HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=777148)

Gee Wally 05-17-2010 08:24 AM

Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the offical Ticket Thread for the upcoming season. It is here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

Poster must post the ticket price.

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

SlickM32 05-17-2010 09:00 AM

At least StubHub prices will be low again....

BruinFanSam 05-17-2010 02:36 PM

My friend somehow purchased an "east package" of games against all eastern conference teams ( I think 10 or 12 games total ) that he got for Christmas...

I was searching for something like this but couldn't find it anywhere..they came with the option of buying playoff tickets (which he did)...

Anyone ever heard of this ? He had no idea where they were purchased...


I very much wish I could buy season tix but cannot afford them!!!

chuckdobbins 05-17-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoochKrew (Post 25870805)
My friend somehow purchased an "east package" of games against all eastern conference teams ( I think 10 or 12 games total ) that he got for Christmas...

I was searching for something like this but couldn't find it anywhere..they came with the option of buying playoff tickets (which he did)...

Anyone ever heard of this ? He had no idea where they were purchased...


I very much wish I could buy season tix but cannot afford them!!!

i think the mini plans are usually released closer to the start of the season. they will probably try to sell as many full and half seasons before even admitting that mini plans might be available.

SpeedyLazaro 05-17-2010 03:39 PM

Any clue when Select a Seat will be.

I need an upgrade

JWMGT90 05-17-2010 03:48 PM

I was looking to pick up ST in Bal row 15 because my friends and I like to stand up the whole game but they seem to be hard to get. Any idea how long of a wait something like that would be before it becomes available? just gotta keep calling I guess.

TheRealThornton22 05-17-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWMGT90 (Post 25872033)
I was looking to pick up ST in Bal row 15 because my friends and I like to stand up the whole game but they seem to be hard to get. Any idea how long of a wait something like that would be before it becomes available? just gotta keep calling I guess.

I got them my second year as a sth... your best bet is at the select a seat event even. I love them last row right on the isle. No one in front or behind me

JWMGT90 05-17-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealThornton22 (Post 25872064)
I got them my second year as a sth... your best bet is at the select a seat event even. I love them last row right on the isle. No one in front or behind me



That exactly what I'm looking to do also but they only pairs they had in the bal when I check last month were not a good value at all. I dont know if its worth it to grab seats I dont really want to grab something now then hope to downgrade later.

TheRealThornton22 05-17-2010 05:19 PM

It was worth it for me at least.

Other people here would know better than I but I think a lot of the seats up in the last row are owned by scalpers many of which may be jumping ship after the winter classic. Select a seat is the way to do it though.

BruinFanSam 05-17-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 25871081)
i think the mini plans are usually released closer to the start of the season. they will probably try to sell as many full and half seasons before even admitting that mini plans might be available.

So they are released by the ticket office than, correct?

Wasn't sure if it was a 3rd party package or something!

icyblue 05-17-2010 07:23 PM

Can I ask this question here? I bought tickets from Stubhub for round 3 home game 1 :cry: When will Stubhub email about canceled events? Can I send my tickets back now to get the refund or do I wait for the email? (Why do I have to send them back anyway? They're useless, unfortunately)

SpeedyLazaro 05-17-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWMGT90 (Post 25872272)
That exactly what I'm looking to do also but they only pairs they had in the bal when I check last month were not a good value at all. I dont know if its worth it to grab seats I dont really want to grab something now then hope to downgrade later.

you gotta pay your dues before you can just slide right into some primo seats.. lots of people wait a long time for good seats. Gotta pay to play.. even if that means sitting in "ok" seats for a year or two.

my seats for next season were not a good value either, and I'm hoping to upgrade as well at select-a-seat.

Looch 05-18-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoochKrew (Post 25870805)
My friend somehow purchased an "east package" of games against all eastern conference teams ( I think 10 or 12 games total ) that he got for Christmas...

I was searching for something like this but couldn't find it anywhere..they came with the option of buying playoff tickets (which he did)...

Anyone ever heard of this ? He had no idea where they were purchased...


I very much wish I could buy season tix but cannot afford them!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 25871081)
i think the mini plans are usually released closer to the start of the season. they will probably try to sell as many full and half seasons before even admitting that mini plans might be available.


They def won't be releasing them till much closer to the start of the season.


Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro (Post 25871860)
Any clue when Select a Seat will be.

I need an upgrade

Should be the weekend of June 18th. Outside chance it's the weekend of the 25th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWMGT90 (Post 25872033)
I was looking to pick up ST in Bal row 15 because my friends and I like to stand up the whole game but they seem to be hard to get. Any idea how long of a wait something like that would be before it becomes available? just gotta keep calling I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWMGT90 (Post 25872272)
That exactly what I'm looking to do also but they only pairs they had in the bal when I check last month were not a good value at all. I dont know if its worth it to grab seats I dont really want to grab something now then hope to downgrade later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealThornton22 (Post 25873372)
It was worth it for me at least.

Other people here would know better than I but I think a lot of the seats up in the last row are owned by scalpers many of which may be jumping ship after the winter classic. Select a seat is the way to do it though.

I did pretty well switching at the sel-a-seat last year as a 1st time STH. I got 4 in 329 row 8...never enen used em. Switched to 2 separate pairs of much better value seats at the sel-a-seat. They also had a couple sets of last row balconies available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro (Post 25875429)
you gotta pay your dues before you can just slide right into some primo seats.. lots of people wait a long time for good seats. Gotta pay to play.. even if that means sitting in "ok" seats for a year or two.

my seats for next season were not a good value either, and I'm hoping to upgrade as well at select-a-seat.

