FA also?

Chainsaw 05-13-2004 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
don't forget about free agent pickups Seidenberg and Vandermeer too. Patrick Sharp who is also playing for us now.

thanks for reminding me we have so many gems its easy to forget. Siedenberg was a draft pick Vandermeer was a free agent tho

GKJ 05-14-2004 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69

Marty Murray we picked up as a free agent from Calgary to be on the Phantoms.

RoDu 05-14-2004 05:51 PM

I think within two years of Antero making the Flyers, he'll be our number one guy

GKJ 05-14-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I think within two years of Antero making the Flyers, he'll be our number one guy

Well, he'll be called up and will be traveling with the team now, since the Phantoms are done. Randy Jones, Dennis Seidenberg, Peter White, come on down...

John Flyers Fan 05-14-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Well, he'll be called up and will be traveling with the team now, since the Phantoms are done. Randy Jones, Dennis Seidenberg, Peter White, come on down...

White's play has really declined this year.

I think they'll bring up Niittymaki, Jones, Seidenberg, Slaney, Carter and Law.

The Seeker 25 05-15-2004 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
White's play has really declined this year.

I think they'll bring up Niittymaki, Jones, Seidenberg, Slaney, Carter and Law.

I sure hope so.....get the kids some experience being around a team in the ECF. It should be invaluable.