HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Mark Hardy Arrested Under Suspicion of Felony Sexual Abuse (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=778684)

PSP 05-21-2010 12:03 PM

Mark Hardy Arrested Under Suspicion of Felony Sexual Abuse

My sister just IM'd me this - something about a female relative in Washington

Live in the Now 05-21-2010 12:04 PM

I just saw this too.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rticle-7454561

Quote:

Eyewitness News has confirmed Hardy was taken into custody overnight at the Mayflower Hotel. Police said the complaint came from a woman in her 20s who claimed to be a relative of Hardy's.

Reaper45 05-21-2010 12:06 PM

Ugh.

Zizou 05-21-2010 12:07 PM

Not good

johnjm22 05-21-2010 12:09 PM

TERRIBLE news.

PSP 05-21-2010 12:09 PM

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...key&id=7454561

Zizou 05-21-2010 12:11 PM

Misdemeanor sexual abuse? I thought all sexual abuse was a felony?

LombardiTool 05-21-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizou (Post 25932958)
Misdemeanor sexual abuse? I thought all sexual abuse was a felony?

THere are varying degrees based on circumstances and ability to prosecute.

Flour Child 05-21-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frolovfan (Post 25933020)
THere are varying degrees based on circumstances and ability to prosecute.

Can you or one of our lawyers expand on this and better explain the differences? Differenci?

I googled this, this is D.C.'s explanation
Quote:

A person shall be imprisoned for not more than 5 years and, in addition, may be fined in an amount not to exceed $50,000, if that person engages in or causes sexual contact with or by another person in the following manner:

Whoever engages in a sexual act or sexual contact with another person and who should have knowledge or reason to know that the act was committed without that other person's permission, shall be imprisoned for not more than 180 days and, in addition, may be fined in an amount not to exceed $1,000.

JMFJ 3 05-21-2010 12:28 PM

That's a shocker

kingpest19 05-21-2010 12:58 PM

TMZ is reporting the woman as being his daughter.

Telos 05-21-2010 12:59 PM

Oh boy, this is going to be a fun clean subject to discuss >.< Hopefully this all works out and is nothing but a crazy girl doing crazy girl things, because I don't think we can afford to lose him. He is the most important assistant next to Ranford in my opinion. If only we had someone to coach the forwards like we do defense and goaltending...

TonySCV 05-21-2010 01:03 PM

Oy vey.

His daughter is who he allegedly abused: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/21/nhl-co...buse-daughter/

Zizou 05-21-2010 01:10 PM

If this is true, get this pathetic piece of **** out of the league and into counseling.

DeeMeck 05-21-2010 01:15 PM

Will anyone ever know? It looks like a his word against hers kind of thing. I am sure he will be put on paid leave pending trial and whatnot.

Telos 05-21-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 25933777)
Will anyone ever know? It looks like a his word against hers kind of thing. I am sure he will be put on paid leave pending trial and whatnot.

Pretty much. She is accusing him of some very light stuff. We don't know if he actually did it and has a problem, or if he didn't want to give her her allowance and she went bonkers. That is the problem with the gender bending world today. Had Hardy made the same call to the police about his daughter, I doubt she would be in police custody right now. Because of rampant abuse of the system, these things can get pretty crazy. He could face serious charges on word alone and lose, or he could get away with something heinous on lack of evidence. It's just one of those situations...

Flour Child 05-21-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizou (Post 25933708)
If this is true, get this pathetic piece of **** out of the league and into counseling.

Where to begin on this.

Two people are really going to know if this is true.

The bolded part of your post is a disgrace even with your preface.

But until He is convicted, He is innocent.

If He is guilty, He'll get worse than counseling.

You "conditionally" calling him what you did is disgraceful.

Even if He is 100% cleared, this is going to be a black eye on his reputation for the rest of his life.

Remember guys, Ziggy was accused of spousal abuse and booked yet nothing ever became of it.

Quote:

Lawyers?

He'll be arraigned before training camp right?

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 05-21-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Witnesses are the key . . . Where's Mrs. Hardy in all this?

kovacro 05-21-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 25933827)
Pretty much. She is accusing him of some very light stuff.

Mark Hardy is in police custody after his daughter told cops that Mark "put his hand down [her] shorts and touched her genital area without her permission."

I wouldn't call that "very light". It's a pretty serious claim, hopefully it's all BS but we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Herby 05-21-2010 01:29 PM

Wonder how OD will look in a suit coaching the d-man and PK next season.

BTW is it wrong that I just text my friend "to bad it wasn't Kompon"

Telos 05-21-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovacro (Post 25933909)
Mark Hardy is in police custody after his daughter told cops that Mark "put his hand down [her] shorts and touched her genital area without her permission."

I wouldn't call that "very light". It's a pretty serious claim, hopefully it's all BS but we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Well, sexual abuse is always a serious claim in that your reputation gets destroyed regardless if it is true or not, but what I was getting at is that she is reporting inappropriate contact and not actual molestation. It could still hurt him, but at least the accusation is probably of the least degree next to verbal sexual abuse.

Ziggy Stardust 05-21-2010 01:36 PM

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."

Flour Child 05-21-2010 01:51 PM

Kings statement

Quote:

“We are aware of the charge. Due to the legal nature of this matter, we will not have any additional comments at this time.”
Hardy is to be arraigned on Friday.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/05/21...ardy-arrested/

Vagrant 05-21-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 25933966)
Well, sexual abuse is always a serious claim in that your reputation gets destroyed regardless if it is true or not, but what I was getting at is that she is reporting inappropriate contact and not actual molestation. It could still hurt him, but at least the accusation is probably of the least degree next to verbal sexual abuse.

Your conduct in this thread is very unbecoming. It seems as if you've gone into total spin mode to preserve the reputation of this man for whatever reason. I can understand withholding judgment until the rest of the story is available, but talking about his importance to the team and how it may be untrue because crazy girls do crazy things is deplorable in this situation. You don't know either party in this matter personally, and neither do I, but to make those kind of assertions without the full story is more than a little disheartening to read.

Flour Child 05-21-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 25933966)

Lawyers, is this because She is not a minor?