HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   On the Radio: Jeff Carter is back and playing (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=778670)

coolasprICE 05-21-2010 10:24 AM

Jeff Carter is back and playing
 
He's going to have an amazing game, with a hatrick and 4 assists

PacoXIII 05-21-2010 10:26 AM

Andrei Kostitsyn's perfect chance to tell people:" SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT 2003 "

Karpeqc 05-21-2010 10:28 AM

who care we got Youppi

Bullsmith 05-21-2010 10:31 AM

Don't want to wish anyone ill, but honestly the Flyers have a terrible history of rushing players back too early, and they suffer for it their entire careers (the player does. The Flyers just move on to the next victim.) I guess this isn't a concussion, so it's not the guy's whole rest of his life they're playing with (unlike with Laperiere?) but as a life-long Flyer-hater, I hope this turns out to be a terrible mistake.

LyricalLyricist 05-21-2010 10:31 AM

I'm actually a fan of him coming back. Why? I don't necessarily believe any player coming back aids a team. Sometimes with a big goal scorer like him, they try to accomodate him and others who got more ice time and were in the zone get reduced ice time and lose momentum. Then again, it could also work the way philly fans expect, that he'll come back and be on fire. I'm hoping for the first option obviously. I think it was different when gagne returned because they were desperate and everyone was in the zone. Now, they're up 2-1 series, from down 3-0, this seems like a walk in the part. Returning players can even help us. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but just trying to say, even with Carter back, doesn't necessarily mean they will be a better team than they were the first 2 games.

Quarantesix 05-21-2010 10:33 AM

let's hope that will slow down Gagne and Briere

RaMMuT 05-21-2010 10:34 AM

Its all gooooood!!

We got this man

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...lapierre10.jpg

Bill McNeal 05-21-2010 10:34 AM

Just another hurdle for this team.

InglewoodJack 05-21-2010 10:36 AM

Oh just like that time Jordan Staal came back?
Yeah...

felixd 05-21-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InglewoodJack (Post 25932527)
Oh just like that time Jordan Staal came back?
Yeah...

Exactly what I was going to say. Staal coming back didn't really boost the Pens. This isn't really a big deal.

Canadian_Brewtality 05-21-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd (Post 25932548)
Exactly what I was going to say. Staal coming back didn't really boost the Pens. This isn't really a big deal.

yeah, except Staal isnt the pens best player

Carter is their best player (arguably with Richards, depends how you wanna look at it)

M.C.G. 31 05-21-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMMuT (Post 25932501)

I came here to post this. :handclap:

It's true though, Lappy's got this

Myron Gaines* 05-21-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 25932468)
I'm actually a fan of him coming back. Why? I don't necessarily believe any player coming back aids a team. Sometimes with a big goal scorer like him, they try to accomodate him and others who got more ice time and were in the zone get reduced ice time and lose momentum. Then again, it could also work the way philly fans expect, that he'll come back and be on fire. I'm hoping for the first option obviously. I think it was different when gagne returned because they were desperate and everyone was in the zone. Now, they're up 2-1 series, from down 3-0, this seems like a walk in the part. Returning players can even help us. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but just trying to say, even with Carter back, doesn't necessarily mean they will be a better team than they were the first 2 games.

Bingo! This man knows what the **** he's talking about:handclap:

Habs 4 Life 05-21-2010 10:54 AM

I doubt he is 100%,if he plays it's probably just some pp time.Carter is a great player,I hope he doesn't play:D

Bill McNeal 05-21-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 25932691)
yeah, except Staal isnt the pens best player

Carter is their best player (arguably with Richards, depends how you wanna look at it)

Although he hasn't really shown that ability in the playoffs in his young career. Not to say he isn't an important piece for them, but right now Richards, Briere, Gagne and Pronger are all more important to that team.

Gary320 05-21-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 25932691)
yeah, except Staal isnt the pens best player

Carter is their best player (arguably with Richards, depends how you wanna look at it)

May not be the best player. But Staal is UNDERRATED. Before his injury he was the most effective player out of the three (Malkin, Crosby) imo.

Kriss E 05-21-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 25932691)
yeah, except Staal isnt the pens best player

Carter is their best player (arguably with Richards, depends how you wanna look at it)

Briere and Richards have been the Flyers' best players so far.

Carter is very solid as well, so is Gagné and Giroux.

With him in the line up or not, the Flyers play a very defensive game. If we can crash their game like we did yesterday, it won't change much.
The big question is if we can continue to play like we did yesterday.

And Staal is huge for the Pens. Shutting down Crosby is not easy in itself. But after him, you have to contain Malkin as well. Once you've done that, there's now Staal. Rolling three big centers like that is a huge luxury.
The Pens could have won versus us had Bylsma coached better.

I think we've seen this year how important coaching can be in the POs.
Boudreau looked like an amateur and so did his team. They were unprepared with no structure at all. Their game plan, full on attack. But even with that system, they were unstructured on offense.