I think almost everyone buying in now is planing on switching during the sel-a-seat event. Lots of seats move around during the event. As a new STH I think most will be able to move to better seats. prob not what they really want.. But better than the horrible value one they are getting in the door as a STH with.

Alicat 05-18-2010 07:44 AM

the event is def. mid June.. I love my seat but I may go just so I can sit in my seat one last time before Oct. (couldn't go to game 7).

TuukkaTime 05-18-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat4537 (Post 25880382)
the event is def. mid June.. I love my seat but I may go just so I can sit in my seat one last time before Oct. (couldn't go to game 7).

You are in those "new" seats in 310 right? I don't like those, you can't make noise with them :rant:

Although I still wish I had ST's, so you win Aly :cry:

SpeedyLazaro 05-18-2010 08:32 AM

isn't select a seat usually during the week, not over the weekend?

gobruins14 05-18-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro (Post 25880701)
isn't select a seat usually during the week, not over the weekend?

It was definitely during the week last year. If I recall correctly, they schedule you for a time slot if you want to attend.

SpeedyLazaro 05-18-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobruins14 (Post 25880726)
It was definitely during the week last year. If I recall correctly, they schedule you for a time slot if you want to attend.

I hope so.. I have some sort of wedding or event every weekend in June.

Looch 05-18-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro (Post 25880701)
isn't select a seat usually during the week, not over the weekend?

Sorry about that. It I believe it starts on a Thurs. My time slot last year was in the first group the following Fri morning.

Alicat 05-18-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuukkaTime (Post 25880466)
You are in those "new" seats in 310 right? I don't like those, you can't make noise with them :rant:

Although I still wish I had ST's, so you win Aly :cry:

oh we make noise with em, just gotta hit it hard enough lol... I am so glad i didnt bet with the Flyers fans, that avitar is hideous

Joseph LaMonica 05-20-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWMGT90 (Post 25872033)
I was looking to pick up ST in Bal row 15 because my friends and I like to stand up the whole game but they seem to be hard to get. Any idea how long of a wait something like that would be before it becomes available? just gotta keep calling I guess.

I was able to get 2 in the 15th row in my 2nd year. My first year I was in 315 row 13. I moved to a "worse" location away from center ice for 319 row 15 at the select a seat. Next year I'll be in 317 row 15, back towards my more ideal location.

JWMGT90 05-20-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph LaMonica (Post 25914025)
I was able to get 2 in the 15th row in my 2nd year. My first year I was in 315 row 13. I moved to a "worse" location away from center ice for 319 row 15 at the select a seat. Next year I'll be in 317 row 15, back towards my more ideal location.

I wouldn't mind that at all. I called in over a month ago now but they dont have any pairs in the upper sections at all. I called the other day for an update still nothing open.
What are the chances somethings opens up for next season in the upper rows?

bossfan 05-20-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWMGT90 (Post 25916207)
I wouldn't mind that at all. I called in over a month ago now but they dont have any pairs in the upper sections at all. I called the other day for an update still nothing open.
What are the chances somethings opens up for next season in the upper rows?

If nothing is available now then nothing will be available until after June's Select-A-Seat. Just my opinion here, but the best value balcony locations are probably rows 3-5 in the center sections, 2-3 in the end sections, and rows 11-15 all around. So if a current STH wants to move then those are the areas that will sell out during Select-A-Seat. Rows 8-10 center and 4-10 ends are not great value and likely that is all that will remain available after Select-A-Seat. So if you are not willing to buy seats now and then hope for your desired location at Select-A-Seat then chances of them being available for you after Select-A-Seat is slim. The best way that people eventually get to their desired location is to put up with other seats for a year or two and wait for something to open up that you can grab at the Select-A-Seat event. The Bruins are not like the Celtics and Red Sox who have virtually 100% ST renewal. Bruins have more ST movement so although nothing is guaranteed your chances are fairly good that you can get to your desired area in a year or two.

Alicat 05-20-2010 02:17 PM

I talked to a guy at work and 4 of them are splitting seasons in row 6 where the Bruins shoot 1x, 2 seats a whopping $52 per game :help: I am thinking if you switch they may try to get you for more $.. If you want to move seats or get ST I would call weekly but I suspect as the draft draws closer people will renew/come back or be newbies.. I fully expect after the draft to see a spike..

Also, the Select a seat, if you cant go, you can have a proxy.I am willing with specific instructions and phone in hand to act as a proxy as I am in the city and its 20 min by train or by car for me to get there...

bossfan 05-20-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat4537 (Post 25918598)
I talked to a guy at work and 4 of them are splitting seasons in row 6 where the Bruins shoot 1x, 2 seats a whopping $52 per game :help: I am thinking if you switch they may try to get you for more $.. If you want to move seats or get ST I would call weekly but I suspect as the draft draws closer people will renew/come back or be newbies.. I fully expect after the draft to see a spike..

Also, the Select a seat, if you cant go, you can have a proxy.I am willing with specific instructions and phone in hand to act as a proxy as I am in the city and its 20 min by train or by car for me to get there...

I think that if you switch price category at Select-A-Seat you will pay the higher non-renewal price in that category just for one year, then your seats go to the lower renewal pricing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.