Bylsma made the mistake of bringing very little adjustments. Hearing Letang say they won't pay any special attention to Cammalleri because he has 11-12Goals was incredibly stupid and reflects how poorly prepared the Pens were as well. He was also unable to make his star players shine. Crosby and Malkin were contained. I saw no attempt from Bylsma to calm Crosby too. He was frustrated from game 1 to 7.

Martin has been very pro-active in these POs. Some of the line up changes I don't agree with it, but overall he's been good. I couldn't believe what I heard from our team after our 6-0. They were all saying (including Martin) that not too many adjustments were needed. I seriously didn't understand that.
Again, we lost. I definitely saw changes yesterday, and we won.

Coaching has been a huge factor in these POs. It's all about adjusting to your opponent, game in and game out.

So if Carter is back, we will need to adjust to that as well.

Kboum 05-21-2010 10:59 AM

Jacques Martin should print hfboards post saying we should have pick Carter instaid of Kostitsyn, and give him.

Watch him go.... when hes playing hard, this guy is a stud. Really strong on his skate... Pronger had problems to push him in front of the Flyers net yesterday and one time in the corner, A.Kost pushed Pronge and got away with the puck.

But lets be honest, Carter is a better player, well more consistant.! Lets go Andrei finish him up :sarcasm:

Montreal Shadow 05-21-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 25932691)
yeah, except Staal isnt the pens best player

Carter is their best player (arguably with Richards, depends how you wanna look at it)

Well, neither have been big offensive factors in the playofffs. Staal has 24pts in 60 playoffs games whereas Carter only has 15pts in 33 games. He's coming back from an injury, either he won't be 100% full or he'll be on a tear for a few games, he'll eventually slow down. Mike Richards is roughly equal to Carter in the regular season with more playmaking abilities and less goal scoring prowess. In the post season it's a total blowout in favor of Richards.

Also, Montreal dealt with the likes of Backstrom, Knuble, Semin, Ovechkin and Green with Washington, they dealt with Malkin, Crosby, Staal and Gonchar. Among the players I named, 5 are far greater offensive threats than Carter. No reason to be affraid of him.

CareyClutch 05-21-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMMuT (Post 25932501)

Lappy everywhere!! today

Vicious 05-21-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 25932468)
I'm actually a fan of him coming back. Why? I don't necessarily believe any player coming back aids a team. Sometimes with a big goal scorer like him, they try to accomodate him and others who got more ice time and were in the zone get reduced ice time and lose momentum. Then again, it could also work the way philly fans expect, that he'll come back and be on fire. I'm hoping for the first option obviously. I think it was different when gagne returned because they were desperate and everyone was in the zone. Now, they're up 2-1 series, from down 3-0, this seems like a walk in the part. Returning players can even help us. I'm probably over-analyzing this, but just trying to say, even with Carter back, doesn't necessarily mean they will be a better team than they were the first 2 games.

Simon Gagne's return sure helped the flyers though. They won 6 straight and he scored 7 goals in those games.

Or when Andrei Markov came back for us in December and we won like 7 straight.

Theosis 05-21-2010 11:31 AM

Could go either way... They could lose momentum with him coming back and making other players lose ice-time. Or he could come back on fire like Alfredsson did to us earlier this year and got 1 goal and 2 assists in his first game back against us.

LyricalLyricist 05-21-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious (Post 25932937)
Simon Gagne's return sure helped the flyers though. They won 6 straight and he scored 7 goals in those games.

Or when Andrei Markov came back for us in December and we won like 7 straight.

Or when Stall came back and they won the series...wait a minute. Like I said, different circumstances. Gagne came back when they were down 3-0, Carter may came back when they're up 2-1.

LyricalLyricist 05-21-2010 12:01 PM

Also, Briere was on fire as center, if they decide to keep him as center, he goes to 3rd line, or Carter is on 3rd line, unless they bring briere back to wing...but he did better as center. Not everything works out perfect.

If i were martin I focus on the wingers to be honest. Carter probably won't try to do it on his own and will try to use his linemates on his first game back to feed his confidence by making some nice plays. Cut off his options and you're giving the 'opportunity' to a 'rusty' player...in comparison to his linemates at this time of the year of course.

CanadianFlyersFan18 05-21-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 25933578)
Also, Briere was on fire as center, if they decide to keep him as center, he goes to 3rd line, or Carter is on 3rd line, unless they bring briere back to wing...but he did better as center. Not everything works out perfect.

If i were martin I focus on the wingers to be honest. Carter probably won't try to do it on his own and will try to use his linemates on his first game back to feed his confidence by making some nice plays. Cut off his options and you're giving the 'opportunity' to a 'rusty' player...in comparison to his linemates at this time of the year of course.

Just to let most of you know, Carter will prob start off on the wing, getting time with the Gagne-Richards and or JVR-Giroux, Lavy has already stated in previous interviews that the Briere line won't be broken up because of recent success. People talk about limited ice time, the only players ice time that will be limited are Carcillo, Asham, and Nodl, who have all been none factors at this point.
Enjoy, Saturday should be an excellent game


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.